Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 281 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
SUPER MARIO Power Star Frenzy, New 2017 Demo released! Studio Port WIP.
 [fr]
 Post subject: Re: [WIP] SUPER MARIO Power Star Frenzy
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:38 am 
Dart. Still a basic FC. For now.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It really depends how you manage to make it relevant to the gameplay. Is the day/Night cycle going to be like in CastleVania 2, AKA with enemies change/harder stuff during the night? Like, Boos attacking you or something?
I think it would be neat, but I'm especially wondering how useful it would be for the game. Food for thought!

Last edited by Tortwag on Wed May 25, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:11 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Basically what Tortwag said. I don't think it would make much sense to have it there for no reason, but if it would have an impact on gameplay, then I think it would be very interesting to see :D

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:44 am 
What a mania-tastic time
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
If you are gonna add that feature, I think maybe a Wario Land 3 day/night cycle feature(for the overworld map whenever you finish and leave a level) would be more accurate and to give your game a nice touch but only if you want to add it ;) If you did add the Castlevania 2 day/night cycle one in the levels, it could give the players a more challenging experience similar to Castlevania 2. I would like to see it too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I just want to point out that you are heading on a slippery slope here. Making progress is great, but if every time you make progress and you come up with a new significant idea, then you are just going to go nowhere, and you're not going to have a cohesive product in the end. You're just one person, and you're turning this game into something that needs a team. You'll just burn yourself at that rate.

I strongly recommend taking a moment and get all your ideas out now. Figure out what works and what significantly improves the game, and what's just fluff. Plan things out what you want from start to end, and then just gradually work to get that together.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:45 am 
Jammin' with Luigi and Tails
[*]
[*]
[*]
A Day/Night cycle is most definitely not required for a platformer game - unless it'll have a significant impact on the gameplay. However, it would require massive re-tweaking and time loss that nobody really needs.

It seems like you're doing a lot more tweaking than making new content though - and while tweaking is fine, I'd like to see some more progress on your game.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:17 pm 
[*]
[*]
A Day/Night cycle would be a nice idea. I say go for it!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:50 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Actually, adding to what I said before, I do think, as CouchTomato pointed out, there is a point where you gotta stop adding "fluff" and just finish the game. Besides, too much fluff can end up being distracting.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:34 pm 
[*]
[*]
Are you people so impatient about this?!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:36 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MarioBrosFan2010 wrote:
Are you people so impatient about this?!

It's not about impatience. It's just that adding so much unnecessary stuff to a game can just make it distracting. Additionally, it can tire out the creator before they finish what is actually necessary for the game to feel completed.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:01 pm 
Just that RANDOM GUY!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I understand your concerns people. I get you think adding all these little things will slow down development DRAMATICALLY.
But that's not the case, when I make my games I go for quality and playability as a number one priority.
So doing something like this wouldn't actually take very long it would be really easy honestly.

Right now priority on this is updating Mario's physics and finishing the levels.

But at some points you guys are right because when I was planning to release this back in August, it was going to just a be the main story mode.
With only about 50 stars now that number has doubled, and now there are so many extra modes and I can't go back on it since I'm already halfway done.
Considering I also have Minigames to work on, online play and multiplayer.
All which are actually almost done. Multiplayer is working amazingly! Online play is also working just with a few graphical glitches. Minigames are also almost done.
But all of those features are things I came up with afterwards that have still not been fully completed. So I'm adding lots of extra work... :/

But even so honestly I'd say PSF's overall COMPLETION would be around 71%

Last edited by Random.NICK on Sat May 28, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm just a random guy named Nick! I like to make games, program, design sprites/art, and play Nintendo games.
Check out my cool fangame: SUPER MARIO Power Star Frenzy! A twist to the collectathon style Mario games. [PRIORITY]
Check out my other fangame: SUPER MARIO Dimension Dilemma! A SSBB Subspace Emissary styled Mario fangame.

Image Image Image Image

Power Star Frenzy Progress Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 8:51 pm 
[*]
[*]
How does online work actually?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:37 pm 
Just that RANDOM GUY!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hello everyone! Today I bring a video of a trailer about Power Star Frenzy's Multiplayer Battle Mode!
Check it out! Let me know what you think!

I'm just a random guy named Nick! I like to make games, program, design sprites/art, and play Nintendo games.
Check out my cool fangame: SUPER MARIO Power Star Frenzy! A twist to the collectathon style Mario games. [PRIORITY]
Check out my other fangame: SUPER MARIO Dimension Dilemma! A SSBB Subspace Emissary styled Mario fangame.

Image Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:43 pm 
[*]
[*]
oh man...this game is looking so awesome. i can't wait :D

i was planning to review the latest demo of the game but... seeing how the game is almost finished, i think i'll wait. :laugh:

EDIT: by the way, are you gonna change most of the sounds yet? they're way too overused, can we have a breath of fresh air finally?

EDIT 2: i also noticed luigi walljumping in the video. does that mean mario is not the only one to wall jump? i hope so :biggrin:

Last edited by TheTwelfthRocket on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:39 pm 
Just that RANDOM GUY!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
A little show off of the new Stormy Cliffside which is now Mystical Cliffside.
It'll mostly consist of little puzzles in the level, and a boss! So this is what one of the sections will look like!

Image Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:46 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Looks great! :D

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:14 am 
What a mania-tastic time
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm really digging the battle mode multiplayer feature added, nice!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:24 am 
Sorry about double-posting. I accidentally quoted somebody else. My true post is below this post.

Last edited by Suckerman7 GM on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 am 
Random.NICK wrote:
A little show off of the new Stormy Cliffside which is now Mystical Cliffside.
It'll mostly consist of little puzzles in the level, and a boss! So this is what one of the sections will look like!

I was excepting this stage would have a boss from the beginning. XD

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:08 am 
Just that RANDOM GUY!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Hey guys I'm back with another little update on Power Star Frenzy!
Today I'm showing off the NEW Magma Central! It's re-design was just completed today.
Toad Town's design was changed a bit, and Princess Peach's Castle had a re-design as well.
The Mushroom Kingdom's World Map was also re-designed. It's now is much larger and has more to explore!

One thing also guys! I updated the support banner, please add it to your signature if you support Power Star Frenzy!

Code:
[URL=http://phpbb.mfgg.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17544&p=445915#p445915][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qW0K8oq.png[/IMG][/URL]

Check out the new screenshots!
Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:01 am 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
For some reason, I really, reaaaaaaaally like the lava-y blargg. It sorta looks like a cross between a blargg and a magmargg. As a bit of a critique, though, I wouldn't have the lavafall pouring out of the hole in the wall fade to black; it's lava, so obviously it would produce its own light.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next  [ 281 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic