Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 36 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Mega Man Maker, Make and share your own Mega Man levels!
 [nl]
 Post subject: Mega Man Maker
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:50 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]

Jump, shoot, create! Mega Man Maker is a fan game all about creating your own Mega Man levels and sharing them with the world! Alternatively, play one of many levels created by other users, from full-length Robot Master stages to unique puzzle levels. There's content for everyone to enjoy!

The game has been in development since September 2016. It features several assets from Mega Man 1 through 6, as well as custom or modified ones. All of these can be used to create any type of level you want thanks to the user-friendly stage builder, after which you can use the in-game online feature to upload your level and share it with everyone! Of course, you can also play levels uploaded by other users with ease.

Please visit our official website for more info!

Trailers
Version 1.1 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a2sSJoNUi0
Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpCarkGGoxI

Screenshots
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Download
https://megamanmaker.com/

The team
WreckingPrograms: Project management, programming, sprites, design
CosmicGem: Music, sound effects
Gaem: Sprites, artwork
RRThiel: Music
Sapphire Sunsets: Music
Alex: Server/database programming
Mors: Website programming
Shinryu: Trailers
littlelamp100: Music
numbers: Penetration testing and netcode
Sodacoma: Sprites
Dullagamur: Server/database programming

If you're interested in the game, feel free to join the official forums or the official Discord server. We'd love to hear from you!

Last edited by WreckingPrograms on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Mega Maker
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:39 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This looks pretty rad!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:57 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Cool stuff! May I ask the name of those new powerups?

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:08 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
Cool stuff! May I ask the name of those new powerups?

The weapons are inspired by the Super Smash Bros. series and are called Shine and Nado.

Last edited by WreckingPrograms on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:52 pm 
[*]
This looks really neat! I'll be happy to dig in to this in a week.

However, did you check with Capcom to make sure that they're ok with this (especially due to the server patreon, which, even though it isn't, may be construed as using MM to make money)? I emailed Capcom and they said that they couldn't give licenses. They then directed me to the Capcom social media, where I'm awaiting a response on if they will hand oit DMCAs or not. In the meantime, you may want to make sure such a promising game is in the clear with them and they won't DMCA it (I mean likr a yes or no answer, not just betting on it). Thanks and cheers!

[nl]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:01 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
P-Star7 wrote:

However, did you check with Capcom to make sure that they're ok with this (especially due to the server patreon, which, even though it isn't, may be construed as using MM to make money)? I emailed Capcom and they said that they couldn't give licenses. They then directed me to the Capcom social media, where I'm awaiting a response on if they will hand oit DMCAs or not. In the meantime, you may want to make sure such a promising game is in the clear with them and they won't DMCA it (I mean likr a yes or no answer, not just betting on it). Thanks and cheers!

...Did you really contact Capcom directly about this game? I would really appreciate it if you could at least ask me before doing that :/

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:08 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
P-Star7 wrote:

You're not helping. You're really not helping. The last thing this game needs is attention from Capcom and the last thing you should've done was contacting them directly.

Why don't you understand that fangame makers know about the risks of making fangames. We know. And you should also know that e-mailing Capcom (or Nintendo like how you did that before) wouldn't solve anything. They simply wouldn't give their licenses to someone who randomly e-mails them.

I know you had good intentions, but you should've at least asked someone before doing this.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:11 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
P-Star7, it is absolutely not your place to engage Capcom in WreckingPrograms' place and it is certainly not your place to act as if you are Capcom's legal representative. You need to mind your own business, to be quite honest. Capcom is a big boy and can take care of themselves, just as WreckingProgram is more than capable of communicating with Capcom on his own.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:45 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
P-Star7 wrote:
I emailed Capcom and they said that they couldn't give licenses. They then directed me to the Capcom social media, where I'm awaiting a response on if they will hand oit DMCAs or not. In the meantime, you may want to make sure such a promising game is in the clear with them and they won't DMCA it (I mean likr a yes or no answer, not just betting on it). Thanks and cheers!

Are you ******, or just malicious? I have a very hard time believing you did this with WreckingGoomba's best intentions in mind.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 pm 
it's ironic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
P-Star7 wrote:

Not to echo the sentiments of others here (which means I'm absolutely echoing the sentiments of others) but I truly, genuinely, sincerely hope that everything you just typed is either a joke or bait. If it's a bait it sure works and would without a doubt, if it's a joke it's in very poor taste, especially since now more than ever is copyright junk completely demolishing the lengths at which fans can create content based on existing properties.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:56 pm 
[*]
Oh no, sorry everybody. I didn't do that. I didn't even know about the game. I just emailed them about fanganes in general. That's why I said he should contact Capcom, because I hadn't done so for him.

[nl]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:00 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
P-Star7 wrote:
Oh no, sorry everybody. I didn't do that. I didn't even know about the game. I just emailed them about fanganes in general. That's why I said he should contact Capcom, because I hadn't done so for him.

Whew, you really got me worried. Thanks for not taking those measures.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:16 pm 
[*]
WreckingPrograms wrote:
P-Star7 wrote:

Whew, you really got me worried. Thanks for not taking those measures.

Yeah, sorry for scaring you. Though are you still going to hide this game? I know that no one has a good reason to trust me, but several chapters of my life have taught me that hanging out in a place where "don't ask don't tell" is in effect does not work for me. The reason I try to get permission for fangames and all is that I don't ever want to be made to feel like a maverick or criminal again. I already tried a project like this, so I would be perfectly happy to help you with art if you contact Capcom and they put the kibosh on your game.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:31 am 
[*]
This game looks really, really professionally done. There's so much content and the variety in stages is great. Congratulations to the whole team for the release!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:40 am 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I have put hours upon hours into Mega Man Powered Up. This looks incredible.

Are there any plans to backport the assets into your Mega Engine?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:56 pm 
[*]
Also, what do you think about making it open-source (or at least part of it)? I know Ting_Thing did this for Mario Builder so that people could add new enemies and items by themselves and he could add them to the main branch. After the game is released people are sure to have many suggestions for things to add so this could take a load off of you.

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:59 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
P-Star7 wrote:
Also, what do you think about making it open-source (or at least part of it)? I know Ting_Thing did this for Mario Builder so that people could add new enemies and items by themselves and he could add them to the main branch. After the game is released people are sure to have many suggestions for things to add so this could take a load off of you.
Mega Engine is already open source. Making Mega Maker open source would be pointless, considering then the open source version wouldn't have online, which is the main point of Mega Maker.
However, the source would be kiiinda useful for those who want to learn how to make level editors in GM, and stuff like that. It's still up to Wrecking tho.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:03 pm 
[*]
Mors wrote:
P-Star7 wrote:
Mega Engine is already open source. Making Mega Maker open source would be pointless, considering then the open source version wouldn't have online, which is the main point of Mega Maker.
However, the source would be kiiinda useful for those who want to learn how to make level editors in GM, and stuff like that. It's still up to Wrecking tho.

That's why I said it could only be part open source, only enough to program objects. If Mega Engine and Mega Maker are compatible with regards to objects, it would be fine to make an object in ME and then the devs could import it to MM.

[nl]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:15 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I'll consider it. The code definitely isn't written with it being open-source in mind, though, and I'd also like to add more content myself (rather than letting the community do everything) which may get in the way of it being open-source.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 pm 
[*]
WreckingPrograms wrote:
I'll consider it. The code definitely isn't written with it being open-source in mind, though, and I'd also like to add more content myself (rather than letting the community do everything) which may get in the way of it being open-source.

Okay, if you feel up to it! Although having code that only you know to read is a pretty big liability no matter what project you ar3 doing, just to warn you.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 36 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic