Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next  [ 518 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Engine
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:11 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Something I noticed after your update. Not sure how we'd fix it unless maybe we made the bottom half and top half of the trees one image instead of two.

Incase you can't see it, closest part of the BG, the leaves on the tree overlap the lower parts of the tree.

EDIT- This pops up when I try to open ogmo"
Error loading project file:
Object "objView" given nonexistent image:
file:///C:/Users/Hunter/Desktop/Midas%20Machine/SVN%20holder%20folder/Engine/_ogmo/ogmopng/mskCamera.png

EDIT2- Got it working by making a mskCamera.png file. Obviously I won't upload this file, I'm just using it to edit some levels.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:51 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh i forgot to upload the camera sprite for that object. Will do.
As for the backgrounds, how about you put those two on the same depth?

The pairings for depth are as follows:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:24 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, if you get a chance at some point, I think we should get moving solids walls added into the game since I believe they will be useful in world 3. Also, I want to have Wallop (the wall like Thwomp from SM3DL who I have already sprited) in the final level of world 2 (he'd basically be a moving wall. He doesn't mimic you like in SM3DL).

EDIT- So yeah, simply put, he'd be a moving wall with animations.

Also, I'm remaking the quicksand to look more fitting.

EDIT2- Mkay, I've updated the quicksand and added "quicker" sand on the random object sheet. I've also updated the ruins tileset with some basic things for the quicksand. Since it's just a visual thing, theres no need to add them right away (although I do need to see it in action before the NCFC to see if it actually looks good in motion and what not).

EDIT3- Sorry, but with those BG pairings... why is it 3,4 and 4,6? It works really awkwardly on the forest BG because it makes it so two of the back layers stick when they shouldn't. Is it possible to make it 5,6?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:27 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Sorry to double post but I figured my last post was getting a bit cluttered. Anyways, I just found an issue. If you hit left or right while ducking on ice, Mario will move along as though he was walking.

Found another issue. If you touch a warp point while in your hurt animation, you will phase through it, often resulting in you dieing or getting stuck.

EDIT- Well, looks like we may need to keep both version of the ghost house tiles in ogmo after all. Turns out the original works pretty well in certain areas (I would add it to the new one but I don't feel like remaking Freezy Furnace since it's two rooms that have to be identical).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, with the Urchins/Parakoopas, is there a way to pick which direction they go in? They always seem to start by going down/right.

Also, I remade the urchins to fit the style more (the ones used now are from the older style). The file is urchins_new.png. This new version should fit nicely in a 2x2 block.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Found another issue. While Monty Mole in in the ground, about to pop up, he can still hit you. I'm guessing this means he isn't intended to be used on jump through floors. Obviously I can work around this, but if theres a way to make him work with jump through floors, that'd be nice.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^Oh. Yeah he's not intended for jump-through floors. Can't help it, a workaround would make things very complicated, because you want him to be touchable above the surface, but not below and the engine isn't designed for that.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:13 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, I noticed 3 issues with the Urchins.

-When he goes in anther direction, his sprite is flipped which isn't necessary (all it does is flip his shading).
-He seems to be off center (if you place him in a 2 block wide gap, he clips through the wall a bit to the left).
-He can only start by going in one direction. Idk, would it be possible to have him set up like the moving platforms, as in, you set the exact ammount of blocks you want him to move either left/right/up/down? Seeing as how he will most likely be used to patrol narrow areas, precise block movement would probably work for him.

-Seems Cleft (in his rock form) has the same flip issue.

Those few things aside, everything else seems to be working perfectly. Check out the new Mt. Rugged if you want to take a look at both the Clefts and Moles in action.

(Oh, for when you start on that umbrella enemy, maybe add a slight rotate while he drifts down?)

EDIT- Found another issue that I may have reported before. Bloppers sometimes spawn in the ground. This causes them to fall through jumpthrough floors.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^I just noticed the bloppers myself, no idea what causes it, I'll try to figure it out...
As for the rest, I'll do that.

Also, I question your design decision for the starman in the graveyard. There are no enemies that it can kill.
And Wisps have to be placed half a block to the right of where you want their center to be, not left.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:13 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Guinea wrote:
^I just noticed the bloppers myself, no idea what causes it, I'll try to figure it out...
As for the rest, I'll do that.

Also, I question your design decision for the starman in the graveyard. There are no enemies that it can kill.
And Wisps have to be placed half a block to the right of where you want their center to be, not left.

I think it may be that thing you added where enemies locations are reset. I say this because I noticed that it started right after that update.

The starman was there for something else I was testing early on and I never got around to removing it. If the lanturns can be killed with it, I may hide one before the house.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:12 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Nevermind

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:32 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, if you have a minute later, I'm adding two new rooms to Frigid Furnace. I figured the overall level was rather rompy, so I figured I'd add a small room that was more puzzle based to mix it up a bit. It'd be a shame to let such a neat gimmick go to waste.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:39 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, just noticed some issues with the World 2 OW.

The Quicksand level and the Big Cactus level are in the wrong order, they should be reversed. Also, The Dune Bud level's normal exit should lead to the Big Cactus (the secret exit leads to Lakitu).

EDIT- Found a glitch:
I hit the block under him and he stopped moving and his head flipped.

EDIT2- Just rereremade the lakitu level. I've added two new rooms so those need to be linked when you have some time. The 4th room (the one with all the sand) is messed up and I could use a hand with it. there are generators that drop spiney eggs but they don't always drop them. What would really help me is a spiney egg object that I could simply set (as well as a koopa shell object, but thats for something else).

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:30 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
I hit the block under him and he stopped moving and his head flipped.

Lol. What if I tell you it's a .... uhm, easteregg?
Nah, gets a quick fix.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'll be honest, if you could make it so he would still move like nothing happened, I'd be fine with that.

Btw, I need to talk to you on MSN sometime.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Found an issue

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:00 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

"Man, I just have this splitting headache right now..."

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, I just noticed that Mario's Wall Jump uses the old jump noise, so we may want to change that. Also, I think the spring, warp pipe, and jumping on enemy noises could use updating at some point (doesn't have to be for NCFC, just at some point in the future) (Spring mainly needs to not be so loud). (The spring really just needs to not be so loud.)

EDIT
That Big Boo doesn't know where he's going. In case it isn't clear in the image, he was flying away from me (when he covered his face, he'd continue to float away). Even weirder, after a while he started floating back towards me (even when his face was covered) and he then went past me in the opposite direction. It started when he got stuck on a moving platform.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:27 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey Guinea, is it possible to have it so that if you collect a mushroom in a room, leave the room, then return, the mushroom will stay collected instead of respawing? Also, is it possible to make it so a pressed P-Switch no longer counts as a P-Switch (it messes with the generator object.)

Also, jsut noticed that you can't take a key through warp points. Not a majoy issue but it is messing up something I had planned.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'll look into it.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next  [ 518 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked