Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 52 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [fi]
 Post subject: Why was Spoopy Maryo accepted?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:59 am 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It's not even a game. Engine tests are more of a game than it, and those are clearly forbidden in the submission guidelines. I know we're dealing with fangames here, but you could at least pretend to have some standards.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
 Post subject: Re: Why was Spoopy Maryo accepted?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:35 am 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
There was another joke game that was less than 10 seconds long; you played as Link and you couldn't jump until a Trollface appeared saying Link doesn't jump. And then the game ends.

Still, In Spoopy Maryo, I laughed when the ghost came and killed the player.

Spoiler:

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:59 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I accepted it because I don't check content staff members submit

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:04 pm 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
I accepted it because I don't check content staff members submit

I can't tell if this is a joke.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
^Usually I trust staff members enough to know the guidelines of what to submit and what not, though I assume it backfired in this case. I'll talk to Hylian about it later.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:29 pm 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Why is everyone so mad over a staff member submitting a joke game? MFGG used to be fun.

Maybe there should be a category on the mainsite for joke games or a disclaimer that the game isn't fun and might not appeal to everyone's sense of humor. (I haven't played it, BTW.)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:58 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I knew it was a joke game and I still didn't like it. I gave it a replay score of 2/10 because it just might be useful as a sleep aid.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:23 pm 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Puddin wrote:
a joke game

A joke needs to be, you know, funny. I'd love to see the Waligie games on the mainsite and I like Super Mario Melatonin, but Spoopy Maryo is absolute, utter, complete trash. It's a "joke" in the same way as punching someone in the face is a "prank".

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:42 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I guess it really made waves didn't it?

I made this game in January, during which I was doing a thing where I would sit down, come up with a game idea, and finish it in one sitting. This was the result of one of those "sittings". I did it, not to make good games, but to finish games. I had hardly ever finished a game before. I can't say that now!

I decided that, since this one was Mario-related, I'd at least give it a shot at submitting it. Besides, when people played it, they seemed to at least not hate it. Of course, they were friends of mine too, and it wasn't splashed on the front page of the mainsite.

It didn't get accepted until this week, which has been an extremely eventful week for me in general, not to mention that I was also promoted to global mod status. I guess as a result, a couple QC members saw that a GLOBAL MOD :cool: submitted something, so they decided to accept it. Which had I know that would've happened, I probably wouldn't have submitted it haha.

I'm not blaming them for anything. Frankly, I don't think it's too much of a crime that the game's on the mainsite. It meets the guidelines. It works. It works pretty darn well. It just doesn't do much.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:50 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
remember luigi takes a walk?

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:51 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Spoopy Maryo is like Luigi Takes A Walk, except swap out all the quality for blood

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:51 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I think to prevent further accidents like these from happening we could demote Hylian so he no longer has the staff priviledge bonus.

Or I could actually check the games staff members submit. That could work too.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:53 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i guess it's finally time for me to actually make that wario visual novel game that i've been saying i'd make for a while now

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:16 pm 
it's ironic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
I think to prevent further accidents like these from happening we could demote Hylian so he no longer has the staff priviledge bonus.

Or I could actually check the games staff members submit. That could work too.

You should probably start doing the latter. Neglecting staff submissions is kind of biased. You should treat all submissions equally and check everything instead of letting stuff slide just because a staff member was behind it. Demoting HylianDev seems pretty extreme for something that could have been avoided had you been checking staff submissions like normal.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
HylianDev wrote:
Frankly, I don't think it's too much of a crime that the game's on the mainsite. It meets the guidelines. It works. It works pretty darn well. It just doesn't do much.

Hate to say this but there is something called consumer advocacy and if they as a collective don't want a non-traditional game on the mainsite for whatever reasonable reasons said, then honestly that would be more than enough of a removal reason for your game if the QC members are those who support that.

Last edited by DarkSideStrike on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:32 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

HylianDev wrote:
Frankly, I don't think it's too much of a crime that the game's on the mainsite. It meets the guidelines. It works. It works pretty darn well. It just doesn't do much.

Hate to say this but there is something called consumer advocacy and if they as a collective don't want a game on the mainsite for whatever reasonable reasons, then honestly that would be more than enough of a removal reason for your game.

But Strike, business principals don't exactly apply to a fangame website. MFGG is about fangames moreso than groceries. If the site staff (or the userbase, in majority) see it fit to remove the game rather than just let it be unpopular, I have no objections, but if you're asking for my opinion on the matter, I think that it should stay.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:38 pm 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The only good thing about this piece of sh- I mean game is that it made me create this. See you on the main site!

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:48 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
~CaMtEnDo~ wrote:
Demoting HylianDev seems pretty extreme for something that could have been avoided had you been checking staff submissions like normal.
That was sarcastic. And also not checking staff submissions isn't a priviledge they're granted, it's just trust from my side.
Roo wrote:
The only good thing about this piece of sh- I mean game is that it made me create this. See you on the main site!
You're taking this way too seriously.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:52 pm 
artwork by mit
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Roo wrote:
Puddin wrote:
a joke game

A joke needs to be, you know, funny.

I know you like using that line but humor is subjective. I still haven't played the game myself so for all I know I might not even find it to be funny.

Roo wrote:
I'd love to see the Waligie games on the mainsite and I like Super Mario Melatonin, but Spoopy Maryo is absolute, utter, complete trash. It's a "joke" in the same way as punching someone in the face is a "prank".

So joke games should only be accepted to MFGG if they meet your personal standards of humor? For the record, I would like to see the Waligie games on MFGG too, but there's no accounting for taste. That's what reviews are for.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:54 pm 
I shine.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
You're taking this way too seriously.

:agree:

Puddin wrote:
I still haven't played the game myself

:blank: :shifty: :mad: :nope:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 52 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic