Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Midas Machine, Regular dev updates
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Midas Machine (Final Demo)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:31 pm 
Are we really talking about the same glitch?

What happened in my playthrough was the following:

Spoiler:

If you decided to discuss a different glitch which is coincidentally also related to Lakitus, then carry on.

(I just noticed that this is the start of Page 5. Look on Page 4 if you do not already know what I am talking about.)

"When ya don't care 'bout somethin', ya "couldn't care less." If ya "could care less," that means ya still care. It ain't that tough. "Couldn't care" means ya don't care. Stop carin' 'bout stuff ya don't care 'bout!" -Mr. Resetti, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:46 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
We were talking about a different glitch. I was pointing out that when Elyk said Lakitu was nothing but trouble, he was refering to the glitch that I had described in my post. Luckily the glitch I described has already been taken care of.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:20 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

There were several glitches with the lakitu and his clouds that have already been fixed. I was commenting on how that enemy seems to be particularly buggy.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 pm 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I didn't play through the entire demo yet, but it seems a bit empty on the sfx side. There's no walking sfx, nothing happens when you hit captain syrup. That battle was a bit boring because there was no feedback when you hit her besides her flashing or when she swooped in from the side. When the train stops on W2-1, there's no sounds for it stopping at all. There needs to be some more love put into adding sound effects.

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 am 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
TheShyGuy wrote:
walking sfx

why does it need it

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:40 am 
C# Programmer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I dunno. Movement in the game is pretty.....boring. It was more of an example than anything though. Stopping a train with the only notification being that the bottom screen wheels move slower is pretty...meh on the immersive side. Wasn't the train in danger? I didn't really get much sense of danger or panic at all during that. It coulda used sound effects, music fading from a more panicked to relief type, and maybe even some subtle screen shaking during the level in general. I'm unsure if I've said something that's already there because I didn't take notes when I was playing. I'll do so the next time and replay some levels.

Subtle things have a big effect. In the original mario games, there's walking sfx. So why not?

Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:51 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'm working on some new ways to use existing objects in the game. This is an early idea i'm working with but I think it could be fun for something. Basically, some of you may remember that if when you beat the MegaMole miniboss, a pipe will rise out of the ground. I'm using that mechanic in a slightly different way thats fairly basic, but could lead to some new and interesting ideas.
Beat the enemies in an area.

Pipe rises from a pit.

Progress.

Like I said, it's a very small thing, but I'm trying to think up a way to use it that will be interesting, but who knows.

That aside, I'm working on a new level. The BG is a place holder until I make the actual jungle BG, but it'll do for now.

TheShyGuy wrote:
I dunno. Movement in the game is pretty.....boring. It was more of an example than anything though. Stopping a train with the only notification being that the bottom screen wheels move slower is pretty...meh on the immersive side. Wasn't the train in danger? I didn't really get much sense of danger or panic at all during that. It coulda used sound effects, music fading from a more panicked to relief type, and maybe even some subtle screen shaking during the level in general. I'm unsure if I've said something that's already there because I didn't take notes when I was playing. I'll do so the next time and replay some levels.

Subtle things have a big effect. In the original mario games, there's walking sfx. So why not?

I'm a little late to replay to this, but the screen shakes during that entire level, and when you hit the brakes, the shaking calms down as the train stop, and as for sounds, we plan on adding a screeching if we can get someone to make it. The music may be a bit much considering we still need to get the main songs covered, let alone two songs for a tiny section at the end of a single level.

Also, which of the original Mario games had walking sfx?

Last edited by Chaoxys on Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Donkey Kong had walking noises

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:
Donkey Kong had walking noises

Ugh, I forgot how annoying that sound was.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
WOMP WOMP WAH WAH WEH WAH WEH WAH WEH WOMP WAH

Ahem.

Pretty sure Mario Bros did too.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:10 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Be that as it may, it'd be up to Guinea on whether or not something like that would get in, however I think we have larger priorities to handle first anyways.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:21 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Well, there was some complaints about parts of the ice BG that showed up at the start of world 3, people saying that it looked solid and what not, so I took a crack at fixing it, and DJane helped with some useful feedback.

It's probably worth mentioning that the sky, clouds, mountains, closer mountains, trees, and closer trees are all on different layers, which look really nice with the parallax scrolling (I know this thanks to DJane making a little parallax scrolling testing thing for me).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:43 am 
[*]
[*]
I hope to see it in action soon, Chaoxys.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:14 pm 
This is awsome. Can't wait for the finale game. I have all the demos except for the 2010 one. The only problem I had with this demo was the speeding up of the characters. Has this been changed or will it stay as it is? Keep up the good work.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:02 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I believe it'll stay like this or at least similar. The old way was a bit awkward, especially in that you basically hit your top speed right off the bat which also made it way too easy to do your highest jump, effectively making any platforming way too easy and rather unrewarding.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:47 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Since NCFC is going on now... what's the new status with regards to release, since the OP says:

"So what is the current status of Midas Machine?
We've been hard at work lately, and we have a feeling that we can achieve an NCFC 2014 release. Yes that's right, NCFC 2014. Will it be just an empty boast, or will you actually get to play the full game at NCFC? I don't know, to be honest. Life can always throw curve balls. But if all goes according to our plan, Midas Machine can be in your hands-- - I mean download folders - this November when NCFC happens. Let's leave luck to heaven."

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:20 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^Hm, I guess this is now outdated :/

Thanks for pointing it out. Let me just quickly edit it....

EDIT: And done.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:13 pm 
I found these 2 pics today. http://i59.tinypic.com/2jd1jsx.jpg and http://i60.tinypic.com/qzr9z5.jpg

Will this game be in 2 player or was it just for development purposes?

[br]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:33 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Sorry, but the Tinypic links are not working

Spoiler:

[kg]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:43 pm 
resident ice cream salesman
[*]
[*]
RIP AND TEAR wrote:
I found these 2 pics today. http://i59.tinypic.com/2jd1jsx.jpg and http://i60.tinypic.com/qzr9z5.jpg

Will this game be in 2 player or was it just for development purposes?

Chaoxys was showing off some of the new tilesets in his sprite thread a while ago. They're both mock-ups.

Actually if I recall correctly they said it absolutely wouldn't be two-player because some of the levels have paths requiring a single character.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic