Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 80 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Epic Paper Mario, [Demo] An RPG/Platformer Adventure!
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Epic Paper Mario
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:09 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Zach wrote:
Wow! This is looking amazing! Very interested to see what comes next.

Thanks! Eventually, I want to get around to revealing more info on a feature I always wanted to see in a Mario RPG: Power Ups! I'm not quite ready to show it off yet, so you'll have to wait a little longer I'm afraid...

Until then...

Announcing: An Epic Paper Mario Contest

Recently, our YouTube Channel hit 1,000 subscribers. To celebrate, we started a Create-A-Character contest for Epic Paper Mario. Originally this was for fans of our YouTube Channel, but now we're extending that offer to everyone! In this contest, you can come up with an unique Toad and it has a chance of becoming a resident of Toad Town.

Watch & Participate Here:

In order to enter the contest, make a comment on the video with this information:
-Toad's Name
-Character Description (Personality, Background, etc..)
-Physical Description or Link to Sprite (Optional)

The contest lasts until the end of 2015!

Only comments on the video qualify!

Only few will be chosen!
...and there's a good chance each Toad will be involved in a side-quest relating to them! Have fun and good luck!

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Epic Paper Mario [Contest: Create-A-Character!]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:36 pm 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I submitted one for fun. It might get rejected since the appearance I suggested might be weird to imagine.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Epic Paper Mario [Contest: Create-A-Character!]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Yakibomb wrote:
I submitted one for fun. It might get rejected since the appearance I suggested might be weird to imagine.

No harm in trying!

Update #10: Suit Power Up Teaser

First tease of how suits will work in the game.

I went in a different direction than I had originally planned when it comes to how suits will work.. The way suits will be done will tie in better to the plot, and to the title of the game. You'll find out what that means eventually.

In terms of developing the game, its important that I create the suits now rather than later. Since they have effects on the over world, I need to design maps around them. Although Frost Mario's double jump isn't very high, it is high enough that I need to make sure there isn't any sequence-breaking in maps. Alloy Mario is much easier to balance, he is immune to specific field hazards that are introduced in the game. Its actually more important that I balance those hazards in a way that you can only get past them with Alloy Mario.

In terms of battle balance, I haven't quite made up my mind. I'm thinking Frost Mario gets a few unique moves, Alloy Mario gets +1 Defense and +1 Attack power (or something) but all of his moves cost 1 FP more (even normal jump would cost 1 FP). Still playing around with those ideas, however.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 am 
Space wife
[*]
haha that frost mario is a great video. Looks cool too.

You have a pretty good talent for this though as most of the videos are pretty interesting trailer-wise, very good so far and really hope things go smoothly.

The battle abilities dont sound too bad, but fp cost might be a bit much and i think ice should be more offensive, so reduce the defense, perhaps add some debuffs to the mix.

Anyway looking forward to this, great job so far.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Zae wrote:
haha that frost mario is a great video. Looks cool too.

You have a pretty good talent for this though as most of the videos are pretty interesting trailer-wise, very good so far and really hope things go smoothly.

The battle abilities dont sound too bad, but fp cost might be a bit much and i think ice should be more offensive, so reduce the defense, perhaps add some debuffs to the mix.

Anyway looking forward to this, great job so far.

Thanks for the suggestions! The jury is still out on how the suits will affect Mario in battle. I think the lowered DEF for Ice Makes sense though. There may be more cores, so I won't be able to decide how they're all balanced until I decide how many there are.

Speaking of more suits...

Mario’s new power! It’s some heavy stuff.

Alloy Mario is tough. He won’t take damage from spikes or fire. In the field, this let’s him traverse the world to find new areas. He is also heavy, and can weigh down certain blocks. This can be helpful tor each new places… but may also hold him back at times.

Alloy Mario’s Hammer is also stronger than the wooden one, allowing Mario to break new types of blocks.

As you can imagine, all of these attributes lead to some interesting abilities for Alloy Mario in battle, but you’ll have to wait a little longer to see.

Also, the second trailer was released some time ago:

Maybe it'll answer some questions...

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:19 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
It looks pretty underpolished, but there's a lot of promise here! I just hope the platforming isn't as bad as Super Paper Mario.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
It looks pretty underpolished, but there's a lot of promise here! I just hope the platforming isn't as bad as Super Paper Mario.

I've been working on getting the "feel" of things right recently in addition to some closed testing. Development can be all over the place sometimes so some things aren't as fully refined as they should be.

[se]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:55 pm 
secret technology
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Good work so far! The only thing is that it lacks "juiciness".

(This is a great videon on what I mean)
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:08 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Yeah, the visuals are a bit rough, but other than that it looks really great! :D

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:03 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:

Hmmm, it was bad? :P

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:13 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
super paper mario is good willsaber just has bad taste

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:46 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Willsaber wrote:

The platforming in Super Paper Mario is not bad, but Super Paper Mario being a sole platformer is bad. Paper Mario games need to be RPG games and nothing else.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:26 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

super paper mario is a good game and i will defend it to my death

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:53 pm 
Paper Mario Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Friendly Dictator wrote:
super paper mario is a good game and i will defend it to my death

Would've been better with more RPG elements, though!
The day Nintendo took out the turn based battles is the day my heart was truly broken. </3

Anyway, the game so far looks really good! I'm digging the 2D style with the RPG battles!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:11 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Willsaber wrote:

The platforming in Super Paper Mario is not bad, but Super Paper Mario being a sole platformer is bad. Paper Mario games need to be RPG games and nothing else.

You dont get to determine that.

Now then, man, I really like what I see. Its not too often that I see a fangame inspired by the Paper Mario series.

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:17 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
It's been 84 years...

*ahem*

At long last, I'd like to present to you the first public demo of Epic Paper Mario!

It is available on GameJolt, click the image to the download page!

The demo includes the Prologue, and a portion of the game afterward.

There are several badges available, 4 bosses (2 story, 2 optional), and 2 partners (1 optional, 1 story) all crammed into 9-ish maps.

People who have nVIDIA graphics cards should read how to optimize their settings to get the best performance. There's a README that comes with game that explains it, and also a picture to further help you.

Please enjoy a sampling of the work and support that has allowed Epic Paper Mario to continue so far!

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:33 pm 
I've always liked the love and creativity put into the games you've made and this one does certainly NOT dissapoint so far.

Only nitpick I can think of is fixing the difficulty from spiking and making the combat animation for fluid but other that that, it's a great time and good luck on the final product.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 am 
Jammin' with Luigi and Tails
[*]
[*]
[*]
It's awesome to finally have a playable demo to sink our teeths into, and boy oh boy was I not disappointed. This was the Paper Mario sequel we should've always gotten, and there's a hell of a lotta time and effort put into this one demo too.

My only complaint is that hitting enemies with the hammer in the overworld is a pain. It only counts if you hit dead center, never on the edge of the hammer. And even then, the hit is delayed a bit before it actually registers. That needs to be fixed, because otherwise it makes the hammer suck to use, which realllllly shouldn't be a thing.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Aside from Mario's walking animation, which I think should be more similar to how it is in the official games, I really love this! You've done a pretty great job at emulating the aesthetic feel of a Paper Mario game, especially in the writing department. I agree with FieryExplosion about the hammer though.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:32 pm 
Wow the demo was AMAZING. This is the next big game for sure!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 80 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic