Forum rules

NOTE: This forum is for discussion of the Midas Machine MFGG Project ONLY.

DO NOT POST if it is not relevant to "Midas Machine."

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 34 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [pr]
 Post subject: Re: FAQ
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:13 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Oh, okay.
Game Maker.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
How do you get to the sewer level that is in the screenshots?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:47 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Look around in the gate area (the one with the guard toad). There is a secret. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:18 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Look around in the gate area (the one with the guard toad). There is a secret. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

Can't find it... :whoops:
Could I have a hint? :biggrin:

EDIT- nevermind
I found it!

Last edited by Superbowser on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 pm 
Of Questionable Relevance
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
VinnyVideo wrote:
At first there were plans to release it in both GM and MMF, however.

That's not quite right.
Before Midas Machine there was another project which was supposed to be a community project, and because we had some Click and some GM programmers the idea was to create two different games which communicate with each other, like e.g. the Zelda Oracle games, or the Pokemon editions. That old project died, especially the MMF part because there were no Click programmers interested.

Midas Machine has been started in its place, but it is not the same thing, and at this point it's not even a community project anymore.

If I recall, a lot of ideas thrown around for that project did either get carried over or influence the direction of this one in some way though, like the Wario Bros being playable and the initial sprite style.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:11 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
The sprite style and the Wario bros was about it, and thats not saying much as the style has been refined over the years and having the Wario bros is a pretty basic concept. There were a few other little things but over all Midas Machine is different.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 pm 
Stay fresh!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Any idea what the release date for the next episode will be? Or do we just have to wait until the game is 100% finished?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Any idea what the release date for the next episode will be? Or do we just have to wait until the game is 100% finished?

Each episode of Midas Machine Forever will be released when it's done. At this rate, I think I should avoid giving schedules or deadlines. However, with the amount of work I have, I think we will cut the amount of episodes, while still having all the planned worlds. My summer holidays start next week, so we could see the release of two more episodes during the next 3 months until NCFC. Optimistically estimated.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:46 pm 
* Incredible nightmare ensues *
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Are there any plans for more power-ups(like Ice Mario, Racoon Mario)?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
There are plans for 2-3 other power-up like items, although they aren't as conventional as Ice mario or anything like that. I'd go into more detail but as of right now nothing is set in stone as to what will show up.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:45 pm 
Lord of the Realm
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Probably the most appropriate place to ask this, but hey/sup. I've been gone from this place for a while and, though I've checked in through your progress/posts, it seems you guys have made some ground in the game yet. I know you're planning something for NFGC (or whatever the heck it's called), but I'm interested in knowing more exactly how far you guys are along with the game. Despite my review for your demo, I still liked the game and hope to see it finished, after all.

Either way, how's it looking for you guys, if I'm allowed to ask. I recall you said you had hoped to be actually finished with the game by NFGC, so I'd hope you're not THAT far off if you're gonna miss that idea.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:30 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Eh, It's hard to say. Graphics are about 85% finished, I can't say about the engine since that Guinea's thing, levels are... idk since we keep changing how many we want. Honestly, theres really no way to say how completed we are, although I can say that we aren't that close to finishing, manly due to irl stuff. Over the last year I finished college and moved into my own place and I'm not working almost daily, and Guinea is busy with his university stuff which obviously comes first. Basically, we are making progress, but with only 2 people, if something slows us down, theres no one else to cover for us. Luckily, Thunder Dragon has been a huge help in getting some levels finished, and Tri, Vinny Video, and TechMario have been a huge help with the music.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 pm 
Lord of the Realm
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Eh, It's hard to say. Graphics are about 85% finished, I can't say about the engine since that Guinea's thing, levels are... idk since we keep changing how many we want. Honestly, theres really no way to say how completed we are, although I can say that we aren't that close to finishing, manly due to irl stuff. Over the last year I finished college and moved into my own place and I'm not working almost daily, and Guinea is busy with his university stuff which obviously comes first. Basically, we are making progress, but with only 2 people, if something slows us down, theres no one else to cover for us. Luckily, Thunder Dragon has been a huge help in getting some levels finished, and Tri, Vinny Video, and TechMario have been a huge help with the music.

Hmm... Indeed, I can relate to the IRL business. As I said on my demo/beta I posted, my interest with my hobbies has died down greatly due to my business with my job. It's a shame it's likely not as far along as anyone would've hoped, but so comes from the nature of more "on-going" projects, I guess. Almost seems like MM is becoming a "community" project again, what with the help of other contributing to it more so. Anything to keep it rolling, I suppose. I know I'd appreciate whatever help I'm given with my own work.

Still, thanks for the reply, and continued luck to you and the others in the project. As I said before, you've all set the bar far higher than I'd ever suggest, so you've got one heck of a task to accomplish in what you have planned. Still, it's possibly well worth the effort in the end for a showcase of your works.

Cheers, and have fun.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:07 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
LordGavin wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:

Hmm... Indeed, I can relate to the IRL business. As I said on my demo/beta I posted, my interest with my hobbies has died down greatly due to my business with my job. It's a shame it's likely not as far along as anyone would've hoped, but so comes from the nature of more "on-going" projects, I guess. Almost seems like MM is becoming a "community" project again, what with the help of other contributing to it more so. Anything to keep it rolling, I suppose. I know I'd appreciate whatever help I'm given with my own work.

Still, thanks for the reply, and continued luck to you and the others in the project. As I said before, you've all set the bar far higher than I'd ever suggest, so you've got one heck of a task to accomplish in what you have planned. Still, it's possibly well worth the effort in the end for a showcase of your works.

Cheers, and have fun.

It doesn't help that whenever Guinea and I chat on MSN, it's usually the both of us going "You know what would be cool?". And thus a new feature is added. To be fair though, a lot of the more recent additions we've added are pretty dang awesome, one of which will be a bit of a game changer (and hopefully shown at NCFC).

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 34 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked