There's no time, hurry up
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The year is 2021. Everyone is living a normal life, mostly. The exception is that wormholes seem to be appearing all over the world, and that many women have gone missing at an abnormal rate. Everything else seems normal... until you wake up from a dream about your life choices.

TIME DUDES
So much to do, so little time...

Time Dudes is a RPG I have been working on for a few months now. The game draws from many inspirations such as Yo-Kai Watch, Earthbound, Megaman Battle Network/ Megaman Star Force, Jojo, and Kingdom Hearts.

ImageImage
The game is going to have 10 chapters, all coming from hand-drawn comic style concept art.

ImageImage
You play as Jake, who used to be a regular guy until he woke up from a dream, with the Time Watch. It looks and acts like a regular watch, but beware!

This is no ordinary watch! The Time Watch is a manifestation of Jake's desire to have more time in his life. With the watch, he can freeze time for up to 9 seconds until having to wait 5 minutes to be able to time stop again. This isn't limited to just battles, either, so expect anything!

ImageImage
The Time Watch is also Jake's primary way of attacking; it allows him to shoot Time Lasers, weak but quick and able to do the job. Jake also has other abilities to use in battle as well, such as magic, summoning, or doing something basic like tossing a match.

Along the way, Jake's friends will join him on his quest to get to the bottom of the mysterious wormholes, disappearing women, who the Chemical Brothers are, why there are evil military fish from Korea, but most of all...

WHO IS THEIR LEADER?!

And other important questions like this one:
This game will likely be done in 2-3 years, if I am efficient enough in drawing out the comics. I've begun work on chapter 3, already a quarter-way done with chapter 4. I'd prefer to do them out-of-order instead of in-order because that lets me work on them as ideas come to mind.

I'll be updating this as I get more work done on the game. Feedback always appreciated!~

NOTES:
I don't need to be told that the graphics need work, I already know this.
Yes, there will be a demo, with the first two chapters of the game included. I don't know when I'll have it out, maybe next year.

Last edited by Weegeesquare on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
 Post subject: Re: Time Dudes
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:15 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I say the ideas have a lot of potential. If I understand what's going on this boss battle video, it looks like a little tiny twist on RPG battling. If gameplay is supposed to involve time control, I'm sure you can come up with something way better than just freezing your foes in time.
But, in other notes, you need some serious rework on graphics!

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:03 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
I say the ideas have a lot of potential. If I understand what's going on this boss battle video, it looks like a little tiny twist on RPG battling. If gameplay is supposed to involve time control, I'm sure you can come up with something way better than just freezing your foes in time.

Time Stop isn't just limited to the battles, probably should add that to the OP. added info on how Time Stop works to the OP.
SuperArthurBros wrote:
But, in other notes, you need some serious rework on graphics!

I swear every one of my games always gets this criticism, do I seriously suck that much at making graphics
The graphics aren't finished. If you look at the overworld screenshot, you can see the house tiles are very under-developed compared to Jake. The boss' hand is also going to get updated, I kinda just slapped it together so I could record footage for the fight :whoops:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:24 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
So, today I bring you new gameplay from a more recent build!

I've also updated the opening post to fit with the most recent concepts for the game.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 am 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Seems cool. I'm working on a comic myself, very different in tone. Keep up the good work.

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:40 am 
Make the battle background different because it hurts to watch

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 6 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic