[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Clyde wrote:
Mephison is a good skunk name. I assume it's not a reference to Mephistopheles, which seems a bit out of place in a cute RPG about cuddly talking animals.

And yeah, it might be cool to see a boss battle that pokes fun at the "SUPER-POWERFUL SECOND FORM" trope.

No just the Mep/Meph in the name, since the scientific name is Mephitis Mephitis. Wanted to pick a good sounding name.
And TVTropes calls that less powerful second form thing a "Clipped Wing Angel".

[tt]
 Post subject: Re: I have this big RPG idea I wanted to post, can I get inp
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 pm 
:D
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Morrad1991 wrote:
That would be funny for sure. I think you should be writing in a game design document at this stage in development. Try Google Docs and Trello to keep things organized

Like as sort of an online place to put ideas and dialouge lines and such? And that others could add to also if they wanted?

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:16 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Parakarry wrote:
Morrad1991 wrote:
That would be funny for sure. I think you should be writing in a game design document at this stage in development. Try Google Docs and Trello to keep things organized

Like as sort of an online place to put ideas and dialouge lines and such? And that others could add to also if they wanted?

Well ideas aren't very useful unless you use them. So keeping track of them is always a good idea. A Game Design Document holds all your ideas. Then when you're out of the idea phase get into the prototype phase, then design phase. But from what I understand you're still with the ideas. It takes a while before you have a solid plan. Look into articles on Gamasutra and Kotaku for advice. That's what I've done for my games and they are coming along well so far.

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:54 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I started a Google Docs page where I put various ideas and such. If anyone has any ideas, put them in a new page please!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iI ... BlToSVIJs/
Can you read this?

[tt]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:42 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Got the next character designed. Here's Reed, the Beaver. I wanted his color scheme to be sort of a mix/between yellows and orange. As I thought about how I wanted him designed, I couldn't help but envision that he's wearing some sort of nature-y hat. I thought about it for weeks, and I think it should be a little log thing. I wanted him to wear something cause beavers are sort of plain and rounded headed, so I wanted something else to him... so I drew that.

I picked that name not for any real meaning, just out of coming to like it. Watching videos for Tales of Eternia, the main character is Reid, I also watch Arthur, the TV show, his last name is Read, but I thought it used to be Reed... I also named one of my characters that in FF3 DS. I picked it for the beaver too, because it sounds nice and river-y.

Also I made the Google Docs page viewable to anyone who has the link, can't edit it, but can comment. I'd love to hear feedback!
Here's the link again.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iI ... CBlToSVIJs

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
That's a cool concept for the beaver. By the way I can access your google docs now

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:38 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Here's some more random info:
Once of the characters I based somewhat on my personality, but now I've decided to have all the characters borrow a little something from my own personality.

Erin is naturally defensive, and she is constantly stressing how she would never try to do anything wrong, to the point where she needs to relax. Maybe something DID happen...
Mikey feels that without confronting something (or someone) head on, nothing gets accomplished. Even though I'm not that aggressive, that's a mindset I sometimes have. Whereas others would walk away, I feel like I want to face someone cause nothing would happen otherwise.
Reed has grown leery of humans, and has a real distaste for them. This is sometimes how I feel too, with all the stupid bullsh*t in the world, it's like, what the f*ck humans? Seriously...
I'm thinking of having Sylvia have a fear of failure, just like me.
The main Raccoon would have this sense of altruism and good to him.

That's all I have so far. I can get other ideas.

Anyway, this is Sylvia the rabbit. She would be the sporty type, have combat gloves as weapons.
However, I haven't neccesarily got her to where I want her yet. Here's the problem.
I was heavily, infringingly inspired from a one-off character from Pet Shop.
They go to see bunny races and they meet this arrogant racer named Fuzzy Lightning. I pretty much was heavily inspired by her, to her color and such, but I want to make her my own. Instead of a helmet, I gave her a headband, and I thought of making it yellow/green cause that's one of my favorite colors, but it just looked too similar. any thoughts?

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:21 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Maybe make her play a different sport. Well look like she does. She looks like a tennis player there. Why not a swimmer or a ice hockey player? If you do that she could be a snow rabbit coloured white.

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:51 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Megabump.
I've done it. I designed all 7 guys. I'll post all the images right now, and descriptions, like I started new.
Any input, design suggestions, or even sketches or drawings, I'm game! I'm going to post this on a few other boards too, hopefully to get good feedback.
(Should I put these in a spoiler tag?)

ImageImage
This is Mephison, the skunk. He's the mage of the group. I designed him to be indigo colored with lavender hair streaks and tail stripe. He uses wands as a weaapon.
He used to be a human, a magic researcher, but an accident changed him into a skunk and he fled out of fear, where he meets with the other guys.
His personality studious and knowledgeable, especially of the human world and magic, but finds it difficult to really connect with people.

ImageImage
This is Shelley the squirrel. Being the impulsive taker, she's the thief of the group. She gets the power to use gems as ingredients for attacks too. She uses claws as a weapon,
I designed her to have that salmon pink color and dark orange hair.
She's full of energy and loves to do things, but she feels stiffed by her circumstances and parents and just wants to enjoy the world.
Her personality is cheerful, impulsive, a little ADHD-ish with cool looking objects (especially gemstones), and perky, and a little sarcastic sometimes.

This is Erin, the porcupine. She uses arrows and various quill attacks.
I designed her to be a few shades of green and olive.
She's pretty meek, uncertain, and always feels accused and guilty, vehement that she would never try to do anything wrong. She gets pretty defensive and prickly.

This is Reed, the beaver. He uses staffs and long arms.
I designed him to be between yellow and orange.
He's very relaxed, chill, easygoing, and in tune with nature. But... humans absolutely disgust him because of their destructiveness and awfulness.

This is Mikey, the badger. Being strong, he uses giant sledgehammers.
I designed him to be primarily white and gray.
He's tough, rough around the edges, and very insistent and tenacious, won't back down. He believes you have to take things head on or nothing gets accomplished.
But he's somewhat of a softie too sometimes.

This is Sylvia, the rabbit. She's into martial arts and uses combat gloves.
I designed her to be lavender.
She's athletic and hard working, but sometimes lacks confidence and is afraid of failure and rejection.

ImageImage
Finally, there's the main character, Reynard the Raccoon. He uses swords. I designed him to be black and copper colored. I have him with bright red eyes, but now IDK if that's a good idea or not to have him with.
He has a strong sense of altruism and heroism, and wants animal and man alike to live without threats.
(I know Reynard is a fox sort of name, but that really seemed to stick with me for him. I couldn't really decide on a name for him)

[br]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:38 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
A wizard, a swordsman, an archer... This sounds very different from "wood animals against humans". :p

I think a strong point in their design are the color schemes; they are all very colorful and fresh-looking. But I'm not sure what to say about Mikey's colors, perhaps the cyan mask doesn't look good in middle of gray and white? I feel there needs to be cyan somewhere else in his body, but it may not be a big difference. What about having him be dark blue and aqua instead? (Though it'll make him way too similar to Mephison)

Spoiler:

[tt]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
His face color is actually a deliberate nod to this badger girl:
Michelle from Once Upon a Forest. (and is where I borrowed the male form of the name too)
In the movie, a chlorine gas leak threatens the forest, her parents die, and she falls unconscious and needs to be saved.

[br]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:15 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
You previously said you wanted a cuter style like LPS, so I tried it again with a better tool and a more cartoony style:

Alternate colors:

Spoiler:

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:46 am 
[*]
Wow, that's pretty great, SuperArthurBros! It looks like something you'd see in a commercial game. If I might ask, what tool did you use? A vector art program like Inkscape, perhaps?

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:14 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
That's awesome

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[tt]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hey pretty cute! I like! Littlest Pet Shop is definitely the inspiration for the game.

I have a certain look in mind for the game idea, and I wanted to post about this game on other boards, and one of the things I wanted to do is make sort of a "vision board" using various images from games and things as to sort of the ball park look of what I had in mind just to emphasize. Less chibi style, more of a semi-anthro sort of thing. I was going to post about it other places, but I can post it here too.
You'll see some of the same characters in this, but they have that sort of look and feel.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 35 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic