Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 80 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Epic Paper Mario, [Demo] An RPG/Platformer Adventure!
 [zz]
 Post subject: Epic Paper Mario
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:14 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
EPIC PAPER MARIO
A Paper Mario fan game by ICU Gigasoft (made by U-Division)
Engine: Construct 2 (HTML 5)

Main Page /Download Site: http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/epic-paper-mario/71638/

Something strange is happening in the Mushroom Kingdom! Things haven’t been the same since Captain Toad went missing in the Rattle Bone Ruins. It seems he discovered a treasure that was better left buried. Now, weird monsters are showing up throughout the once peaceful kingdom and are causing chaos. Even the hero Mario can’t solve this crisis alone. The tide seems to turn with the timely arrival of Toadzen, an old friend of Toadsworth, who also leads an organized team of warriors known as the Funguerros. With their help, will Mario be able to discover the cause of the trouble and save the Mushroom Kingdom once more? No matter what happens, it’s going to be one Epic Paper Mario!

Mario – Our hero in red. When duty calls, he’s ready to go on an adventure no matter what the danger.

Princess Peach – The ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom. When strange incidents threaten to throw her domain into chaos, she proves to be an expert crisis manager.

Toadsworth – A loyal Toad and right-hand man of Princess Peach. He’s an old friend of Toadzen, and apparently was quite a fighter back in his day.

Toadzen – Arriving on the scene just when Mario is in danger, Toadzen is an old warrior who commands the Funguerros. His popularity soars when footage of him saving Mario and defeating an ancient dragon is broadcast on the news. Toadzen’s team proves critical in keeping the Mushroom Kingdom safe in the emerging chaos.

Toadiko – A young Toad seemingly inspired by the heroics of Toadzen. She is determined to join the Funguerros one day, but has to settle for helping Mario on his adventure.

King Bowser - The brutish rival of Mario’s that never gives up, Bowser is a foe to be reckoned with but not reasoned with. Now that Toadzen is the darling hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser wonders if the mysterious man should be his new rival instead.

Booller – A laid back young Boo who decides to play hookey from the easy life and do something meaningful. Saving the Mushroom Kingdom seems like a worthy endeavor to him, although he might not be cut out for it.

Shyla – Banished from her tribe of Jungle Guys, this stoic warrior spends her days in the outskirts of Hoohey Island. When her ex-tirbe is in danger, she joins with Mario to help save them.
And many more!

Side-Scrolling Platformer / RPG Hybrid – Unlike Super Paper Mario, this game will continue the tradition of having turn-based battles. However, there will be enemies that can be defeated on the field without going in to battle. This allows for a better balance to be struck between the RPG and platformer mechanics

It’s Better With Badges! – Badges can augment a character’s abilities, teach them new skills, or give certain boosts. Unlike Paper Mario and Starlite Worlds, there are no “partner” badges. Instead, every character can equip any badge other than the ones that teach unique skils.

Partner Up! - Throughout the game several characters will join Mario’s time, each with their own unique story and abilities. Using those abilities both in and outside of battle will be key to making progress.

Suit Up! – Returning from Seven Sages, suits will play a major role in the game. Now, instead of only affecting the wearer in battle, they will affect the wearer on the field in addition to battle. For instance, equipping the Hammer Suit will grant Mario access to the Super Hammer. In battle, this increases the damage from his Hammer attacks. Outside of battle, this allows him to break big Stone blocks. This feature will replace the individual Boots/Hammer upgrades from Paper Mario. Mario’s clothes will change to those of the suit both inside and out of battle, unlike Seven Sages.

Level Up! –Mario and his partners will level up as they gain Star Points from battle. For the first time in Paper Mario, partners will have their own level and Star Points. All partners will gain Star Points from battle, but the partner being used at the end of the battle will get slightly more.

Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=365KQo0l_Ns
https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=udXVl6e2zsA

Screenshots

Credits:
Owen Mair (OST)
Soopakoopa
Vivalahomestar
Penguin4478
Maingi
Allen012
Scythesensei
Superspyro1024

Epic Paper Mario is a fan game based on the Paper Mario property owned by Nintendo.
Epic Paper Mario should run at 60FPS on most modern computers. More info on performance will be determined after beta test
ing.

Last edited by C-Division on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.

[tr]
 Post subject: Re: Epic Paper Mario
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:45 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Holy ship. This looks fantastic! A dark Mario game without guns? YES! With Windows Movie Maker effects, it looks even more epic. Good job!

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:50 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This looks like a really neat project! ^_^

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:58 pm 
A Inky Space Princess
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I am really liking the idea so far, but the only thing that I am not liking is how stiff the characters are. Besides that I am really liking this so far.

My Deviantart Gallery:
Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It looks good so far! Keep it up. :)

(11/28/2020) Looking back at most of the things I did here many years ago makes me feel embarrassed :p But hey, we all started somewhere on the internet I guess. This site is basically the only remains of how I was years ago, and I can't look back at what me from over 5 years ago thought was "comedy" without cringing haha

I don't know if I'll return here some day, but I thank you all for the memories coming back to me after looking through my old posts. (which I advise you not to look through if you want to stay sane) If I do return, I do know of the new forum's existence, I just felt like looking back at posts here instead since I was more active on this one.

May the holidays go good if you are reading this around the time I am putting this text in my signature.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:19 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Another C-Division RPG. How groovy! This looks like good stuff.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Thanks for the feedback so far!

Mors wrote:
Holy ship. This looks fantastic! A dark Mario game without guns? YES! With Windows Movie Maker effects, it looks even more epic. Good job!

Ha, thanks. Actually, it's not much of a dark game. The trailer is more of a parody of that kind of thing.

That being said, the story will take a different turn than most Mario RPGs. It will be driven by plot points, not collecting Legendary Treasures.

Jaharl wrote:
I am really liking the idea so far, but the only thing that I am not liking is how stiff the characters are. Besides that I am really liking this so far.

That's probably based on the sprites being made from separate parts and then "animated" and saved with photoshop. The spriting process is a relatively big hurdle for the development of the game, becasue we can't just use premade poses. I'll try to improve some of the rougher animations as development continues and I get more used to the process.

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 pm 
Jammin' with Luigi and Tails
[*]
[*]
[*]
Whoa! This seems cool. I liked the Starite/Starlite Worlds, even though I never finished it. I hope this becomes the greatest thing ever!

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:22 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This looks pretty good! I'm loving this influx of paper mario fangames lately.
I think it could use a better title, though

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Aha! I found two of your threads about this game already. Do I find it ironic that both forums have mafias going on? I'll just quote what I said on SM.net for this:
"Because of the title I thought it was another joke game at first. Nice to see you're making more games, C-Division :). This looks promising."

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:54 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mario looks stiff, has no expressions, and never, ever, blinks.

The fuel of my nightmares.

Other than that, this looks like something I'd download

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:39 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Will some of the old partners return as well?
I mean, Paper Mario 2 was so close to make almost the whole partner cast of its prequel return before that idea got canned (they even have updated art that ended up being unused and on The Cutting Room Floor).

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:10 pm 
[*]
[*]
Do you get more than one partner?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:19 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
I mean, Paper Mario 2 was so close to make almost the whole partner cast of its prequel return before that idea got canned (they even have updated art that ended up being unused and on The Cutting Room Floor).

No partners will be return. There's an element of fun in creating my own.

MarioBrosFan2010 wrote:
Do you get more than one partner?

Toadiko, Booller, and Shyla are the confirmed partners so far.

You may have already seen Toadiko by now, but more details on each of the partners will be revealed overtime.

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:51 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
C-Division wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:

No partners will be return. There's an element of fun in creating my own.

Not even as cameos in the form of NPCs? That's sad... :(

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:56 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Looks great, awesome, epic. I'll keep a keen eye on this one!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:31 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
Not even as cameos in the form of NPCs? That's sad... :(

I wouldn't say cameos from previous partners (or characters) won't happen, but all playable characters will be original other than Mario

Thanks for the interest in the project so far, everyone. Currently the prologue has been completed and Chapter 1 is mostly done. Most of the work I've done on the game so far pertains to features/systems (battling, dungeon elements, animations) so story progression will go smoother as more of this features are implemented and polished.

Here are some new screens.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:00 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Update #3: Audience & Stage Systems

In this update we’re going to talk about the Stage and Audience System. In Paper Mario and TTYD, battles are presented as performances with viewers from all parts of the Mushroom Kingdom. This system was dropped in Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Sticker Star. In Epic Paper Mario, this system will be used once again as a way earn Star Power. Tentatively, Star Power will allow Mario (and potentially his Allies) to perform Epic Moves. These moves will be similar in function to Special Moves from the previous Paper Mario RPGs. The Audience will react to how well you perform Action Commands, including both Timed Hits and Stylish Moves. This gives you Star Power.

Another important mechanic is the Stage System. As you can see by the screenshots below, the backgrounds in Epic Paper Mario have been changed to incorporate these mechanics. Aesthetically, the battle scene functions more like a stage with parts of the stage attached to strings, curtains covering the BG, and an audience seated in front. Just as in Paper Mario TTYD, parts of the stage can fall, random fog will show up, or the lights may turn off. I’m also considering new Stage Effects like coins being present on the battle field or “Stage Items” that can force certain effects to happen.

For comparison's sake, this is the old battle stage vs. thew new one:

Last edited by C-Division on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:09 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This looks fantastic

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:48 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I like it. The new one has a lot more personality to it.

(Remember the **s around the text doesn't work on MFGG, you have to use if you want it Bold.)

Whoever did this is fired immediately

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 80 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic