Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Midas Machine, Regular dev updates
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Midas Machine (Final Demo)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:51 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
So I was playing Retro Run, and I made it to the midway point. I died, and lost all my red coins.
'That's absolutely criminal, especially in a stage like this'
I think red coins you've collected up until the midway point should stay collected once you activate said midway point, and only be lost if you leave the level, restart it, or get a game over.
Also, 'Whats that? You say you're Luigi?' in Toad Town
'Summons a blue Takko' in the shop has no period at the end
'The tracks ahead have been burried' should be buried
I think there should be a sound for when you hit Captain Syrup
Captain Syrup needs SFX in general
Knockback from getting hit should be dropped
Also, was the icon on the moneybag the same on the Money Ship from SMB3? If so, nice touch
oh hello new page

Last edited by Kirby's Adventure on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:48 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Honestly, I don't see the issue with knockback. You only go back 1 block space I believe, and considering you can take 4 hits instead of Mario's general 2, I think it's a fair trade off, otherwise you'd be able to tank through tough sections with little to no risk. The knockback is almost needed to avoid players abusing the invincibility phase after a hit. Whether or not it's reduced, idk, but I think some knock back, or at least a slight stun is required.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:49 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
At least make knockback half a block instead of a whole one, that way it will at least end up in less cheap deaths

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:51 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I think the knockback's been toned down already so I'm alright with the current knockback. the only things that need to be tweaked are checkpoints and lives, honestly.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:55 pm 
gold mario forever
I can't wait for the final game release. Keep it up the great work!!! I tried the final demo and is amazing

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:06 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Glad you like it.

On another note, it's probably worth mentioning that I've remade 1-3. It's now less straight forward and it actually makes use of it's gimmick.

Also, both the key and lock are in plain sight now, and you have Toadette who gives a rather blatant hint about how to access the sewer path right in the open surrounded by bright flowers. If anyone still manages to get stuck now then... I just... I don't know anymore.

Also, to be clear, this is a brand new level, not a touch up to the one in the demo.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:11 pm 
[*]
[*]
As a quick note, I found the blue octopus/bird hybrid (Takko, I believe his name was?) to be more of a liability than anything. Using his power cuts your vertical momentum too much - I'd almost always end up jumping, continuing to hold the jump button due to variable jumping, and having my momentum killed by Takko beginning to make me hover, causing me to die.

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:58 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
endgame wrote:
As a quick note, I found the blue octopus/bird hybrid (Takko, I believe his name was?) to be more of a liability than anything. Using his power cuts your vertical momentum too much - I'd almost always end up jumping, continuing to hold the jump button due to variable jumping, and having my momentum killed by Takko beginning to make me hover, causing me to die.

Eh, same thing happenss me too.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:33 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mit wrote:
I think the knockback's been toned down already so I'm alright with the current knockback. the only things that need to be tweaked are checkpoints and lives, honestly.

Yeah, knockback is significantly less than what it used to be.
endgame wrote:
To be honest I feel the same way about Takko, especially on 1-3 where you need to hold jump in order to bounce off the mushrooms (that stage is different now though). I find myself memorizing which ?-blocks he is hiding inside and then avoiding them. I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:55 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
Glad you like it.

On another note, it's probably worth mentioning that I've remade 1-3. It's now less straight forward and it actually makes use of it's gimmick.

Also, both the key and lock are in plain sight now, and you have Toadette who gives a rather blatant hint about how to access the sewer path right in the open surrounded by bright flowers. If anyone still manages to get stuck now then... I just... I don't know anymore.

Also, to be clear, this is a brand new level, not a touch up to the one in the demo.

This looks really god, but I think you should have kept the cavern the way it was before.

I think you should remake the Airship level too.

Spoiler:

[tr]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:27 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Ok, I can't open the game now. Because I got this error.
Code:
for object objInvisibleNPC:

Error defining an external function.

If I press Abort I can play the game without musics and errors. (WTF?!)

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Try restarting your PC and reloading. It should run OK. I had the same problem too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:13 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've been working on what I've been able to when it comes to critiques from the demo and I think I've more or less fixed everything that I'm able to, so now it's back to the new stuff for me, starting with new ghost house level. These images are actually from the very end in which the player will find themselves on the remains of a weather torn rooftop. You will have to platform across little bits of what remains of old rooms and the support beams. Oddly enough, the bathroom held up pretty well.

Spoiler:

EDIT- Oh right, almost forgot to mention this but that BG is NOT the final BG. I've actually already made the new one, it just isn't in the engine yet.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:07 am 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Wow that levels looks awesome. Though one though I had is that the edges along the walls and everything look surprising clean for a building that's supposed to be "torn up"

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:55 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CouchTomato wrote:
Wow that levels looks awesome. Though one though I had is that the edges along the walls and everything look surprising clean for a building that's supposed to be "torn up"

Yeah, I meant to add that to the post but I forgot, but basically, the level (in terms of the wind gimmick) had been planned, but the design gimmick of the house being torn up was a spur of the moment thing when I made the level last night. So basically, there, as of the time I made the level, were no tiles for it since the visual gimmick hadn't been planned. I do plan on making more fitting tiles for it though.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 pm 
Hello, everyone. I am a new user, and I want to post a bug report for Super Mario Bros. & The Midas Machine. I found it while in the 2nd world, so I put it in a spoiler element below:

Spoiler:

I skimmed this thread for bug reports about the same issue and did not find any, so I don't think anyone else noticed it yet. If it already has been reported, feel free to warn me and let me know how careless I am.

"When ya don't care 'bout somethin', ya "couldn't care less." If ya "could care less," that means ya still care. It ain't that tough. "Couldn't care" means ya don't care. Stop carin' 'bout stuff ya don't care 'bout!" -Mr. Resetti, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:38 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Heh, I don't think you'd get a warning for trying to help us make the game better, even if it had been pointed out.

And just for the record, I don't believe it's been pointed out so you are the first.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:40 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

that lakitu is nothing but trouble

User page at mfgg.net

[bg]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:29 am 
Sprites stylist
[*]
Elyk wrote:

I haven't had too much trouble.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:13 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
mariofan5000 wrote:
Elyk wrote:

I haven't had too much trouble.

I believe he's referring to a very odd glitch we found just before the demo's launch. I don't remember the exact details, but I believe killing Lakitu, waiting for him to respawn, flipping a Spiny (thrown by the second Lakitu), then picking it up would cause the game to crash.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic