Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 161 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [at]
 Post subject: Idea Pool
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:27 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Like it says on the tin:

You have a good idea for the Midas project you want to share and think fits in the game? Post it ITT.
This topic basically collects every idea you have and they might or might not end up in the game. Do not expect confirmation or anything when you post here. What's in the game is in the game, what's not is not.

Keep it clean, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Idea Pool
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:38 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
My idea for a creature.
Blockey (Block+Pokey)

He can't hurt you (unless he pins you between a wall). He's moves in a way where he'll make a stair case, pause for a moment, go back to a totem pole like look, then he'll shift again (this time forming stairs in the opposite way). Not only can he be used as stairs, but you can wall kick off of him, and ride him across spikes and what not. There could also be a Mega Blockey which would be the same thing, but it's body segments, instead of being 1 block size, they would be 4 (so 2x2).

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:33 pm 
Oh! So thats how you add titles!
[*]
Ill Sprite that! But will you use it?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:48 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mason wrote:
Fabulous idea, Chaoxys. I would also like to see the return of the Block Boos from SMW.

Well I've already sprited the block boos so there is a good chance that you will see them. I made them pink as a nod to SMS.

@ OmegaguyZ- Not sure if we'd use them honestly since Guinea hasn't said anything in a while. For all I know the project is over.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:41 pm 
[*]
Crap. Then why do we still have these topics then?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:38 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Mason wrote:
Fabulous idea, Chaoxys. I would also like to see the return of the Block Boos from SMW.

Well I've already sprited the block boos so there is a good chance that you will see them. I made them pink as a nod to SMS.

@ OmegaguyZ- Not sure if we'd use them honestly since Guinea hasn't said anything in a while. For all I know the project is over.

Thanks for your trust Chaoxys -.-
I'm still here, I just don't have time.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:42 pm 
[*]
Guinea wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
Mason wrote:

is the project still going or is it finished?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:12 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
OmegaguyZ wrote:
Guinea wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:

is the project still going or is it finished?

Still going.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:18 am 
I remember a topic on the old MFGG talking about playable characters, but I forget who they were. I saw a Waluigi sprite somewhere else so I'm assuming he and Wario are playable. If so, what do you think about adding a long jump feature for Waluigi? It could make for unique areas only he could access. He could also have thin pipes that only he could enter. Just some ideas. Do with them what you will. :P

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:41 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Tonberry2k wrote:
He could also have thin pipes that only he could enter.

This is pretty much what his special ability is. As for the jumping, that's Luigi's thing, as Luigi jumps high and long.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm 
Haha, ok then. I'll poke around a little more and try to re-familiarize myself.

[br]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 pm 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
There is an thread for ideas for the site?
I have some, asking before doing something which I don't know which will happens, lol

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:29 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
gabrielwoj wrote:
I have some, asking before doing something which I don't know which will happens, lol

Since this thread is in the "Midas Machine" subforum, it only collects ideas related to Midas Machine.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:26 am 
Only ripping sprites/sounds!
[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
gabrielwoj wrote:

Since this thread is in the "Midas Machine" subforum, it only collects ideas related to Midas Machine.

Okay, I already got it

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mkay Guinea, remember the idea you were talking to me about with the updrafts and what not? I had an idea about it.

Now, I tried making some designs for a puffed up Waluigi and I'll be honest, it just doesn't look good. I tried a number of things but it just wouldn't work, so I took it in a different direction. Weight. Instead of the updrafts only affecting Waluigi, they will affect everyon in different ways based on their weight.

Waluigi- Waluigi has the most control. When super thin, he can float high up on updrafts, but when he's normal, he will react in the same manner as Mario or Luigi.

Mario/Luigi- When they hit an updraft, they will have a second of hang time after which they will slowly fall.

Wario- He just falls. The updraft doesn't affect him.

Granted, we don't get the same affect that you wanted originally, but this would still help to make Waluigi more useful without us having to go out of our way to do so.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:48 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Mkay Guinea, remember the idea you were talking to me about with the updrafts and what not? I had an idea about it.

Now, I tried making some designs for a puffed up Waluigi and I'll be honest, it just doesn't look good. I tried a number of things but it just wouldn't work, so I took it in a different direction. Weight. Instead of the updrafts only affecting Waluigi, they will affect everyon in different ways based on their weight.

Waluigi- Waluigi has the most control. When super thin, he can float high up on updrafts, but when he's normal, he will react in the same manner as Mario or Luigi.

Mario/Luigi- When they hit an updraft, they will have a second of hang time after which they will slowly fall.

Wario- He just falls. The updraft doesn't affect him.

Granted, we don't get the same affect that you wanted originally, but this would still help to make Waluigi more useful without us having to go out of our way to do so.

Interesting approach.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 pm 
it's ironic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'd like to see the return of some of the more obscure SML2 enemies, such as the Cowfish or the Cyclops.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Although I like those enemies, you have to keep in mind that we only need so many, and you don't wanna overdo a reference. 1-3 SML2 enemies is cool, much more than that is overkill.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I have some ideas for a later chapter (4 to be exact.)

In the original plan we had it so in the harbor level you would meet the owner of a theater (A friendly shyguy) who would offer you his piece of hand if you take the lead role in his play (I theater version of some SMB levels), During the last act of the play, you meet "Playwrong", a writer shyguy who works for Bowser that fights you.

May idea is to make Playwrong the owner and instead of him being evil, he accepted a loan from Bowser, the only requirement is that Playwrong has to try to defeat Mario and his partners (I like the idea of Bowser doing basic things like loaning money while still being evil). Playwrong will "fight" you after this, although before the fight he will tell you that Bowser is essentially making him, and that he'd rather think of it as the grand finale to the play. One that will please Bowser and draw in more customers.

In the original plan, after you finish the play, the owner hands you the piece, but it's stolen by the world boss, Disguise Guy who when fought in an undecided area would mimic random other creatures (Boo, Bowser, Thwomp, ext).

My new idea follows that. He still takes the piece, but this time he's disguised as a shadow version of the player, and you give chase. You end at the final level of the harbor, the Shroom Stock Inn. This is a different level as you are solving a mystery (like the train chapter in PM:TTYD). I've actually come up with a good chunk of the story line for the mystery. It's not too long and it wouldn't take many, if any new features from the engine.

Anyways, after some chaos where Toadsworth (who's visiting the harbor to check on the Bros. to make sure they are doing allright) is framed as the culprit who stole the piece and other trinkets, the theater owner, Mr. Wrong, bursts in on the scene and points out the real culprit (A shyguy who was "acting" innocent). Wrong points out that he's a terrible actor.

After all that, the fight with Disguise Guy begins. He takes the form of the character you are playing as, but shadowy. He uses the players ability and a second attack that changes depending on the character. (Mario = Hammer, Wario = Ground tremor punch, ext)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 am 
heartbeat, increasing heartbeat
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
What about in a snow level (if we have one...), there are some blocks covered in snow. If you hit them from underneath, the snow flies off.

Yeah, it's mostly a visual effect, but what if when you hit a dormant block covered in snow, you sometimes find a coin or a cherry underneath?

Yes, and I realize this idea is completely stolen from my snow tileset (still in the que), but meh, whatever.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 161 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked