Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 108 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: DAIRANTO!! Mario Bros. DDX- NCFC DEMO RELEASE!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i dunno if there's any way to fix it for everyone's antivirus, because it's obviously only certain antiviruses.

as for mario's physics, i'll bring them up to the devs. personally i don't think the issue is how slippery he is, it's how quick he moves.

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:40 pm 
EDIT: didn't think to look at the timestamps at all

.....dammit. sorry for the necropost. >_>;

Actually logged in to this account for once to drop off a compliment to Mit and the crew - this is actually a ridiculously polished demo. I could see multiplayer for this being just plain awesome, and if online multiplayer's added things will just be straight-up insane.
Also, Mario's movement speed is absolutely PERFECT. I don't know what you guys are talking about - that slipperiness might be a little out of place for a game with Mario Bros. mechanics, yeah - but it feels spot-on for the contemporary New SMB games. Like, I feel like Mario was moving around based on my thoughts - he just felt seamless, IMHO. If you're considering changing up his playstyle, at least consider transferring Mario's current gameplay style to Luigi when he's added.

I like the premise though - the first thing that came to mind was Super Mario War (not the awful SNES romhack - I mean the multiplayer one where you jump on each other's heads), but the original Mario Bros. mechanics/gameplay is just gonna result in some crazy, crazy hectic multiplayer madness. Like, I could see this being an excellent couch multiplayer game for when friends come over.

I'm also completely in love with the pixelart profiles you gave Mario and Luigi - it really captures their character well!!

Some suggestions though - it'd be cool if you considered them at some point down the line:
  • This game NEEDS hectic music, like ExciteBike's music (in MarioKart 8). If you guys can compose some crazy, bouncy tunes that carry the Mario vibe, that'll be amazing.
  • Do you guys plan on putting in voiceclips from Mario games? I know it's generally frowned upon in "the community" to shove in voiceclips from the 64 games, and quite frankly the game's pretty nice soundwise so far - but those voiceclips would help to give the playable characters more diversity (other than visual tweaks) and it'd also capture the zany feel this game currently encapsulates.
  • I'm really excited about the possibility of more characters being added to the game, and it'd be just fine if they were reskins of the rest of the cast. But if you're able to give characters stat tweaks (e.g. Wario has slower running speed, but is able to hit a larger area of blocks with his head when he jumps into them, etc.) that'd be pretty neat and kinda give this game somewhat of a "meta" when it comes to character selection, lol
  • It's really tiny. Would it be possible to add a "2x zoom" and "3x zoom" video mode? Whether you wanna use cool filters for psuedo-HD is up to you, but the zoom wouldn't hurt this game one bit C:

TrinitroMan wrote:
Willsaber wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Well, thing is: Even if I deactivate it, my Antivirus still automatically removes the game, and deinstalling my Antivirus is a no-go for me.

Don't most anti-viruses allow you to manually keep files you choose?

Yes. In fact, that's what I did. But still, the file gets removed anyway, and even WITHOUT any message from the Antivirus...man, that's weird...I just hope Mit can find a fix for that...

That's not something Mit can fix. It's something your antivirus does as part of "predictive threat scanning", as it's easy in theory to run malicious code through something like GameMaker games.

It's something you'll have to manually tweak in your antivirus settings. If you can figure out the "target" (basically, the filepath to the file) you should be able to set an exception profile in your antivirus settings (and, actually, if you do it right, other GameMaker games shouldn't trigger it in the future, either - however, when it comes to antiviruses, it's really YMMV depending on what you have installed)

p.s. if there's anyone else here who recognizes me from VGR - hello!!
p.p.s. PLEASE post this over there. it's just too amazing not to

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 pm 
where are the dreamers gone?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Well this is a bump I guess since it's been almost two months.
This game came up in a conversation about postponing my own ambitious project to work on something with a smaller scale. I've seen a screenshot or two about this game before, but I didn't know what it actually was.
Anyways, my idea for a smaller project was almost exactly this. I don't know how I've missed this before; after scanning through the thread, everything looks great.
You even mentioned the comparison of the '94 DK to the original DK which is pretty amazing that we had a large portion of similar ideas; I'm just a year or so late.

[Directed at Mit]
I'm probably more amazed then mad for someone making the game first. I'd actually like to work on this as well as a spriter, but reading how you pretty much have all of the sprites done already, I don't know what I could possibly do. Our styles may be too different for that matter.
You don't have to include me out of guilt; if you really do have everything under control, then I'll be happy just to play the game when it's finished.

[us]
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:47 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
any help is appreciated, so if you'd like to help you can drop me a PM and we can work it out from there!

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:28 pm 
Enjoy the avatar of nothingness
[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
any help is appreciated, so if you'd like to help you can drop me a PM and we can work it out from there!

K, sent you a PM

Hexyuu Yandere wrote:
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Where's her top? ;)

It's invisible ;)

oh god ;)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:57 pm 
[*]
Mit wrote:

Does that apply to graphics? If so, I can try and help with these.

[ie]
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:46 pm 
thanks, neweegee!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
If you want Mit, I could apply for part time spriting. I don't have Skype, but I have an email account.

my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pu2NplrfCUbTxE_zyHITQ

User page at mfgg.net

[es]
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:39 pm 
I'm just a little adorable kitty :3
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

luigiman wrote:
If you want Mit, I could apply for part time spriting. I don't have Skype, but I have an email account.

You should check dates before posting, also you could PM the OP instead of necrobumping a 2 year topic.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 108 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic