Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

[ 1 post ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [at]
 Post subject: Motivation
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[youtube]zaz9KVc2Ta8[/youtube]

See, many games attempt to replicate official mario games. We applaud those that get even moderately close.
This game is another league. I hesitate to call it a fangame, because I could have easily mistaken it for an offical game, it's just that excellent. Bravo, this is really something to be proud of.

Thunder Dragon (10 Year Anniversary Interview) wrote:
What was your favorite fangame?
Midas Machine. After 10 years, you'd think the choice would be a little tougher, but... Midas Machine. Many fan games are good "for a fan game," if you get what I'm saying, but Midas Machine is simply good. Not only is it a well-made Mario platformer, but it thinks outside the box - instead of just cloning Super Mario Bros. 3, it offers its own interpretation on the Mario formula. All the original graphics and music also help set it apart from the rest. A good fan game doesn't imitate the source material - a good fan game instead pays tribute, like Midas Machine here.

I'll just pin this here, to keep the motivation up. (Not only because it's TD, but because this sums up what MM is and could be and that we don't forget that during the development process.)

VinnyVideo wrote:
Midas Machine by Guinea, Chaoxys, and a whole bunch of other people

I don't usually include active works in progress on this list, but the culmination of the Community Fangame Project is already an extremely polished - and fun - game in its own right, and even at the first demo, it's longer than many of the most popular "good" games on MFGG. No Mario fangame has achieved the level of polish Midas Machine has in regards to graphics, music, or engine, and the gameplay includes top-notch level design, interesting boss fights, secret levels, and other things that make this an instant classic. There's even an intriguing story. And despite being made by a large team, Midas Machine is never afraid to take chances, and there's a very healthy dose of innovation and originality in the game design. Many MFGGers have said this game is higher-quality than quite a few official Mario games, and we can only wait and see what future updates give us!

And this.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 1 post ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked