Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 109 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [at]
 Post subject: Bug/Glitch reports
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:14 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Now that the first episode has been launched, it's probably a good idea to have a topic like this.
So yeah, if you have found a bug or glitch or error, post it in here.

Please try to find if your glitch has already been posted, if so see if you can give us more details to the already reported problem.

If you post a new bug, be as precise as possible. Tell us where it happened, what happened, how it happened and whatever else you can think of that can help us fix the problem.

Thank you.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch reports
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I've already reported a few things on the main topic. Would it help if I re-posted it here?

(If so, I'll just edit this post instead of posting a new one to keep this topic concise).

Wow. That was quite impressive! A few bug reports/suggestions (none game-breaking by any means):

• The message texts go pretty slowly, at least for my taste. Giving players a way to adjust text speed on the options menu, like in most RPGS, would be a great addition.
  • When you finish some levels, Mario begins walking to the right but stops when he hits the edge of the screen. This looks a little sloppy. Either make the room transition a little earlier or make it so Mario doesn't stop at the room boundary.
  • It might be better if rolling Koopa shells disappeared after going too far outside the activation area. One shell rolls through the greater part of the level in Toad Town, and it feels kind of unnatural.
  • BGM.DLL generates an error message log in the main folder that says "Failed to get playing status of song - Invalid song ID or filename." It gives src/bgm_play.c as the offending file. This didn't seem to affect anything, though.

Also, a few grammar lapses:
  • Captain Syrup uses the word "sweetheart" twice, but one time it's misspelled as "sweatheart."
  • Peach says Syrup is "not to underestimate," but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "not to be underestimated."
  • And if you're a real grammar Nazi, "alright" is technically wrong and should be replaced with "all right."

Feel free to give credit for this if you want to, but it's not essential.

Last edited by VinnyVideo on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:55 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'd re-post it here for convenience.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm 
Quote:
for object __newobject478:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

Quote:
for object __newobject478:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

I get this whenever my computer goes to screen-saver.

After I exited out of the game and started it up again, it fixed itself.

[sc]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:07 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
the textboxes have some weird lines in them, and when you're holding an enemy, beside a wall and get hit, it gets stuck in the wall.
Also, when luigi super jumps underwater, he jumps normally, but he jumps while ducking, even if you've released the down arrow.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:08 pm 
[*]
[*]
Are goomba's supposed to die when they touch the water? Can't they just fall in it and slow down?

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:34 pm 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
I liked the game but...
I saw there is some places impossible to enter, the blocks from the first level, etc...
Run don't seems to really run, in the second level, after the Key, I can't climb up...
The Wall-kick don't works as well, sometimes you can do when you touch the wall, but sometimes you must wait, don't know why..
And a little sprite bug, when you charge super jump with Luigi with a shell, look what happens:
Also on the Lockey, the HUD is up above to text, which is hard to read:
BTW, why Luigi don't have wallkick? Pretty odd :(

The game is very nice, except isn't is working so great with me (don't know if Numpads really bother in something...)
I gonna try latter, don't know if some levels need use Luigi, and others especially Mario...

I just think it should need a Tutorial, I'm pretty confusing, it's a very different Mario Game...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:55 pm 
[*]
[*]
Code:
for object objDSiAppChat:

In extension function gdlg_message_draw:
Error in code at line 2:
   draw_surface_part(gdlg_surface_text,0,gdlg_scroll,gdlg_width,gdlg_height,argument0,argument1);

at position 20: Unknown variable gdlg_surface_text

This happened when I wanted to chat with Professor E. Gadd

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:12 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
gabrielwoj wrote:
I liked the game but...
I saw there is some places impossible to enter, the blocks from the first level, etc...
Run don't seems to really run, in the second level, after the Key, I can't climb up...
The Wall-kick don't works as well, sometimes you can do when you touch the wall, but sometimes you must wait, don't know why..
And a little sprite bug, when you charge super jump with Luigi with a shell, look what happens:

The game is very nice, except isn't is working so great with me (don't know if Numpads really bother in something...)
I gonna try latter, don't know if some levels need use Luigi, and others especially Mario...

I just think it should need a Tutorial, I'm pretty confusing, it's a very different Mario Game...

Most of those aren't errors.

The gray blocks can't be broken until later in the game.

Not sure what you were saying here.

You have to push in the direction of the wall. It's to avoid having Mario randomly stick to walls.

What did you expect to happen? The items stays the same, it doesn't flash, I mean, it's not the item charging up power.

Guinea will have to take a look at that.

Each character has a special ability. Luigi can Super Jump.

The first level IS a tutorial level. The sign explains how both Mario and Luigi's abilities work, and aside from that it's basic gameplay.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:57 pm 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
gabrielwoj wrote:
I liked the game but...

Most of those aren't errors.

The gray blocks can't be broken until later in the game.

Not sure what you were saying here.

You have to push in the direction of the wall. It's to avoid having Mario randomly stick to walls.

What did you expect to happen? The items stays the same, it doesn't flash, I mean, it's not the item charging up power.

Guinea will have to take a look at that.

Each character has a special ability. Luigi can Super Jump.

The first level IS a tutorial level. The sign explains how both Mario and Luigi's abilities work, and aside from that it's basic gameplay.

Ah!
Lol sorry :P

I had did a fast play through, sorry

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:57 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
All photos I take are completely white.

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:52 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Blue Guy wrote:
I get this whenever my computer goes to screen-saver.

This is because GM (for some reason) throws all surfaces over board when e.g. a screensaver kicks in, when the "are you sure" thing from Windows pops up and other stuff that messes with the screen. It could probably be fixed by checking if a surface exists on every possible occasion, but tbh, that's really not worth the effort to code in GML, since the most you lose is the level you're currently in and since the levels aren't that long, I guess we can all live with that. So sorry :(
Fez wrote:
the textboxes have some weird lines in them

There's an option in the DSe menu that fixes this, because some graphics cards render the rectangles one pixel short.
volnado wrote:
Are goomba's supposed to die when they touch the water? Can't they just fall in it and slow down?

At the moment yes, because we had to do something when they touched the water. For later chapters when it's more important that they can be under water, this will be changed.
Fidu wrote:
All photos I take are completely white.

Might be another graphics card problem, or a problem with the PNG dll we're using, that can't be fixed. Either way, the camera mode is mostly for fun and you never really need the pictures. So if you want a screenshot you can still take one the "classic" way, pressing "printscreen" on the keyboard, so I hope it's ok if you just can't use it.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:26 pm 
Not sure if it's an error, but swimming mechanics need some help. Sometimes the character will sink even though I'm pressing the swim button or they won't swim in the direction I'm pressing (poopy keyboard?). As I said before, the jumping out of water controls in particular are incredibly frustrating, especially on the jungle stage.

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:29 pm 
[*]
[*]
Tonberry2k wrote:
Not sure if it's an error, but swimming mechanics need some help. Sometimes the character will sink even though I'm pressing the swim button or they won't swim in the direction I'm pressing (**** keyboard?). As I said before, the jumping out of water controls in particular are incredibly frustrating, especially on the jungle stage.

Are your controls at default (jump - shift run - ctrl)?
If so mabye you get the sticky keys when you ckick shift to much.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've never had any of the issues your are describing, and I've played the water levels hundreds of times (sadly, that isn't an exaggeration, I did a LOT of testing).

User page at mfgg.net

[sc]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:

I think he's trying to point out that when luigi's super jump is fully charged, he grabs his hat, and lets go of the shell, yet it still stays attached to him.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:05 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh that? My mistake. I'm so used to seeing it that I didn't even notice. That should be a simple fix.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 pm 
[*]
[*]
After you beat Captain Syrup, and after a converstion with Princess Peach and Toadsworth, a Toad rund toward Mario & Luigi with an urgent message but the speech balloon is on top of Luigi.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 pm 
thanks klobber
Cross-posting from the actual Dev Showcase thread.

When I start the game up I get

Quote:
for object objSetup:

Error defining an external function.

The game starts to play then but there's no music. The only sound is the sfx like stomping on Goombas. I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit).

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:22 am 
[*]
[*]
Every incline which is supposed to be jump throughable isn't like the inclines at the end of lvl 2.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 109 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked