Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next  [ 518 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Engine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:19 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Guinea wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
Sorry for the double post but I had an idea.

Would it be possible to have a variable setting for enemies in ogmo that, if set, would send them to the front most layer when killed, when not set, they go to the farthest back layer (or vice versa. Set is back, default is front).

This would be an incredibly useful feature since it would save us the trouble of having to carefully set enemies around layers. For example, you know how when you can walk through trees, thats done with a combination of front and back layers? It would save me a LOT of time and trouble, and give me more options if I could pick where the killed enemy fell instead of having it pass through different layers.

This isn't needed by chapter 1 or anything, I'm just saying that it would be nice in the future.

No, this wouldn't make sense, since enemies can in theory go from their original position to another one, and this "setting" wouldn't work anymore. The only way to achieve what you want is to check their position dynamically in the game. Which I'll see if there is a way to do that efficiently.

All right. Don't worry about it if it's too much trouble, I just think it would be helpful in the long run so we could use more gimmicks like running inside the trees without having to worry about the enemies going behind tiles.

EDIT- Idk if this would work, but if all else fails, maybe have it so they always fall in the front most layer? I mean it would look odd to have them suddenly appear outside a wall that they were previously behind but it would work for the better in most situations.... idk, I'll leave it to you.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
asdfasfd, Hey Guinea, I found something after you signed off of MSN. I won't tell you what it is, I'll just tell you this. Go the the sunken ship as Luigi. Pick up the Buzzy Beetle shell and talk to Ed Vice while holding the shell.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
asdfasfd, Hey Guinea, I found something after you signed off of MSN. I won't tell you what it is, I'll just tell you this. Go the the sunken ship as Luigi. Pick up the Buzzy Beetle shell and talk to Ed Vice while holding the shell.

L
O
L
Ok... umm yeah uhhhhhh

It's a feature, not a bug!!11

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Kinda like how the character "dances" when you throw an item in the air then catch it?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:02 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, the first episode will launch in version 1.0 tomorrow.
There will obviously be a couple of glitches and bugs, but we hope you can enjoy the game with them enough.
We have let you wait long enough, so I'm sure you won't mind.
For later episodes, the glitches will be ironed out, and there might also be an update coming to the first episode for the most heavy glitches.

That said, for everyone who has access to the Midas repository, you can now play the version "midas_gold.exe" to play the game we will release tomorrow. If nobody finds any game breaking bugs, that is.

Now going to sleep, launching tomorrow, so I hope there's some activity here tomorrow ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Guinea wrote:
So, the first episode will launch in version 1.0 tomorrow.
There will obviously be a couple of glitches and bugs, but we hope you can enjoy the game with them enough.
We have let you wait long enough, so I'm sure you won't mind.
For later episodes, the glitches will be ironed out, and there might also be an update coming to the first episode for the most heavy glitches.

That said, for everyone who has access to the Midas repository, you can now play the version "midas_gold.exe" to play the game we will release tomorrow. If nobody finds any game breaking bugs, that is.

Now going to sleep, launching tomorrow, so I hope there's some activity here tomorrow ;)

Oh yay, I can't wait to play it!
:soveryhappy:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:09 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Not sure if you've taken care of it yet Guinea but don't forget to take out the SP thing since, last I saw, you can play it again and again.

EDIT- Hey Guinea, why is it that sliding into a shell stops it instead of killing it? Just wondering since I thought it used to kill it (this made getting the first shroom in the forest much safer to get.

Also I changed the rainforest song back to what it was before. It just fits better.

EDITx2- I also fixed some issues in the lake.

EDITx3- Can you fix Luigi's ducking sprite? He's supposed to keep his feet in place and his body moves forward by 1 pixel. It's currently the other way around.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:12 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yea, SP is changed back. Also in case you didn't notice, there is now a "first time setup" in case there is no INI file present, which lets you set your keys and screen size before the game starts.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object __newobject478:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

Also the front layer of trees in the forest BG doesn't match up properly. There is a random floating chunk or pixels that is meant to be the tip of a branch if it loops properly, which it should, but it doesn't in game.

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:18 pm 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Okay, I dunno if this is how it's supposed to be, but the way Fire Luigi's fire balls work seems a bit unnatural. Also, the game window's header (or w/e it's called) has the current level's name ("rmW01_03_gorge") instead of the game's title.

EDIT: Oh, and a full-screen option would be nice.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Alex wrote:
Okay, I dunno if this is how it's supposed to be, but the way Fire Luigi's fire balls work seems a bit unnatural. Also, the game window's header (or w/e it's called) has the current level's name ("rmW01_03_gorge") instead of the game's title.

EDIT: Oh, and a full-screen option would be nice.

Have you by chance ever player as Luigi in the SSB series? That should answer your fireball problem.

@ Guinea. Found a glitch, Sharlea can still fllllyyyy.

Also please bring back upslide kills, I miss it. It wasn't cheap since you could jsut jump over the enemy and slide into them, it just made things a little faster.

... odd. It works on my laptop but not my school's computer? huh...

Last edited by Chaoxys on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 pm 
[*]
[*]
Where's the download for the engine?

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

volnado wrote:
Where's the download for the engine?

There isn't a download for the engine, and that's how it's meant to be.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:57 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Alex, if you think Luigi's fireball is strange, wait till you see Waluigis.

User page at mfgg.net

[se]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 pm 
In Donaldismo Veritas
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Heh, I kind of expected Waluigi as a whole to be weird :)

Another thing I realized today is that the game could really use an option for multiple save files - my sister wanted to play this too. While it's possible to manually switch the save files, it isn't a very user-friendly way of doing it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, I had an idea as to how we could fix the pipe issue without making them look ugly. Why not just change the characters walking animation into a duck walking when they interact with the side pipe transportation objects?

EDIT- I was also thinking you could possibly make it so that when you enter the pipe, it lifts the player up a pixel or 2 so that,
1. You don't see their feet through the pipe.
2. It looks more realistic (since you'd have to step up a bit to get in the pipe).

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:49 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Hey Guinea, I had an idea as to how we could fix the pipe issue without making them look ugly. Why not just change the characters walking animation into a duck walking when they interact with the side pipe transportation objects?

EDIT- I was also thinking you could possibly make it so that when you enter the pipe, it lifts the player up a pixel or 2 so that,
1. You don't see their feet through the pipe.
2. It looks more realistic (since you'd have to step up a bit to get in the pipe).

I wanted to suggest this to you but I always forgot for some strange reason, thanks for bringing it up.
Yea, make "duck walk" animations for all characters, especially Waluigi.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:18 pm 
Rex
[*]
I didn't know where to put this, but anyway, I just beat the first chapter of the game, and i went back to collect golden shrooms. i was replaying the rain forest area, and i had collected all of the mushrooms i could, and i soon realized that i had to fight the stupid boss again in order to actually keep the mushrooms. (I killed myself to exit the level and it said i hadn't collected any mushrooms at all).

I was troubled at this because the boss was really difficult for me to beat the first time; I couldn't imagine trying a second. I of course got it over with and fought the boss and he died and i got my shrooms.

Nevertheless, a boss skip feature (after already beating it i might add) might prove useful in the later chapters; I'd say maybe the boss room would just be empty during a revisit or something... and you could simply walk past it.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:06 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I didn't know where to put this, but anyway, I just beat the first chapter of the game, and i went back to collect golden shrooms. i was replaying the rain forest area, and i had collected all of the mushrooms i could, and i soon realized that i had to fight the stupid boss again in order to actually keep the mushrooms. (I killed myself to exit the level and it said i hadn't collected any mushrooms at all).

I was troubled at this because the boss was really difficult for me to beat the first time; I couldn't imagine trying a second. I of course got it over with and fought the boss and he died and i got my shrooms.

Nevertheless, a boss skip feature (after already beating it i might add) might prove useful in the later chapters; I'd say maybe the boss room would just be empty during a revisit or something... and you could simply walk past it.

Yes, something like this was planned (by me) but I couldn't finish it because we wanted to release.
I might add it for the Mainsite release, but most probably it will be there for the 2nd chapter.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Would it be possible to replace bosses with goal stars?

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next  [ 518 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked