[ 14 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [br]
 Post subject: (SMW Hack) Super Mario World - Tatanga's Revenge
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:31 pm 
It's a me, Mario!
[*]

Hey, guys! I had canceled New Super Mario World - Koopa Kingdom, start a new hack (again). Don't worry, guys!

A new hack contains No Overworld patch to beat all levels. I practicing more skills with level design. The new abilities of Mario require ASM hack. Sup, yo?

Story:

Mario visit Neotopia Tower with Peach, Oh no! Bowser was kidnapped Peach in the abstract world! You must save Peach! Hurry!

Worlds list:

World 1: Generic Plains
World 2: Lake Midlands
World 3: Crystal Berry
World 4: Bridge Halftop
World 5: Swampy Monochrome
World 6; Blizzard Soulfrost
World 7: Lava Death
World 8: Lunaria Fun
World 9: Abstract Limelight

Screenshots:

ImageImageImage

Userbar:
Want a supporter for my hack? Copy and paste into the signature!

Videos:
Coming soon!

Levels: ???
Exits: ???

Give feedback and comment. I will be posting more screenshots soon.
Have a nice day!

Cheers! <3

Last edited by MarioStar100 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My official channel on YouTube. contains videos, tutorials, unboxings and more!

[us]
 Post subject: Re: (SMW Hack) Super Mario World - The Adventure Comebacks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It seems you keep starting hacks without finishing them. I've noticed that all of them have a lot of worlds. It might be better to create a less ambitious hack - maybe something like 2-4 worlds with 15-20 levels. You'd be more likely to finish it, and if people like it, you could always add more levels in the future.

Also, "Swampy Monochrome" and "Abstract Limelight" are funny world names.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 am 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I want to see you use all the levels you made and just release the hack as-is and see what happens. I want to see you finish one.

I like most of the world names, like Lava Death and Generic Plains because it's so upfront! Though, most of the other names are a little abstract or stretching English just a little... makes some of them sound funny.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 pm 
It's a me, Mario!
[*]
After a long time, my hack isn't dead. I probably add more levels in next weekend.

At once time, a title screen has been updated with the new font called "WhiteYoshiEgg Font", permission to WhiteYoshiEgg in SMW Central.

[gb]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Well it looks nice so far, though you don't give much of an indication what the actual level design is like.

As for the custom font? Yeah, that works well. Might be a bit small though, it's rather difficult to read at a glance.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck with the project!

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:33 pm 
It's a me, Mario!
[*]
Minor update:
After 10+ days since a been long time, I presenting a new hack called “Super Mario World – Tatanga’s Revenge”.

I updated a new font graphics with shadings.

Expect more levels will be soon. Have a nice day.

[us]
 Post subject: Re: (SMW Hack) Super Mario World - Tatanga's Revenge
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:48 pm 
Just that RANDOM GUY!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
You know I wonder if I'll still be alive by the time he finishes a hack. :think: Probably not.

I'm just a random guy named Nick! I like to make games, program, design sprites/art, and play Nintendo games.
Check out my cool fangame: SUPER MARIO Power Star Frenzy! A twist to the collectathon style Mario games. [PRIORITY]
Check out my other fangame: SUPER MARIO Dimension Dilemma! A SSBB Subspace Emissary styled Mario fangame.

Image Image Image Image

Power Star Frenzy Progress Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yakibomb wrote:
I want to see you use all the levels you made and just release the hack as-is and see what happens. I want to see you finish one.
Honestly, I don't get why he doesn't just compile all of the levels he's finished from all of the hacks he's started, maybe do some palette swapping and minor editing to make said levels fit various world archetypes if any are left underrepresented, and ship it out as a finished hack. None of them are really even fundamentally different from each other or the base game in any particular way. He's, for all intents and purposes, cancelling a level pack for a game so that he can work on an extremely similar level pack for the same game.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:35 pm 
It's a me, Mario!
[*]
News: My hack is canceled, but lost all files from my computer. Close this thread!

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Are you serious

I don't think I've ever seen a hack/fangame being cancelled this fast

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:37 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Top 10 anime plot twists

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:08 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
When I'm struggling to find inspiration to work on and complete projects, negativity from others/rubbing my nose in it certainly wouldn't help me any.

For members that complain constantly about the lack of game development recently, you sure don't do a whole lot to encourage people to give it a try at any level. What is the point of kicking someone when they're down like this? If you expect Mario fangames to make a comeback from this decline, you're going to have to be a lot less abrasive and cynical about absolutely everything. After all, fangames exist solely as projects of passion. These are your fellow fans and they should not be treated the same as a professional who sold you a product you're not satisfied with. A reluctance to accept participants of all skill levels will be the downfall of this community, and I urge you to drop it.

Besides all of that, I'm fairly certain each of you have your share of unfinished and abandoned projects.

Fangame development as well as romhacking is a lot of trial and error, after all. I've personally started projects on various premises that didn't work out, and instead of feeling welcome to post about such things here I would worry that I'd be judged instead. Perhaps there could be some advice that would help me to understand why my ideas didn't pan out, but we'd never know because I would feel discouraged to post such things here.

Note: Vinny's post recommending they try less ambitious goals to reach first is constructive and valid feedback feedback. Stuff like "will I be alive by the time you actually finish a hack" is just rudeness for the sake of it.

Last edited by Pedigree on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 am 
Just that RANDOM GUY!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So... how long until another hack pops up?

I'm just a random guy named Nick! I like to make games, program, design sprites/art, and play Nintendo games.
Check out my cool fangame: SUPER MARIO Power Star Frenzy! A twist to the collectathon style Mario games. [PRIORITY]
Check out my other fangame: SUPER MARIO Dimension Dilemma! A SSBB Subspace Emissary styled Mario fangame.

Image Image Image Image

Power Star Frenzy Progress Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:23 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
You would do well to read the post above yours instead of continuing to ridicule another of our members. If we can't understand how unacceptable this behavior is to a community that is supposed to encourage creativity and growth, then perhaps it'd be best to close these doors and just open a subreddit where such nonsense would be expected.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little to make this example but if we continue down this path until you've ran everyone else out, leaving only bitter hecklers, I don't expect that to be a community that represents our legacy very well. How am I supposed to promote a community and reach new members when this is the behavior that would greet them? It doesn't really put our community in the best light and if this is the way people treated each other back in 2002, I probably would never have joined. I certainly wouldn't join now if the past fifteen years had been erased and I had no history with the community.

I hope this unchecked aggression and elitism ends with phpBB and the Taloncrossing main site. We absolutely cannot have it going forward into MFGG3.

To give you a comparison in the hopes that it will reveal how ridiculous this behavior is, even SFGHQ doesn't have this much aggression or elitism. Yet, they have people who work for SEGA and in the gaming industry. Instead of becoming an exclusive club for the elite, they do more to document their methods and help each other make cool stuff. They are more welcoming and helpful than we currently are. There was a time when the reverse was true.

We need to do better than this or MFGG will die with every other internet forum out there. We need to be an inclusive, more helpful community so that we actually have something to offer when we are promoting ourselves. Our legacy will only take us so far before we become the next Shy Guy Kingdom or Metroid: Fan Mission. Remember, even the boosts with new official Mario games are only temporary at best.

I hope you take my words seriously and consider them going forward.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 14 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic