Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 80 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Epic Paper Mario, [Demo] An RPG/Platformer Adventure!
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Epic Paper Mario
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:05 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:
i'm gonna assume the MIDI is placeholder

You'd be correct. I want to compose a theme for the tower myself, but making original music is further down on my priority list right now.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:39 pm 
Jammin' with Luigi and Tails
[*]
[*]
[*]
Those checkerboard enemies look a little awkward. Otherwise, this looks quite interesting!

...it would've been nice if you showed some fighting though.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:18 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Looks fantastic!

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:38 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Update #6: Fan Badges & Tower Runs

This week we have two videos that attempt the Tower, with commentary. In the second video, we demonstrate fan-created badges. If you’re interested in seeing what badges the fans have come up with for Epic Paper Mario, or want to suggest your own, you can visit here: (Fan Badge List Here: http://icugigasoft.freeforums.org/sugge ... t1633.html).

There is no limit to the number of badges you can suggest, and you will be credited for their inclusion. However, please make sure you consult the list of badges that have made it in, and the badges in TTYD (Badge List Here: http://papermario.wikia.com/wiki/Paper_ ... e_Database) so that you don’t suggest something redundant.
In the future we’ll explore other opportunities for fans to suggest/create content for the game.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:25 pm 
Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy
[*]
I was a big fan of Super Mario RPG: The Seven Sages (Still haven't played Starlite Worlds), so I know that this game is in good hands!
The new game mode looks really neat. Is it possible to complete the tower (i.e. does it eventually end) or is it "infinite" as the title suggests?

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I have pretty much 0 skills but I'd enjoy participating in the fan-made content stuff, I really think that idea is cool.

waa

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:34 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sr.Wario wrote:
I have pretty much 0 skills but I'd enjoy participating in the fan-made content stuff, I really think that idea is cool.

Currently, we're open to badge/item suggestions. If your idea is accepted, you will be credited in the game.

I also ask for feedback in terms of what kind of locales/enemies/etc... people want to see to gauge people's taste, so you can respond ot those questions in the videos if that interests you.

Update #7: Introducing Toadiko
The first party member and the first Toad party member in Paper Mario.

Hailing from the west and on a visit to the Mushroom Kingdom, Toadiko is a Toad you don't want to mess with.

Out of battle, she'll inform Mario on the surroundings or on NPCs. In battle, she'll provide detailed enemy info with "Recon" and will dole out the hurt with "Power Fist."

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:53 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I finished watching that and I forgot that it isn't an official Paper Mario 5.

In other words, awesome.

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:24 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Update #8: Blocks & Things

A minor update, but a look into the elements I'm creating that compose the levels/worlds of the game. This is a special map I made that I use to "store" some of the objects I create, although most objects remain in the dungeon they were made for.

These are some of the more general building blocks (pun intended) that I'll be using, and naturally I'll add to this number as development continues.

This is a screen of the testing area I use, not an actual level

Also, here is the first part of another Tower Run I'm attempting.

And here it is, part 1:

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:52 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I love the original partner! This is looking really cool!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:04 pm 
Mario Females Supporter... full force!
[*]
[*]
Still looking good, C-Division, and heck - that's kinda like the "strategy" I use too in each fangame project I do (as in, have a "room" reserved for engine testing... only that it wouldn't be "accessible" in the final game when it's done).

Looking forward to more progress on this thing.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:34 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Suggestion, maybe make the damage icons differently colored depending on whether an enemy or player is hit. Sometimes I couldn't really tell who was getting hurt.

Otherwise, amazing work as always.

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:12 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
This is amazing.

I mean really, seriously amazing. Like, official-quality amazing.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:52 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Thanks for the feedback guys. I may need to some "beautification" work like you mentioned Xandalf. Sorry I haven't kept this place as up to date on the development process. Here are a few things that have happened in the past months which may interest followers of the game though.

First, the end the Tower Run #3 I previously posted. It... did not end well, heh.

Second, a tease for the new Partner! Let's pretend I posted this teaser on Halloween Weekend...

And last but not least, a new video detailing the potential for badge strategies in Epic Paper Mario. Considering that all the badges for The Thousand Year Door make their return in EPM, I'm trying to focus on badges created by fans or badges that I come up with. This first video features the Toxic Mario set which was suggested by a member of another forum. If you have any cool badge set ideas, just let me know.

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Update #9: Title Screen & Demo Information

A look at the current title screen and main menu for the game. It is based around the beta demo of TTYD. As you get farther in the story, there will be more characters that make cameos.

Take a look here:

This marks the last major new thing that needed to be added to the game before a demo could be prepared. What’s left is adding "user friendly" thinigs (instructions, control information, etc..), testing, and some demo only elements. Sadly, because I have final exams and college graduation coming up, I don’t plan on releasing the demo this year. It all depends on how busy I will be in the following weeks.

Thanks for your support so far, you'll have something to play soon!

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:31 pm 
[*]
[*]
My mind is blown! (I don't even play Paper Mario).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:09 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Looking great as always!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:31 pm 
Just a person.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I don't know if some of these already exist or not, but here are some ideas for badges:

- Quake Badge: Executing a jump attack perfectly damages all enemies on stage for 20% of the damage done to the target.
Also applies to Hammer attacks.

- Switcheroo Badge: "Reverses" status effects applied to Mario. For example, an attack that would normally freeze you will
set you on fire, and vice-versa. An attack which would normally lower your defence (or some other stat) would raise it instead, but on the flip side
using an item or ability which would normally boost your stats would reduce them instead.

- Block Master Badge: Makes the timing for blocking extremely strict, but blocking completely negates all damage.

- Last Stand Badge: Any attack that would normally kill you will have a 50% chance to leave you at 1 HP instead, and make you invincible until
your next turn. This can only happen once per battle, so if it happens, make recovering a priority!

- Ninja Badge: When you initiate a battle with an attack by stomping or hammering an enemy in the overworld, enemies will be stunned or confused by the initial hit.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:06 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Evil Yoshi Toes wrote:
Looking great as always!

Thanks!

MarioBrosFan2010 wrote:
My mind is blown! (I don't even play Paper Mario).

I would definitely recommend them.

soopakoopa wrote:
I don't know if some of these already exist or not, but here are some ideas for badges:

- Quake Badge: Executing a jump attack perfectly damages all enemies on stage for 20% of the damage done to the target.
Also applies to Hammer attacks.

- Switcheroo Badge: "Reverses" status effects applied to Mario. For example, an attack that would normally freeze you will
set you on fire, and vice-versa. An attack which would normally lower your defence (or some other stat) would raise it instead, but on the flip side
using an item or ability which would normally boost your stats would reduce them instead.

- Block Master Badge: Makes the timing for blocking extremely strict, but blocking completely negates all damage.

- Last Stand Badge: Any attack that would normally kill you will have a 50% chance to leave you at 1 HP instead, and make you invincible until
your next turn. This can only happen once per battle, so if it happens, make recovering a priority!

- Ninja Badge: When you initiate a battle with an attack by stomping or hammering an enemy in the overworld, enemies will be stunned or confused by the initial hit.

Those are some nice badge ideas. I especially like the Ninja Badge, I never though of something like that. As of the time of this post, I added your badge to the game. I've added your username to the credits as well.

Switcheroo seems like it might be a bit too crazy, haha. Something like Quake Badge seems like it would be its own attack, rather than an affect applied to all attacks (it would be too cheap). Thanks for the suggestions.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:01 pm 
Wow! This is looking amazing! Very interested to see what comes next.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 80 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic