Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 161 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Idea Pool
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. Are you saying we should allow the player to adjust the players stats?

Thats kinda unnecessary. I mean it's not an RPG, and either way it defeats the purpose of having multiple playable characters.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. Are you saying we should allow the player to adjust the players stats?

Thats kinda unnecessary. I mean it's not an RPG, and either way it defeats the purpose of having multiple playable characters.

Uh...
But well, the other characters have other stats right?

OKay I got it

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:30 pm 
sorry, . i don't know how too delete this post so
so just ignore it

thanks

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:50 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
marionator wrote:
Hello, I'm new to this site and i see your talking about a game called mushroom patrol.
May I ask what this is and if i can help?

It's a chapter based game, you can find chapter 1 here.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12229&start=0

The basis of the game in terms of the story is that Bowser and Syrup (the pirate girl from the Wario Land series) have teamed up to turn the world into gold (that way no one can stop Bowser from taking Peach and Syrup can have as much gold as she wants) with the help of an ancient artifact that will be used in a device known as the "Midas Machine".

As for gameplay, it mixes elements of the Mario series and Wario Land series. For example, level designs will often take on stronger themes at time, and element often seen in Wario Land games.

Just a heads up since this happens often when we get ideas from members, yes, we have a full story planned out for the game which includes bosses, plot points, ect. Ideas we'd need now is battle plans for specific bosses, possible level gimmicks (not so much this since we have plenty as is), ect.

As for ways you can help, we need graphics, level designers, and music mainly.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:16 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, remember that Powerup we were talking about earlier? Well I had an idea for it and I tried to explain it when I uploaded it into the SVN but I didn't do a good job. My idea though is that instead of 3 normal in air jumps, when you jump again in the air, a flower cannon will "swallow" the player, after which the player will have a few seconds to aim the cannon (8 directions) and it will launch them a bit. It's much more original, it can be used in creative ways, and can you imagine how much fun it would be to use against a boss?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I had an idea to make the game work for a wider range of people and to make it more of a challenge. One of the shops could sell 2 items, Classic Mode and Modern Mode. When you buy them, they are added to your key items where they can be activated or turned off whenever. Simply put, when activated, they change the health system slightly.

Classic Mode- You only have 2 hits. A cherry/Fireflower make up the second one. This mimics the older Mario games where Super Mario would go straight to normal Mario with a single hit, no matter what power ups he had.

Modern Mode- Works like Classic, but Fireflowers count as an extra hit.

Keep in mind that this could be added later. Probably in a bonus chapter or something much later on or something. It would mainly be as a means of giving the player an optional challenge.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 am 
Of Questionable Relevance
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm curious: is pretty much every level archetype already planned out for this game? I had a bit of a thought for one that doesn't really fit anything in the other tilesets/backgrounds In the SVN and I'd gladly try and sketch it out, but if you guys don't need any more I won't press the matter.

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Clutch wrote:
I'm curious: is pretty much every level archetype already planned out for this game? I had a bit of a thought for one that doesn't really fit anything in the other tilesets/backgrounds In the SVN and I'd gladly try and sketch it out, but if you guys don't need any more I won't press the matter.

It would help if you said what your idea is~

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Clutch wrote:

Not really planned, we've just had a few key ideas for a while now. We usually start planning them at the start of a world, but yeah, sketch up your ideas.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:22 pm 
Of Questionable Relevance
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
It would help if you said what your idea is~

I just didn't want to elaborate in case I either oversold or undersold what I had in mind trying to explain in text. I'll get to work.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:07 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I had an idea for the computer viruses.

Yellow- When it's magikoopa styled attack hits you, your controls reverse.
Blue- When it's on screen, the game "lags" (slow motion everything except the enemy).
Red-... idk... Basic items randomly turn into other things? Then again, the fact that he splits into 2 when jumped on is probably enough.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:02 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh yeah, I meant to run this by you (Guinea) if I had seen you on MSN today, but I didn't so I'll say it here.

This game has plenty of Super Mario elements, but few Wario Land elements. I had an idea for a Wario Land 3 element though. In a few levels we can have these monkey themed statues sitting around (they will usually stick out a bit compared to whats around them). When you beat world 7, instead of getting a switch palace, you activate the statues which summons a monkey like creature called a Mook that will stand in front of it (this is like in Wario land 3 when finding an item activates random objects in levels). When you talk to the mook he will either throw you straight up or to the side to an area you wouldn't be able to reach otherwise. This will mainly be to get to Goldshrooms, but it can also be used for secret exits and what not.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, it's the Wario Land equivalent of Switch Palaces. I like that.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Pretty much. I figured that not only would it be more interesting than your basic switch palace, it would also add a fun new play mechanic.

User page at mfgg.net

[sc]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Yes, we plan on adding a few more in later chapters.

I realize that I'm quoting something from february, but I was wondering how this would work, or what you already have planned.
It would be cool if there were some extra functions for the DSe that are hidden in some of the levels (or you have to revisit old levels and do certain tasks) that aren't necessary to complete the game, but are cool to have. Although I have no idea what they would be...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:30 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Fez wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
Yes, we plan on adding a few more in later chapters.

I realize that I'm quoting something from february, but I was wondering how this would work, or what you already have planned.
It would be cool if there were some extra functions for the DSe that are hidden in some of the levels (or you have to revisit old levels and do certain tasks) that aren't necessary to complete the game, but are cool to have. Although I have no idea what they would be...

Honestly, I'd like to have some bonus apps you can find as well. It would be really cool to have side made Wario Ware styled mini games made by others and have it added to the game. Not sure if that would work though but still.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:16 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
The original plan was to have some gimmick apps that can be purchased in-game for the DSe, though at this point idk how many of those I'm going to make, because we all want to see this game finished sooner or later.
But I think we're about to make good progress.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:10 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
This doesn't have any real importance for anyone aside Guinea, but I'm thinking we should switch the Boss and Miniboss in world 6. The way we had it made sense when the characters were originally split into two teams, but since that isn't happening, swapping the boss orders would make more sense. so, instead of Syrup's Sub > Gooper Blooper, it would be GB > SS.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I sprited a new enemy from SM3DL, Wallop (the fortress looking Thwomp enemy).
(Unlike SM3DL, he doesn't mimic you, but he still blocks you as he generally shows up in low ceiling areas)

My idea for how he would work is that he'd literally be a solid moving platform. I'm thinking we could have it so you can set the distance he walks (like the moving platforms in game), have him stand still, or have him work like a red koopa (turns at ledges).

Oh, and he probably shouldn't hurt the player (unless they get stuck between him and a wall.)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:43 pm 
I have a idea for the characters. :agree: After doing an achievment with a character (kill 200 enemies, beat 40 levels, find 10 attack pieces of a character, etc), after beating the level you finished the task, you go to a screen which says: Congratulations!!! Your character has learnt a new skill!!

Mario = Hammer :D
Attachment:
File comment: Very useful against spiked enemies.
Mario Hammer 4.png
Mario Hammer 4.png [ 6.98 KiB | Viewed 169486 times ]

Luigi = Green Missile
Attachment:
File comment: Without the cape probably.
Cape Luigi Green Missile 3.png
Cape Luigi Green Missile 3.png [ 408 Bytes | Viewed 169486 times ]

Wario = Mega Ground Pound :cool:
Waluigi = Waluigi Spin! :shifty:

Or after beating a world or getting to a certain point could trigger it. ;)

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 161 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked