Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 161 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [aq]
 Post subject: Re: Idea Pool
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:20 pm 
Founder
[F]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Judging by what you say, that would be ideal. In any case, I have potential ideas for the alternate boss fight:

Quote:
I was thinking we could replace him with a large crab like boss that you fight on a construction site in the water (think Ricco Harbor). You are climbing on a fence and he is in the water below trying to get you with his claws or something... idk, either way it's more fitting.

Giant enemy crabs are kinda overdone, so what I had in mind was a jellyfish trying to get you with its tentacles. With that, you could factor in the element of electricity - assuming the fence is made out of metal, the jellyfish could send an electric shock all throughout and to certain parts, requiring you to maneuver around. As the boss runs low on HP, the electric shocks would then affect the entire fence, requiring you to momentarily jump off, then immediately grab back on once it is done surging. Just something to perhaps consider.~

Psychic Cyclopean Silverware IN SPACE!
Follow updates (among other things) on The Twitterbooks!
(if you followed my old personal account, this is a different one - follow it instead!)

Engine test demo and more @
EyesInEverything.com

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Thunder Dragon wrote:
Judging by what you say, that would be ideal. In any case, I have potential ideas for the alternate boss fight:

Quote:
I was thinking we could replace him with a large crab like boss that you fight on a construction site in the water (think Ricco Harbor). You are climbing on a fence and he is in the water below trying to get you with his claws or something... idk, either way it's more fitting.

Giant enemy crabs are kinda overdone, so what I had in mind was a jellyfish trying to get you with its tentacles. With that, you could factor in the element of electricity - assuming the fence is made out of metal, the jellyfish could send an electric shock all throughout and to certain parts, requiring you to maneuver around. As the boss runs low on HP, the electric shocks would then affect the entire fence, requiring you to momentarily jump off, then immediately grab back on once it is done surging. Just something to perhaps consider.~

Hmmm, That's an interesting take on it. I may go with that one. I could still easily use the plan I had been making for the crab, and with the electricity, that only adds more possibilities.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 am 
Rex
[*]
For the jelly fish boss, idk if you had already this in your mind, but in order to dodge the electric jolts, you could have two fences beside each other which you then had to wall jump to and fro, given, not a true wall jump, because the player is climbing. maybe the chain fence could scroll, and you could also make it so that there would be places missing in the chain-link.

ohoh and maybe when the boss's health does get lower he would try destroying parts of the chainlink.

Also, im new here, so Hello MFGG. i played the first chapter, and its awesome you guys are doing great. :)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:55 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Something like that could work. I don't think we'd have it scrolling though since, with what I have in mind, it could mess things up, but I like the idea of the two fences side by side.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:42 pm 
Rex
[*]
I'm gonna throw this out there, what if you made Yoshi a playable character after you beat the last chapter? not only would it give an extra re-playable factor into the game, but Yoshi is just plain awesome.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:03 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Spoiler:

This is a message for everyone. For the sake of preventing spoiler, lets avoid suggestions about unlockables and what not. That stuff has already been decided.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:35 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

You should make an RPG battle, like the underchomp in SPM or the computer virus in Kirby Super Star.
Maybe Culex appears or something.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:54 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
We already have an rpg battle in the game.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:48 pm 
[*]
[*]
Mabye you could add more powerups. The main reason why I play mario games is because of the exotic and imaginitive powerups and if this game has this feature, I think itll be even cooler.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The game already has a number of power ups, not to mention various items that can be used during gameplay and many situational events that will keep the game constantly changing and eventful. You will see much more of this in chapter 2.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
Will Princess Daisy appear in the game?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:11 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Probably not. I have and idea for her to show up in a cameo but thats about it

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:09 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, I had a thought about Waluigi. Instead of throwing a fire ball like anyone else, he could make a larger version of a normal fireball. If you keep the button held, he will hold it at which point you can throw it like and other holdable object. Despite being larger than a normal fireball, it still works the same except you have more options in angles to throw it, but distance is more limited (compared to Mario and Luigi's who's keep going and going). Also when it hits anything, it goes *poof*

It's different, it's effective, it's original, and it could be fun.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:44 pm 
[*]
[*]
If Bowser's children are in it, they could team-up with a boss Wario & Waluigi would face.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm not sure I understand... You want all 8 of Bowser's kids to team up with a boss in a single fight? So 9 characters acting as a single boss? Seems like a bit of over kill if thats what you meant.

Either way we have plans for the Koopalings.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:57 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Hey Guinea, I had a thought about Waluigi. Instead of throwing a fire ball like anyone else, he could make a larger version of a normal fireball. If you keep the button held, he will hold it at which point you can throw it like and other holdable object. Despite being larger than a normal fireball, it still works the same except you have more options in angles to throw it, but distance is more limited (compared to Mario and Luigi's who's keep going and going). Also when it hits anything, it goes *poof*

Why, hello there bomb powerup!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Guinea wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:

Honestly, I'd like to keep it as a fireball though for a few reasons (melting ice, it's a FIRE flower, there is a boss later that involves use of fire, ect.)

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:52 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Guinea wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:

Honestly, I'd like to keep it as a fireball though for a few reasons (melting ice, it's a FIRE flower, there is a boss later that involves use of fire, ect.)

Well tbh, not really a fan of it.
I know I suggested the bomb ability originally, but considering that there will be quite an amount of bosses which depend on you picking up stuff and throwing it at them, I think the ability to summon a holdable item from thin air at any time (even if you need the fire power for it) may be a bit overpowering, especially if it really serves like a holdable item in that it protects you from anything incoming from the front, and can be thrown in all directions.

I say we try some ideas and see which works in the end.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:01 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Guinea wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
Guinea wrote:

Well tbh, not really a fan of it.
I know I suggested the bomb ability originally, but considering that there will be quite an amount of bosses which depend on you picking up stuff and throwing it at them, I think the ability to summon a holdable item from thin air at any time (even if you need the fire power for it) may be a bit overpowering, especially if it really serves like a holdable item in that it protects you from anything incoming from the front, and can be thrown in all directions.

I say we try some ideas and see which works in the end.

You have to keep in mind that even though you can throw it, it's still a fireball, as in, if you threw it at Syrup's glass dome, it wouldn't do anything. As for protecting you, that could be an issue, although with how high he holds things, most enemies would go under it and hit his legs.

Oh well, like you said, we can try a few things.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:06 pm 
[*]
[*]
Mabye we should make everybodies fireballs different just to make them more unique.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 161 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked