Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next  [ 325 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [au]
 Post subject: Re: Music and Sound
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:10 am 
Ow, my me! :(
[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh, okay.
I did half-finish a mountain theme not too long ago (not intended for this anyway), sadly however, I don't think it'd fit the mood at all. >_>
Just putting it out there anyways~

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:54 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
See, I could see that working as an awesome castle theme (although maybe with a slight tweak to the buzzing squealy instrument at the start. I could see people complaining about that.)

EDIT- the parts like :20-:26 where it's stretched out.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:47 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Ok, here is the most recent version of the spooky boss song. I added better dynamics, some more instruments in the background, and extended it a little. Hope it's getting better.

Spooky Boss

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:49 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Hey, thats not bad at all, jsut needs to loop and it should be fine.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Hey, thats not bad at all, jsut needs to loop and it should be fine.

It should loop once you put it in game maker. Glad you like it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:24 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, I meant loop in the sense that it sounds smoother and uninterrupted when it goes back to the start.

Also, do you think you could make an alt version with the bells starting sooner? The song is good but rather... dull? Idk what the word is, but it really picks up at the bells, but it takes a while to get to them. Not right at the start though, but maybe 20 seconds into it or something?

I'm also wondering if different instruments could work in this, you know, instruments that carry over the idea of spookyness more? Maybe a piano or... I have no idea really. Just a thought, feel free to try it, or not.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:03 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Well, I meant loop in the sense that it sounds smoother and uninterrupted when it goes back to the start.

Also, do you think you could make an alt version with the bells starting sooner? The song is good but rather... dull? Idk what the word is, but it really picks up at the bells, but it takes a while to get to them. Not right at the start though, but maybe 20 seconds into it or something?

I'm also wondering if different instruments could work in this, you know, instruments that carry over the idea of spookyness more? Maybe a piano or... I have no idea really. Just a thought, feel free to try it, or not.

Ok, I'll see what I can do with it too make it a little more spooky. Also, I might change one of the other parts to the bells, or add a part closer to the begining with the bells (I'm not exactly sure what I'll do yet though).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:14 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, I'd change the instruments first since after that, you may not need the bells anymore as you may replace them or something.

Also, keep in mind that this is still a Mario game so the fights, although spooky, will be a bit fast paced and against somewhat silly looking enemies. I may have already said this, but the Shadow Siren battle theme in PM:TTYD is probably a good example to aim for in terms of over all feel.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:55 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Well, I'd change the instruments first since after that, you may not need the bells anymore as you may replace them or something.

Also, keep in mind that this is still a Mario game so the fights, although spooky, will be a bit fast paced and against somewhat silly looking enemies. I may have already said this, but the Shadow Siren battle theme in PM:TTYD is probably a good example to aim for in terms of over all feel.

I've actually been working off of inspiration from the Doopliss battle theme in PM:TTYD, and you have said that about the Shadow Siren's theme.
And I've always kept in mind that it would be for a Mario game. ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:44 pm 
Ow, my me! :(
[*]
[*]
[*]
A start for the Train Theme After my failed attempt at a desert theme. I really hope no one else has done these
Of course it's the intro because I stink at melodies and want to see if it fits the mood. I was going for a fast-moving train through a desert... sort of.

Oh, and I would've posted an ogg if it wasn't a larger filesize than the MP3 for some reason... Perhaps Audacity could make it smaller...

Also, I might actually use that 'mountains 1 v_2' mp3 for something else on second thought, sorry.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:32 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Haha, I hate to say it but you've done it again. It doesn't have a train feel too it but it sounds like a great start as a basic boss theme.

If you want to try for a train theme, I'd aim specifically for the train feel, not train/desert since there may be more train levels later anyways and they can all use the same theme.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:19 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys, here's an update for the spooky boss song. I didn't change anything yet, but I added a different drum beat in the background, and I think it makes the song sound much better. I think that was the part that was "missing" before. If you still want me to add the bells sooner, I will, but I wanted to see what you thought about it with the drum beat. It also loops smoothly now.

Here it is: Spooky Boss

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:31 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, I think this is the final version. It's pretty much the same as the last one, but I changed a few little things here and there. If it still needs stuff changed, let me know. (Oh, and I named the song)

A Spooky Showdown

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:27 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Sounds pretty good. Of course we still have to see how it works in an actual boss right before we can say if it's really finished, but as of right now it's good. Also, can you please make it loop? Right now you have a nice hiccup between the end and the start.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:32 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Sounds pretty good. Of course we still have to see how it works in an actual boss right before we can say if it's really finished, but as of right now it's good. Also, can you please make it loop? Right now you have a nice hiccup between the end and the start.

Really? I put it in Gane Maker and it looped fine...
I'll check into that when I get the chance.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Here's an early start on the alternate underwater song you asked me to write.

Alternate Underwater

I was wondering what you guys thought of the instruments. Do they sound right or should I change them up a little?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Wow, that sounds great. The only issue I have is that when it goes into and exits dire dire docks, it's a bit... not subtle. It needs a more clean lead it (and in the case of the end of it, a lead out). Great start though.

EDIT- Actually, the end of the DDD part is pretty clean, it's just that the custom part of it... idk, it clashes with the DDD part right before it in terms of overall sounds, I can't explain it though, sorry.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:53 am 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Wow, that sounds great. The only issue I have is that when it goes into and exits dire dire docks, it's a bit... not subtle. It needs a more clean lead it (and in the case of the end of it, a lead out). Great start though.

EDIT- Actually, the end of the DDD part is pretty clean, it's just that the custom part of it... idk, it clashes with the DDD part right before it in terms of overall sounds, I can't explain it though, sorry.

Glad to hear you like it!
And I think I know what your talking about with the clashing part. I just fixed it, but I want to add more before I upload it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 am 
we own the night
[*]
[*]
Oh you guys still need a train theme? I made the beginnings of one a long time ago but never posted because I thought someone else had it covered. If you think it works I'll continue.

http://www.box.net/shared/1dznsizr3mqnd73pz2fl

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:07 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
That sounds great so far. My only concern is that, is it a bit slow paced for a train theme?

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next  [ 325 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked