[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So you mean to tell me you would decline a sprite or game containing graphics of Peach kissing Mario, then?

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
 Post subject: Re: Wario and Waluigi Romance game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:57 pm 
[*]
[*]
when did this
become more beautiful than this?

[ca]
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BOOBERRY!?
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
So you mean to tell me you would decline a sprite or game containing graphics of Peach kissing Mario, then?

I'd assume it depends on the intimacy, mostly. If it was something minor like Peach kissing Mario on the nose (as it's usually depicted in official games), it would likely be fine. It could probably be a bit more intense than that before the line was crossed, but something along the lines of full on making out seems like a real no-no zone.

Last edited by Pufflehugs on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

If it was a game that was about Peach and Mario making out, a public hanging, and had such minimalist gameplay as this, I wouldn't have high hopes for that one either.

Some handy-dandy quotes from the rest of the topic:

HylianDev wrote:
The game features making out, a public hanging, and has very little gameplay.

If you don't like the rules, advocate for them to be changed. But as for now, they'll say what they've said for a long time:

Quote:
MFGG is to be kept family-safe.

UltLuigi wrote:
I think you kinda answered your own question in this thread on a big reason why it didn't get accepted

Quote:
This game is a bit crass like I said before.

Yoshin wrote:
OK this is less anti-lgbt and more MFGG is an all ages site
your game is not all ages
also mfgg has lots of lgbt

Pufflehugs wrote:
Last I checked, public hangings aren't exactly the most family friendly thing.
Also, a good portion of MFGG considers the two to be brothers. So depending on their views of the Wario Bros, they might see this as incest.

VinnyVideo wrote:
Depictions of Wario and Waluigi making out (even though I'm pretty sure they're not canonically brothers) is certainly a bit awkward, and there's also some disturbing imagery (a public hanging). The main reason this was declined is there wasn't a lot of real gameplay.

I can tell some effort was put into this, and I hope you keep making games. However, this game has about as much content as a lot of the joke games that are submitted, and a lot of those weren't accepted on the mainsite either.

Auction Lemon wrote:
Pedigree wrote:
https://phpbb.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?p=514316#p514316 "The main reason this was declined is there wasn't a lot of real gameplay."

What's funny is that is not even what they told me.
Spoiler:

Pufflehugs wrote:
You're missing the point of his statement. The statement is supposed to explain that regardless of sexuality, making out is generally not the kind of family friendly content MFGG promotes. It's not about the fact that it's homosexual.

Nobody sees what you see.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Quote:

I can't post my opinions anywhere (on Discord or MFGG) without HylianDev making an argument about me or making assumptions on what I mean, it would seem.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:06 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pedigree wrote:
Quote:

I can't post my opinions anywhere (on Discord or MFGG) without HylianDev making an argument about me or making assumptions on what I mean, it would seem.

1. What assumptions did I make about what you mean?
2. How did I make the argument about you? The only way I could imagine responding to a huge assumption with 0 evidence like that is by pointing out that nobody else has that same suspicion, so it must not be obvious enough to be worth accusing us of.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:11 pm 
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BOOBERRY!?
[*]
Pedigree wrote:

You haven't exactly been exempt from making assumptions either.
Pedigree wrote:
however I will say that it's more than a little weird that you are okay with hedgehog pregnancy on MFGG... but not homosexual kissing.

Pedigree wrote:
It is specifically stated in this thread, by you especially, that homosexual kissing as displayed in this game is not family friendly.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:33 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I never even accused anyone here of bigotry in the first place, that would be Hylian Dev projecting and trying to make this a personal argument against me. I was merely responding to the fact that Wario and Waluigi kissing isn't family friendly but Peach and Mario kissing might be in certain circumstances. Meanwhile other content that isn't at all family friendly gets through, such as gratuitous gun violence and blood, so obviously there is an issue with how MFGG defines "family friendly". Anything else that Hylian Dev is saying I've said is his own flawed, blatant misinterpretation.

I made plenty of points in this thread and I think it's absolute garbage that a moderator can blatantly ignore them and misrepresent a member to the point that the thread is no longer about the game we were discussing and instead is about dogpiling on the member.

I am defending this game because I feel it is quality, well presented, was created as satire that deals with issues MFGG neglected to address until recently and demonstrates just how ridiculous and inconsistent the implementation of the "family friendly" rule is. I have serious concerns with how the family friendly rule is currently handled if it prevents games like this from being showcased on the main site. If Hylian Dev doesn't wish to address the issues with how this rule is implemented, then there really is nothing more to say to him and I'd be happy to address anyone else at this point.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm 
Oops! All Berries
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Recently-elected QC member here.

The reason given in the message of declining was my own. The themes of being hanged was the biggest reason why I had opted to decline the game. I could see that a decent amount of effort had been put into the game, and that the game did have a message behind it, but maybe one that is a little extreme. I have absolutely no problem with homosexual kissing and I believe personally that the younger audience would be able to handle it fine, as it is becoming more accepted in the present day.

This also happened to be my first game that I had to review after obtaining the role. I did not consider that there may have been past accepted games on the site with some questionable content. I was merely going by the submission rules that had been set in place on the MFGG mainsite. I suppose I should be a little more careful next time, considering that this was not a situation I was familiar with.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm 
This is official artwork
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Langton wrote:
Recently-elected QC member here.

The reason given in the message of declining was my own. The themes of being hanged was the biggest reason why I had opted to decline the game. I could see that a decent amount of effort had been put into the game, and that the game did have a message behind it, but maybe one that is a little extreme. I have absolutely no problem with homosexual kissing and I believe personally that the younger audience would be able to handle it fine, as it is becoming more accepted in the present day.

This also happened to be my first game that I had to review after obtaining the role. I did not consider that there may have been past accepted games on the site with some questionable content. I was merely going by the submission rules that had been set in place on the MFGG mainsite. I suppose I should be a little more careful next time, considering that this was not a situation I was familiar with.

So will you accept my game then?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I understand why you might decline it based on the hanging depiction considering you had no knowledge of other violence allowed onto the site. It's not your fault there is some confusion in that regard. I just hope that someone can make this rule clear so this doesn't happen in the future.

The question in my mind for how to clear up this rule is: why is hanging too dark for MFGG but gun violence and blood is allowed?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I haven't played either game, personally, but why was something like Red Scare accepted but not this?

(This isn't really a question for Langton)

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:23 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I am not speaking for the rest of the staff here, but I'd say one factor as to why Red Scare got accepted is due to one reason: time.

Red Scare came out almost 6 years ago, long before I even registered an account anywhere here. Standards back then and standards now are...a bit different, to put it in layman's terms. Quite frankly, if a game like Red Scare were to show up in the queue today, I would probably lean towards giving it a downvote.

...actually, could anyone point me towards any games that came out within the last year that had guns/blood in them? I may be wrong, but I don't think we've accepted one of those in ages.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Cruise Elroy wrote:
could anyone point me towards any games that came out within the last year that had guns/blood in them? I may be wrong, but I don't think we've accepted one of those in ages.

there's this

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:36 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Kirby's Adventure wrote:

Huh, I actually didn't know about this one. I think that's when I was unable to go through the queue, so I can't really say much about it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:47 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pedigree wrote:
I never even accused anyone here of bigotry in the first place, that would be Hylian Dev projecting and trying to make this a personal argument against me.

:think:

Pedigree wrote:
I will say that it's more than a little weird that you are okay with hedgehog pregnancy on MFGG... but not homosexual kissing.

Pedigree wrote:
It is specifically stated in this thread, by you especially, that homosexual kissing as displayed in this game is not family friendly.

I am not going to continue to split hairs with you.

Pedigree wrote:

Accusing us of declining the game because it's gay is accusing us of bigotry in my book. Also how can it be projecting? Am I accusing somebody else of bigotry?

How come the first time I told you to stop accusing us of bigotry, you argued back with "You specifically said gay kissing is why it was declined, I'm not splitting hairs with you"? How come the second time I told you to stop you replied with "oh so if it was mario and peach you'd accept it?" How come you didn't make yourself more clear and say "oh no I'm not implying that it was declined for anything to do with homosexuality" if that isn't what you meant?

Pedigree wrote:
I made plenty of points in this thread and I think it's absolute garbage that a moderator can blatantly ignore them and misrepresent a member to the point that the thread is no longer about the game we were discussing and instead is about dogpiling on the member.

I have addressed every single point you've made. If you would, please quote the points I did not address. I am completely confident that you will have absolutely nothing to quote. I've even agreed with you at times, and said you had a good point. There have also been times where I showed that your points werre not very good at all, and you just stopped talking about them, I assume because you agreed with me. So, what you said here is not only objectively, empirically not true, but you more than anyone else here should know that it.

"Dogpiling" implies several people replying to what you're saying at once. You've had a maximum of two people quoting you and disagreeing with you. Not that it matters; it's completely fair to have more than one person challenging your ideas.

Pedigree wrote:
I am defending this game because I feel it is quality, well presented, was created as satire that deals with issues MFGG neglected to address until recently and demonstrates just how ridiculous and inconsistent the implementation of the "family friendly" rule is. I have serious concerns with how the family friendly rule is currently handled if it prevents games like this from being showcased on the main site. If Hylian Dev doesn't wish to address the issues with how this rule is implemented, then there really is nothing more to say to him and I'd be happy to address anyone else at this point.

I actually addressed the family-friendly thing, at least a little. But the discussion moved on when you replied to the homosexuality thing rather than me saying this:

HylianDev wrote:
We should probably get more explicit rules for what is and isn't family friendly. Good point. Super Gangsta Bros is pretty violent; definitely debatably worse than WxW.

You're actively responding to the other things we're talking about, though, so it's kind of unfair to say "HylianDev isn't talking about the family-friendly thing so I'm not going to talk to him". It takes two to have a discussion.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
How about we stop pretending the 12 year olds on this site aren't already undressing Princess Peach on newgrounds, and just let anyone who still wants to make fangames be welcomed with open arms

A NSFW tag on the mainsite would solve this entire problem imo

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:26 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
If there's an NSFW tag on the Mainsite, we should probably have one for games in Development Showcase too.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 38 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic