This is official artwork
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This game was going to be on the mainsite, but the admins wanted to play PC police and decided not to publish it due to its crass humor. So I uploaded it to GameJolt. So that way, people can enjoy my little game without Mommy and Daddy's special agents getting in the way. Aside from my small rant, the game was suppose to be made around the anti-LGBT drama, but I am sadly too late. It is about Wario and Waluigi being gay lovers trying to kiss in public without the police finding out. Hope y'all enjoy! ;) http://gamejolt.com/games/warioxwaluigi/270010
TRIGGER WARNING!: This game is a bit crass like I said before.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
 Post subject: Re: Wario and Waluigi Romance game
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:12 pm 
:3c
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Auction Lemon wrote:
play PC police

Auction Lemon wrote:
without Mommy and Daddy's special agents getting in the way.

That's not very nicely said.

My signature is very empty now that I've removed the advertising. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:17 pm 
This is official artwork
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
CatoNator wrote:
Auction Lemon wrote:
play PC police

Auction Lemon wrote:
without Mommy and Daddy's special agents getting in the way.

That's not very nicely said.

I know, sorry about that. I put real love and effort into that game and only to wait a tedious few days, only for it to be denied due to it being "not family-friendly" really ticked me off.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:32 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The game features making out, a public hanging, and has very little gameplay.

If you don't like the rules, advocate for them to be changed. But as for now, they'll say what they've said for a long time:

Quote:
MFGG is to be kept family-safe.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I think you kinda answered your own question in this thread on a big reason why it didn't get accepted

Quote:
This game is a bit crass like I said before.

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:28 am 
[*]
[*]
i'm downloading now
i expect great things

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:30 am 
Am a girl
[*]
[*]
OK this is less anti-lgbt and more MFGG is an all ages site
your game is not all ages
also mfgg has lots of lgbt

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:35 am 
[*]
[*]
just beat it

i'm ****ing impressed

this game is layered with symbolism. a brilliant critique of the MFGG atmosphere, and lgbt oppression in general
i have never seen mario fan gaming used to make such a bold statement

bravo

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The hanging game over screen is a bit much but MFGG undoubtedly has worse "crass humor" than this in its countless joke games and it's even worse that it was declined for said crass humor despite being obvious satire on some MFGG members' anti-lgbt views. Which, last I checked, isn't against the submission rules.

If i recall correctly there are even games on MFGG where you fight/kill Obama and other nonsense like that... but it's been years since I touched anything that looked like it would be a joke game on MFGG, so maybe you have changed the standard after all.

Two fictional dudes kissing in a cutesy artstyle is pretty harmless, either way. It's even more confusing that it was declined for this reason when Vinny Video himself stated that pro-LGBT games are allowed on MFGG: viewtopic.php?p=511494#p511494

I don't find anything depicted in this game too risque and it is otherwise well made, functions like it is supposed to... so what gives?

TLDR version: Ya'll need to reevaluate what it means to be "family friendly" and ensure you are all on the same page because right now it is clear that you are not at all on the same page.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:58 am 
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BOOBERRY!?
[*]
Last I checked, public hangings aren't exactly the most family friendly thing.
Also, a good portion of MFGG considers the two to be brothers. So depending on their views of the Wario Bros, they might see this as incest.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:39 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Depictions of Wario and Waluigi making out (even though I'm pretty sure they're not canonically brothers) is certainly a bit awkward, and there's also some disturbing imagery (a public hanging). The main reason this was declined is there wasn't a lot of real gameplay.

I can tell some effort was put into this, and I hope you keep making games. However, this game has about as much content as a lot of the joke games that are submitted, and a lot of those weren't accepted on the mainsite either.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pedigree wrote:
TLDR version: Ya'll need to reevaluate what it means to be "family friendly" and ensure you are all on the same page because right now it is clear that you are not at all on the same page.

Your tl;dr doesn't match the rest of your post. It is not in any way conclusive that we're "not all on the same page". Your post is also lacking any kind of non-anecdotal evidence that would be necessary for the kind of point you're trying to make.

Plus the point you made about "I thought pro-LGBT stuff was ok" doesn't make sense; a game with a gay Mario is fine, a game where the gameplay is about making out and avoiding being hung publicly and graphically is iffy and the staff decided to decline it.

EDIT: I'm going to make a non-negative point in this thread though: this game definitely is well-made for what it is. It was sorta tedious but ultimately it was kinda fun. Really the only thing it has much going for it is the art though.

And the hanging ending is crass to be certain but I do think it's kinda cool and funny to see that in a game, personally lol. It's just not MFGG-appropriate, at least as far as what that means right now.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:58 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
viewtopic.php?p=514316#p514316 "The main reason this was declined is there wasn't a lot of real gameplay."
viewtopic.php?p=514321#p514321 "It's just not MFGG-appropriate, at least as far as what that means right now."

Clearly you aren't on the same page at all. You don't even agree on why it was declined.

Also I do really find it interesting that there is a hangup on the fact that "Wario and Waluigi are brothers", even though Waluigi isn't even a canon character and exists only in sports and party games. Even Super Mario Wiki lists their relationship as debatable, with conflicting evidence in various games.

You'll be hard-pressed to prove to me that two men "making out" in a cutesy artstyle is too far for a site that hosts pregnant Amy the hedgehog sprites for the sake of history. You may have a point if you were to solely argue that the public hanging was disturbing imagery, but you guys don't have a very clear stance on that.

As for "the game has too little gameplay," there are minigame competition entries that have less gameplay to them than this on the main site. In fact, one of my own minigames has less gameplay than this: https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&pa ... 2&id=26390

Look I understand that you guys are busy and that you were/are down in the number of QC staffers, but I think you rushed judgement on this game and I don't really think it's fair considering how well it is made for what it is. This game, correct me if I am wrong, is made in response to site staff saying LGBT games are allowed and is a parody on the way some MFGGers respond to LGBT content. I think it has a place here for the point that it is trying to make alone, but I understand some of you may have more conservative values than others.

Add content warnings to submissions instead of declining them, in my opinion. After all there's games with blood in them on MFGG that absolutely are not family friendly that could use such content warnings. There's also joke games featuring Hitler and other questionable content too.

This is how I feel about it, take it or leave it. However, don't reply to make statements that I don't have "any non-anecdotal evidence", to try and tell me what I do or do not mean or to somehow turn this into a discussion about me in your next reply. I don't appreciate that nonsense.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:22 pm 
This is official artwork
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
https://phpbb.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?p=514316#p514316 "The main reason this was declined is there wasn't a lot of real gameplay."

What's funny is that is not even what they told me.
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:32 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Alright, that's a good enough reason to say we're (as in all of the staff, not just QC) not on the same page about QC. Though for the record, I'm not QC staff; that was just the impression I got from reading their discussions. Looks like I misspoke, though my reasons aren't really wrong; they were taken into consideration also. So for an outsider who made a somewhat educated guess on why it was declined, I got it a little wrong. That's not the best evidence that we're all not on the same page. Not to mention that the QC staff is a panel of people who have to come to some form of agreement about whether a submission stays or goes; there will be tiny disagreements, like "the content is too much!" vs "eh the content is iffy but I care more about the gameplay". That's not much reason to call us inconsistent; it's the reason there's multiple votes required per submission.

Wario and Waluigi being brothers wasn't a big part of the hangup I don't think. It was mentioned, but it wasn't a dealbreaker or anything. And it was said in the staff chat that they aren't brothers.

For the record, I have yet to see this sprite of Amy pregnant. I'm sure it exists, but for having been brought up more than once, it's never been linked to me. If there really are all these examples of games worse than this one, please show them to us. Plus I still maintain that IMO there's nothing all that child-unfriendly about pregnancy.

If you think the game has enough gameplay, contest the QC on that. The game you linked, however, appears to have a lot more gameplay than this game, if that's your argument. That game definitely has more gameplay to it. The Wario+Waluigi game has a binary control scheme: mouse down, mouse up. While the mouse is down, the love meter fills. Toad will randomly appear, and you'll have to not be making out while he's there. The game you linked not only doesn't have less gameplay, but it certainly has more. It has level design; optional coins, and they aren't just in your way, but there are coins you can go up to get and then right back down. It has a four-button control scheme; move up, move down, move left, move right. You cannot move up or down without being on an arrow of that direction. There is more to it. How can you say there's less to it?

There are a lot of arguments you could make towards getting it back on the site. Most of these aren't solid ones.

EDIT: ninja'd. So there's further evidence that the QC is, *gasp*, a panel of different people with different opinions who deliberate on whether or not a submission is acceptable.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:20 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
...you called me out for not providing evidence that the QC staff is not on the same page in response to me saying that they are not on the same page about what is family friendly or not, so I provide evidence that they aren't on the same page and then you get on my case that of course they won't agree because they're different people with different opinions???

Fair enough that I forgot you aren't on QC staff, but why are you trying to speak for them anyways? /shrug

If staff members are not on the same page about what is considered family friendly, how do you expect the average member to know? Are we just supposed to make gambles and hope our content will be accepted or is there actually a clear guideline on what makes hanging too disturbing for MFGG but not games with gratuitous gun violence and blood? For example: https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&pa ... 2&id=33768

As for the pregnant Amy sprite, it's in the old Klik & Play libraries and I don't have the time to go through each one of them, however I will say that it's more than a little weird that you are okay with hedgehog pregnancy on MFGG... but not homosexual kissing.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:43 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I think that it's somewhat inaccurate to say they're "all not on the same page" when they all agree that the content is at least iffy, and the gameplay is at least borderline on not good enough. Some QC will prioritize some issues over others. That's not being on different pages, if you ask me. For some the content wasn't over the threshold, for others it was; for some the gameplay was too weak, for others that wasn't the primary problem. This is one of the weakest examples of inconsistency among staff opinions, since they all saw all of the issues. Such is the nature of voting panels. Sorry if I was too vague.

I did appear to speak for them, plus I'm staff, so I guess I see your point there, but also /shrug

We should probably get more explicit rules for what is and isn't family friendly. Good point. Super Gangsta Bros is pretty violent; definitely debatably worse than WxW.

Pedigree wrote:
I will say that it's more than a little weird that you are okay with hedgehog pregnancy on MFGG... but not homosexual kissing.

And I will say that it's not weird at all that the act of carrying a child is family-friendly to me

Plus you know that the implication here is that we're against gay kissing. Don't throw that casual remark out there. If there is any substance whatsoever to that, you can elaborate on it and say what you mean. If not, don't say something with the implication that the MFGG staff are discriminating against gay people.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:55 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It is specifically stated in this thread, by you especially, that homosexual kissing as displayed in this game is not family friendly.

I am not going to continue to split hairs with you.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:08 pm 
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BOOBERRY!?
[*]
You're missing the point of his statement. The statement is supposed to explain that regardless of sexuality, making out is generally not the kind of family friendly content MFGG promotes. It's not about the fact that it's homosexual.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pedigree, casually tossing out a remark implying that the MFGG staff is bigoted is a pretty big deal. And your justification is:

Pedigree wrote:
It is specifically stated in this thread, by you especially, that homosexual kissing as displayed in this game is not family friendly.

I am not going to continue to split hairs with you.

Either you'll stop accusing us of being bigots or we're splitting this hair. Yes, the homosexual kissing was one of the things that was iffy about the game. This statement is technically, deceitfully, true.

Was it the kissing? Yeah.

Was it the homosexuality? No.

I don't take this lightly. That's a bad thing to accuse us of, and you know there's no reason to believe that.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 38 posts ]