[ 20 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Super Mario great journey, A classic platformer with new sprites
 [fr]
 Post subject: Super Mario great journey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:26 pm 
I don't know what to put here

Story :
Bowser found the pipe where Mario and Luigi came from ! He decided to take over the world with his 7 koopalings and search for the
Atlantid to control and destroy the world ! Uh ... Looks like Mario will save the world again ?
But he's not single ! He's accompanied with his eternal bro Luigi, thier girlfriends Peach and Daisy, thier wacky rivals Wario and Waluigi,
and a bunch of other playable characters like DK, Rosalina, Pauline, Birdo, Yoshi, etc ...
There are 15 (without counting the secret one) playable characters, findable on the 14 places where the koopalings are making trouble !

Gameplay :
Every character (even Mario) has his own capacity :
mario can wall jump
luigi can jump higher
peach can float
daisy can punch
rosalina can spin
on the ground
wario can charge
waluigi can make larger jump (not higher, larger)
yoshi can eat ennemies
toadette can run faster
DK can climb hard ground (like in mini mario & friends amiibo challenge)
pink bob-omb can explode
toadworth can sneak
birdo can shoot
pauline can double jump (but her jump is lower than mario so 2 low jumps = 1 normal jump)
(also notice that other characters than mario can't use the special power ups)

Custom things :
There are custom power ups (14) and common ones (4)
You can travel by flying mario themed train
You have your own friend wich is the owner of the train and he helps you on your adventure : Compy (the compass)

Well, that's all for now ! If you're excited about this project, join this server : https://discord.gg/Bbn4NQ4

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario great journey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:32 pm 
Oh, and here's a free background :

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:34 pm 
[*]
[*]
What's the point in Pauline double jump if it's just a normal jump halved by 2?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

What's the difference between Daisy's punch and Rosalina's spin? If Daisy's punch only hits the enemy in front of her and Rosalina's can hit enemies all around her, then what would be the point in playing as Daisy?
It's important to make sure your characters all have unique abilities that other characters don't have better versions of, otherwise choosing that character would be pointless. There should also probably be some sort of reason behind the abilities the characters have, like Rosalina's spin, DK's climb, Birdo's shoot, etc. Some of them don't really seem to make sense though, like Toadsworth sneaking and Pauline double jumping and Daisy punching.
I'm also a bit confused as to what you mean by Waluigi's larger jump, but perhaps gameplay footage of that would clear things up.
This sounds like it could be a cool project if it's finished. Good luck :D

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 pm 
¿
Good At French
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
By larger, I think he means longer

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 am 
[*]
[*]
I think Rosalina should be able to do that air spin thingy from New Super Mario Bros, instead of a ground spin.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
A Super Mario great journey? So, a...Super Mario odyssey, of sorts?

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:50 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Is there evidence this game is even being developed? Like any more artwork or sprite work or engine stuff?

User page at mfgg.net

[ie]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:39 am 
thanks, neweegee!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Morrad1991 wrote:
Is there evidence this game is even being developed? Like any more artwork or sprite work or engine stuff?

there is, it just isn't on mfgg yet. it's on the discord.
(as usual i've been recruited; not for spriting, but for coding)

my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pu2NplrfCUbTxE_zyHITQ

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:11 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
If I may make a suggestion, you might want to dial back on the playable character count a bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm the kind of guy who appreciates having a ton of different playable characters all with their own playstyle, but making fourteen different characters each with ONE distinguishing feature seems a tad...excessive. A lot of those characters could have more than one of the listed abilities.

For example, Luigi could jump higher, sneak, AND run faster. Donkey Kong could climb, punch, AND have a stronger horizontal jump. Peach could double-jump, "charge" (more like a flying hip-check, like she has in Smash) AND float. Mario could wall jump, use power-ups, AND do a spin attack. If you wanted to fill out the roster a BIT more, there could be some overlap with the different abilities that characters have, but you get the point.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:31 pm 
Well, thanks for all these answers !
Now for the questions :
Pauline's double jump has a different courb than the normal jump, it would be very useful ! Also, you can change the direction of your jump !
Also, rosalina can spin on the ground, that does nothing, but if she spins and then make a jump or run, her jump or speed will be increased
So that also explain the "Daisy can punch"
Also, if you played Mini mario & friends : amiibo challenge, you would know toad's power : he can transform into a normal mushroom and
"sneak"
well i've re-used this capacity

Also, i've come with new graphics ! Check out this !

Arabic kingdom :
Italian kingdom :

Here are the tilesets ! DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dr. Axel on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:15 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I've always wanted to make a game focused around the gameplay of the real world, with Mario in it. This seems interesting.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 am 
I count on the community to support me and give me the courage to continue ! I can't finish it without it

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:29 am 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Dr. Axel wrote:
I count on the community to support me and give me the courage to continue ! I can't finish it without it

Your words inspire me to work on my own game again.

The game itself sounds quite ambitious but fun! Since I feel I aught to give my 2 cents as a "posting fee", I'll say I have to agree with soopakoopa to dial back on the character count, which do not get me wrong either I'm all for it, but you're likely to get more bang for your buck by having a stable handful of characters than a Smash Bros. sized roster. I believe it'll be easier to design levels with a small amount of characters with similar abilities, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:53 pm 
Then belive on yourself and do it ! There's no better things that follow your dreams ! if you want, come on my server and start your project !
I'm sure the community will enjoy it ! Also i'm quite busy with my current project but i can help you !

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:05 pm 
This is official artwork
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
If this takes place in the real world, then why are all the inhabitants toads instead of humans?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:03 pm 
Smooth like Butter
[*]
This game looks quite interesting. Joined the Discord as well. Good luck on the development!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mario's Ghost House Calamity
          Click Here To Watch!

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:44 am 
→Auction Lemon

Well, good question ... Well, i could say that bowser, when he found the pipe, was too fat to enter it so he created a vortex that sucked all the toads, and he captured all the humans for forcing them to work for him is his Atlantido-Bowserium ?

Last edited by Dr. Axel on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:08 pm 
Here we go.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This game looks and sounds rather cool, but yeah, hope there's some gameplay eventually.

User page at mfgg.net

[fr]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:24 pm 
I have important news to the game ! Special power ups will not be in the party ... but some of them will be in the game, as normals power ups (supershroom lifeshroom fire flower ice flower tanuki leaf bunny carrot and cat bell) ! But the special power ups are for Pendenty ! the time coin, the space coin, the weather coin and the season coin ! With all these things, Pendenty will transform into a watch, a compass, a barometer and a thermometer !

*note : Pendenty is the new name for Compy*

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 20 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic