[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
This is stellar! That greninja demo is especially fluid and nice. I could quite easily work with this as a base. Will you continue to work on this, say adding things like Warp Pipes or other typically Mario-like things?

I assume adding other things like breakable blocks and whatnot wouldn't be too difficult.

I do plan to develop some more examples in the future, since the main goal was to nail down the essentials. I actually tried applying this to my old 2003 canned fangame Super Mario X and it worked surprisingly well, so getting a Mario example shouldn't be too difficult (hopefully).

Just gotta get off my butt and do it. :P Glad you like it so far!

RPM - Rage's Platform Movement for CTF2.5

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Generic Platform Engine for Fusion 2.5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:05 pm 
Really nice so far Rage. I'm really new to Fusion myself, so looking at this was really interesting. I didn't look to copy anything, I was more just interested in how things were done. Even though I have an engine I'm working on right now as my first Fusion project, I think I could learn a lot from this. Keep up the good work!

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I'd like to see functionality for a few things added, like swimming or picking up veggies. I'm sure it's probably possible if I mess around with the code, but it's a lot to grasp.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:44 am 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
I'd like to see functionality for a few things added, like swimming or picking up veggies. I'm sure it's probably possible if I mess around with the code, but it's a lot to grasp.

Off the top of my head what you could do is when the mask overlaps water you can alter the YMax and Weight values to make the mask floatier. You can use the Fire 1 string (using the HoldFire1 value to limit the window) in the Player Input Object to subtract from YSpeed to "swim". When the mask is out of the water you can reload your original values with the Player Attributes Object.

Veggies I suspect you can work independently from the mask, just make a timer to keep the mask in place (Set Xpeed to 0) while lifting. Though I suppose if you make the Veggie a Solid it could potentially interfere with overlap. :P

I'll look into it whenever I get back.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:09 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Rage wrote:
Kritter wrote:

Off the top of my head what you could do is when the mask overlaps water you can alter the YMax and Weight values to make the mask floatier. You can use the Fire 1 string (using the HoldFire1 value to limit the window) in the Player Input Object to subtract from YSpeed to "swim". When the mask is out of the water you can reload your original values with the Player Attributes Object.

Veggies I suspect you can work independently from the mask, just make a timer to keep the mask in place (Set Xpeed to 0) while lifting. Though I suppose if you make the Veggie a Solid it could potentially interfere with overlap. :P

I'll look into it whenever I get back.

Yeah I admit I haven't had a good play around with it but I've already had a go at changing some physics and whatnot around just to see how it'd alter the jump heights and speeds etc, so I can see how that would work.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:10 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Updated the engine a bit:

-Added the option Aerial Momentum to the mask. When activated, the mask will keep its forward momentum even when you don't hold foward.

This actually was already present in the Yoshi's Island test, but it was hard-coded and I forgot to transfer lol :V

-Added Water to the Greninja Gaiden example, which includes two modes:

Sink To Bottom: The mask will fall down to the bottom of the water, and you use the Jump button to go up
Float To Surface: The mask will float up to the surface automatically, and you hold Down to submerge.

The water object is Behavior-Based so you should be fine plopping it into another part of the engine.

-Cleaned up a couple of events. Yay.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: RAGE Platform Engine for Fusion 2.5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:02 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
So i definitely didn't forget about this. I just kinda...not worked on it for a few months. :biggrin:

But I updated the first post with a more up-to-date version (check the Changelog) of the engine, and added a few somewhat glitchy things to the Yoshi's Island example. I suppose if I didn't break it too much I could start focusing on replicating more platformer-type things (like the YI thing) just to see how far it can go. :V

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:10 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Great to see you're still working on it from time to time!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:11 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I try to work on it whenever I get the time. Working two jobs kinda eats up time, in addition to balancing other junk like art and what not. :V

Speaking of work on it I added a few *more things:

Spoiler:

Check the main post fer downloads and such.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:04 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
so we're going places with this thing
(he keeps that face for nearly every animation)

im so behind on fusion i didnt even know you could dick around with the pitch of sound effects either

i still need to add enemies

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: RPM - Rage's Platform Movement
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:57 am 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
So hey, I figured I should post in this topic again to tell you that this was more or less completed, and was re-branded as RPM - Rage's Platform Movement. Much has changed since I last posted it here, but I streamlined a lot of old features while adding a whole slew of other stuff and fixes (including just recently basic 2-Player support) The old demos are still available for download, as well as the movement source for character assets as well (yes, that includes the elusive Yoshi's Island movement everyone liked!). Characters are all behavior-based, so they'll work on any frame that has the RPM source file. You can share your own characters and widgets this way if you wanted to do all of that stuff.

The catch is now you have to pay me money for the movement source itself. :thumbsup: It comes with a super basic template that uses my own character as an example, though you can add the characters from the other download to learn how to do some other fancy tricks with the engine itself. It seems to have gotten a fairly strong reception in some Click circles, so it looks like I did something right :D

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
How much would I have to pay you to develop a moveset for me? :P

Completely serious question actually. I'm sure I could work it out myself, but I'm lazy/have no time and I'd rather just tell you what kind of movement I want and pay you to do it for me XD

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:42 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
to be perfectly honest im not even sure how much :X i suppose it could depend on the complexity but i haven't considered how it could work out.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:55 am 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Little update. I've decided I wanted to expand on that Shantae example a bit more, and I'm working on recreating at least a portion of the "Saliva Island" level from Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. This also serves as a test on how well RPM can handle exporting to HTML5 on a wider range of computers/browsers, rather than just my own. :thumbsup:

Not a whole lot too it, just three different areas to walk around in. This example is also using functionality from a new widget for RPM , which controls the boundaries on where the camera can move around. Essentially it allows you to create multiple "rooms" within the same frame. It just needs to know how big and where the origin of each room is. I'll likely need to make some further adjustments to the camera system before I add it to the next RPM update. :biggrin:

https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-shantae-test

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:35 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Just keeps getting better and better! The camera boundary thing seems to work really well, I can see lots of uses for that. Do you think you could implement a door system? Like go in a door, screen fades to black and character gets teleported to an "off the screen" area on the same frame that acts as a house interior etc.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:06 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
The way it works now is pretty similar to that, only it's just off-screen rather than through a door. :P A flag gets triggered that starts a fade out, and during the delay a ForEach loop is ran to cycle through rooms to find the selected one. Once that happens the mask and Room Camera get relocated while the screen is still black. I suppose with a door you'd just need to create a trigger once some sort of animation is done playing, then update the values as such.

I've updated RPM on itch.io to include this feature, so you can check it out here :biggrin: : https://ragem.itch.io/rpm-rages-platfor ... eam-fusion

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:56 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Got a couple of new developments since the last update. I've now added basic 8-Direction movement and some extra features to the Metronome widget to detect sub-beats! (Thanks for the suggesion Kritter :])

I've also released a LITE version of RPM, which includes a few of the features from the full version like the animation system and most of the essential mask functions. Of course you'll need to cough up money if you want to dive deeper into RPM, but this should at least give you a somewhat basic idea on how RPM can work hands-on. :thumbsup:

It's currently available on my Itch.io page, and will soon be added to the ClickStore and MFGG itself!

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:27 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
How do I test the 8 direction movement?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 pm 
Rebirth of Slick
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Activate "Enable 8Dir" in the Player Attributes Widget. There's still a few kinks that need to be worked out with it but I wanted to get the main ground work in. You can switch between 8-Direction and Side-Scrolling during gameplay if that's a thing you want to do as well. :D

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:51 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Basic but neat! Could work as a good foundation for a beat-em-up. Now if you can get isometric platforming working, then that'd be something else!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 41 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic