Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 164 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [es]
 Post subject: Re: MFGG's volunteer technical support thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 pm 
I'm just a little adorable kitty :3
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

SunRaiZ wrote:
I have a question.How can I record my game play?

Use this.

User page at mfgg.net

[rs]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:01 pm 
Я твой слуга, Я твой работник
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm a having a problem with Facebook. Whenever I try to go to the main page, I can only see one part of the page with only texts and without pictures - they are replaced by this annoying little guy:

When I try to refresh the page, I get Facebook as it was in HTML:

Spoiler:

There's some pretty unusual stuff, like "send a new message", "Messages", "Other", "Show older"... I don't remember seeing that stuff before.

Now, I'm pretty sure the conection is not the problem, because any other webpage works perfectly. I can visit Google, MFGG, Accuweather, anything, and everything's working fine but Facebook. What's happening?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:05 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I guess this would be the right thread to post in. My mouse keeps freezing. Every 2 minutes, the mouse becomes unresponsive for about 20 seconds - can't move it, click or anything. As if I plugged it out. However, it has some fancy colors on it which still continue to light up - however, they also seem to malfunction after a few seconds or go out entirely. Every other mouse works, but I really don't want to use another mouse, because
1) this one was really expensive and has some neat features :(
2) all the others have some issues too
The USB port is okay and works fine. I guess it's a cable issue? Even though the cable looks fine to me. Any suggestions?

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:37 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Case 1:
Most likely. Cables tends to wear out very easy. Also, when plug/unplug from your machine next time. Try to be careful and do not bend the cable near the USB connector.

Case 2:
Bad driver in your system. Try to rollback your driver of your mouse. Or go to its manufacturer website and look for a newer driver respective to its model and your OS.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:55 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
My windows 8 laptop keep alternating between projection modes for no apparent reason...Anyone know why?

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[us]
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:34 am 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
TheShyGuy wrote:
My windows 8 laptop keep alternating between projection modes for no apparent reason...Anyone know why?

This is actually an unusual problem, I'm not sure what would actually cause this.

I would check the keyboard that is built in to the laptop, and see if there is anything that might be bumping the key which is set to operate that command.
(Assuming your laptop is built like this, most are.)
it might not take much to cause this to happen, even something the size of a bread crumb underneath the key.

if that doesn't help, I would check the system configuration and see if the shortcut can be disabled,
often, I've seen that this can be done either by searching through the software that often comes on laptop computers, or by searching for anything relevant in
"MSCONFIG" and disabling it's service. (Be careful, you can cripple your computers capabilities by disabling the wrong services, make note of anything you have changed before rebooting.)

I hope this helps.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:10 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So as my mouse decided to work again I run into my next problem, a much more severe one. It seems my RAM is broken. Got three blue screens saying 0x1A (memory management) and 0x50 (page fault in non-paged area) (I got the former twice). Checking the RAM using mdsched it says my hardware is damaged. What do I do now :(

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
So as my mouse decided to work again I run into my next problem, a much more severe one. It seems my RAM is broken. Got three blue screens saying 0x1A (memory management) and 0x50 (page fault in non-paged area) (I got the former twice). Checking the RAM using mdsched it says my hardware is damaged. What do I do now :(

It sounds like you just need some new ram chips.
You will need to identify what type your motherboard can use first, DDR, DDR2, or DDR3, and what capacity they are.
(This should be listed in your computer's specifications)

It is not advisable that you go below how much ram your comp came with, however going above shouldn't be a problem.
(Personally, I would take the chance to upgrade)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/ (Don't let the rebate offers fool you, they can take up to a year to go through)
http://www.newegg.com/
These are both good spots to shop for this part.
Make sure that you only get the type for your kind of computer. Desktop, or laptop.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:21 am 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Where do I find out about what type my motherboard can use and what capacity it is? Once I get new RAM chips, how do I implement them into the computer?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I need help. I haven't open my laptop since 3 or 4 weeks ago. I opened my laptop today to backup my files and started to backup my files. But suddenly copying speed became 0! I waited for a half hour but it just copied one file! I closed my computer and opened but it stuck on this screen. I closed my computer and opened again but it didn't change anything. I restarted again and troubleshoot opened. I accidentally clicked something and something started to loading. I closed my computer again since I didn't know what I did click. I opened it again but a white line started to flash for 1 minute before bios screen came. After bios screen a boot menu appeared. When I pressed enter for any of the options a message says "[ HDD/SSD ] is failed." How can I save my files in the HDD? Or can I save the files in the HDD? What should I do now?

[tw]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm afraid you had the same issue as my current laptop: hard drive failure. There's ways to open it but I don't recommend you to fix it. My best solution is to get a new hard drive.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hypernova wrote:
I'm afraid you had the same issue as my current laptop: hard drive failure. There's ways to open it but I don't recommend you to fix it. My best solution is to get a new hard drive.

Oh :( Can I save my datas?

[tw]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:39 am 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well. Look on the bright side, you got something backed up. I did not get anything backed up when my hard drive failed. There's no way backing up from a hard drive condition like that, unless you can find a SATA to USB converter and backing up from another computer. However there's a slim chance you can get your files back since the hard drive physically failed.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:14 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So, for some reason, for the past few days my internet hasn't quite been acting well...
For whatever reason, I can utilize browsing(which is how I'm posting this mind you) but for some reason it just won't load videos and skype will be in an eternal loop of connecting.
I'm connected to a Telus Wireless modem if that helps. I've also been doing system restores like crazy since it started happening, but system restore only fixed it once, that being the first time I tried.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:35 pm 
Always got a bone to pick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
UltLuigi wrote:
So, for some reason, for the past few days my internet hasn't quite been acting well...
For whatever reason, I can utilize browsing(which is how I'm posting this mind you) but for some reason it just won't load videos and skype will be in an eternal loop of connecting.
I'm connected to a Telus Wireless modem if that helps. I've also been doing system restores like crazy since it started happening, but system restore only fixed it once, that being the first time I tried.

In my experience, quirks like this are not fixed by system restore because they aren't problems with your PC's settings, they're glitches in your modem / router / whathaveyou.

You should disconnect your modem (not just turn it off), wait about ten seconds (or if it feels hot, until it cools off), and plug it back in. Expect it to take 40 seconds to a minute to fully boot. Restart your computer while waiting and see if this has fixed the issue.

Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:22 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It just got fixed
I guess someone in my house must've unplugged the modem and plugged it back in

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:05 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mors wrote:
I need help. I haven't open my laptop since 3 or 4 weeks ago. I opened my laptop today to backup my files and started to backup my files. But suddenly copying speed became 0! I waited for a half hour but it just copied one file! I closed my computer and opened but it stuck on this screen. I closed my computer and opened again but it didn't change anything. I restarted again and troubleshoot opened. I accidentally clicked something and something started to loading. I closed my computer again since I didn't know what I did click. I opened it again but a white line started to flash for 1 minute before bios screen came. After bios screen a boot menu appeared. When I pressed enter for any of the options a message says "[ HDD/SSD ] is failed." How can I save my files in the HDD? Or can I save the files in the HDD? What should I do now?

I've had this problem on a fairly new Windows 7 computer. Instead it actually boots up normal, but gets REALLY slow, and freezes all the time. I used to play BF3 on it all the time, but it doesn't function. I did a System Restore, and nothing, so it must be the hardrive.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:08 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I've seen this problem on a grand scale.
The most common cause in my experience is OS corruption, and HDD damage.

Considering the noted error, this sounds like HDD damage.
You should seek a replacement for this part, and reinstall the OS from the restore discs that came with your comp.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:13 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Was considering it but I maybe just want to get a new laptop (did I mention that?). The laptop has screws and I fumbled around with the hardrive to see if anything was wrong, I think I remember seeing something broken on the HDD itself. (I did this months ago.)

Also, I have more than one computer, so I'll do fine.

@DJ Coco
If this is still a problem, try getting CPUz and finding your RAM section. Then, once you get the RAM, open your computer and find this section. (Pulled off of google) Image
Insert the RAM there, close it back, and boot it. Try to find tutorials depending on your type of computer. (Note: I am not responsible for any damage of your computer.)

Last edited by Technoflops on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:15 pm 
Goodbye.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Fair enough.

Darky wrote:
@DJ Coco
If this is still a problem, try getting CPUz and finding your RAM section. Then, once you get the RAM, open your computer and find this section. (Pulled off of google) [img]x[/img]
Insert the RAM there, close it back, and boot it. Try to find tutorials depending on your type of computer. (Note: I am not responsible for any damage of your computer.)

The situation was handled in private, for reasons I am not authorized to discuss here.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 164 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic