[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Two years ago, when I was looking for a concept for a new indie game, I came across a franchise some of you may have heard of, called Mega Man. I quickly grew to love the series and decided to combine its gameplay style with an old gimmick idea I had, which is environment switching, but without changing the level layout and instead granting the player new powers and making certain gimmicks/enemies act differently. Now, I am finally able to share this project called Environ with the world!

However, around a month ago, I decided to leave the indie scene and concentrate fully on fangames. I made this decision because developing an indie game involves a lot of different aspects, such as programming, graphics and design, but also marketing, budgeting and networking. While I enjoyed a lot of game development-related aspects, I wasn't fond of marketing and similar aspects.

I didn't want nearly two years of work to go to complete waste, though, which is why I am posting this thread. After a few hours of messing around in the engine, I was able to create a working demo. While it's not nearly completed, it is definitely playable and should give you an idea of what the game was going to look like.
The demo includes one completed level, one half-completed level and five different environments. Some features like bosses, most sound effects and certain backgrounds are missing, so you will most likely find some oddities here and there. The gameplay itself is fully implemented though.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Controls:
Spoiler:

Additional notes:
  • The cracked blocks can be broken by the Ice environment's charged attack and the metal crates can be moved by the Forest environment's normal attack (Both of these were supposed to be introduced in the introduction stage, but since that stage isn't in this demo, I'm mentioning it here)
  • When you come across a section you can't seem to pass (indicated by the player shaking when attempting to move to the next section), it means you're at the end of the level

Download:
http://bit.ly/2eKYcWW

Credits:
Me - programming, graphics, design
Howarddopamine - music
MentalSanityOff, tc630 - footstep and fireball SFX respectively

Any feedback is appreciated despite the game being cancelled, as I could definitely use it for future (fan)game projects!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 1 post ]  Reply to topicPost new topic