Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Midas Machine, Regular dev updates
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Midas Machine (Final Demo)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:20 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

SuperArthurBros wrote:
I played the game, and i can't make a review for it because i got stuck in Toad Town gate.
The only clue i found was in the Mushroom Canyon level. It says that it has something to do with the bush in the Town gate.
I had no idea of what to do to progress, and i gave up. :/

You have to find the secret exit in the Mushroom level to get to the forest.

EDIT: That reminds me, I believe the level's name was changed since the last demo from Mushroom Gorge to Mushroom... something else (don't remember :P), but a character still calls it Mushroom Gorge when they give you a hint.

EDIT 2: It's changed to Mushroom Canyon.

Last edited by Evil Yoshi Toes on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^Sorry to hear that, but you are right, it's not that easy to figure out and I have a feeling many people may get stumped on this. We'll try to figure out a solution to make this situation easier to solve.

You have two options here: one is finding the secret exit in the Mushroom Gorge level:
Spoiler:

The other option requires you to
Spoiler:

As for the other comments and reports, thank you, these have been noted!

EDIT: Ninja'd.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:20 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Toad Town needs jumpthrough slopes. You should also not be able to hit your head on the chimneys when jumping at them from below. If you don't hit your head at the roof how do you hit your head on the chimney? Also, tiles have inverted ceiling slopes, but your engine apparently doesn't.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:59 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
The demo was pretty amazing, though one question: How many hits does that annoying Thwomp boss take?

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^It takes two hits. You need to jump on his head when he comes back up.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:46 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The Windows 8 sound glitch sometimes rears its ugly head in the Retro Run level. It occurs when you're bouncing on a series of springboards and you hit your head on the ceiling, causing the sound to loop over itself and crash the game.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:42 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^Thanks for catching that, noted.

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:21 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Thanks for the answer to that bush secret. :P

There are some few confusing things i found in the game's story:

-How come the Koopas are invading the town's first level but not the center? :P
-During the castle cutscene, it seems that they didn't even saw the Airship up there.
-How the heck does the weather is perfectly clean at the castle outer, but starts a storm in the airship level?

And also, a annoying glitch:
-Cutscenes and pipe transition are very laggy.

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:42 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Thanks for the answer to that bush secret. :P

There are some few confusing things i found in the game's story:

-How come the Koopas are invading the town's first level but not the center? :P
-During the castle cutscene, it seems that they didn't even saw the Airship up there.
-How the heck does the weather is perfectly clean at the castle outer, but starts a storm in the airship level?

And also, a annoying glitch:
-Cutscenes and pipe transition are very laggy.

1. They are causing a distraction further away from the castle so no one will notice the airship. Despite that probably being the reason, that won't be mentioned in game because it only shows up in that one level and it's not worth having a lengthy explanation for it. At most I may have a Toad in one of the houses ponder something bout it "I wonder why these Koopa troops are only hanging out on the far edge of town? It's almost like they are trying to distract us from something...".
2. Simply put, they didn't notice it. Despite seeing it on the OW, it can be assumed that the airship actually comes in while you are talking to Peach/Toadsworth, hence why Luigi panics midway.

Honestly though, it's just because a bright sunny BG wouldn't look as fitting on the doomship, and as much as I'd like ot have a dynamic BG/weather that changes as the cutscene goes, I don't think it'll happen unfortunately.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:07 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Just wondering, is there a way to go back to the first world after completing it, or would you have to start a new game?

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:04 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
You need to beat World 2 to get access to World 3 which serves as a connection between all worlds.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:05 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

DJ Coco wrote:
You need to beat World 2 to get access to World 3 which serves as a connection between all worlds.

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[ph]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 pm 
A fox with class
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
The game is very enjoyable though I still feel it's lacking in some aspects. I also noticed that Takko's watermelon seeds tend to get stuck on slopes and brick blocks (breaking them would cause the seeds to continue moving though). Also, where is the other exit in Shifting Sands? Btw, a more obvious hiding place for the key in Pillar Canopy would be very much appreciated (it's kinda hinted at very vaguely).

Good job overall though :)

Edit:
Remembered some stuff worth noting: In the level with that Lightbulb Takko, Takko seems to go behind blocks rather than in front of them. Probably has something to do with the layer Takko is placed. This occurred when I was at the part with the quicksand. I dunno if it occurs anywhere else. Also, some pipe problems: when Wario uses his fire power while entering the pipe, the fire will appear in front of the pipe. Waluigi, on the other hand, has part of his cap shown before transitioning to the next room when entering a vertical pipe.

Last edited by Myte on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minus World Secret Santa Gifts: 2011- Dane
MFGG Secret Santa Gifts: 2012- McKnackus I ~ 2015-LuNiney ~ 2016-Mors 1 2

Refs drawn/sprited by other MFGG Members:
Doc ~ DragezeeY ~ Friendly Dictator ~ Mit ~ Wiwa

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:56 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Man I've been looking forward to this for ages. Here are some early notes:

Beginning:
-E. Gadd's theme seems way too MIDI-like, especially compared to the rest of the game's soundtrack.

Rain Forest:
-I don't know if this is intentional, but you can kill the shark guy by sliding down one of the slopes. It was like this in the last demo too.
-Bug: Right after the first checkpoint, if you slide down that slope into the water, and continue to hold down as you reach the water, you're stuck in a duck pose and can't get out... you just sink to your death.

Toad Town Gates:
-"Luigi! You have found the Gate Key!" - Use "You've," especially since this is dialogue.
-"...take back my loot that I worked so hard to steal" - should be "take back the loot"

Castle:
-"Yes, this is an unexpected please, how are you doing this fine day?"

Runaway Train intro:
-E. Gadd: "...by yours truely" should be "truly"

Other:
-Wario and Waluigi's DSe face sprites - the rings around their eyes should be cyan, not blue
-I think I mentioned this before, it doesn't make sense for a Paratrooper to just lose its wings when you hit him with a Wario dash. He needs to be knocked back like other enemies, otherwise Paratroopers somehow have the amazing and visually awkward ability to override the Law of Conservation of Momentum.

I don't know why I didn't feel this earlier, but I do feel like the movement speed (or at least the accelaration) could be a little faster. I kept switching between walk and run to make sure the buttons were correct, and then I even loaded up the old demo for comparison (and I think they're the same). Not sure why I feel this now... maybe it's because of Odyssey :P

Edit: The speed doesn't seem to bother me anymore after playing enough. I think it's just a matter of adjustment.

Last edited by CouchTomato on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Final thoughts after finishing the Demo (well maybe I have a few random levels and extra paths left, especially in the desert)...

-Yes, the swimming is still weird. The momentum feels way too strong, not only to the sides, but from gravity.
-Wario should be able to kill piranha plants by charge. Canonically, he only gets hurt by clear spikes. Maybe you guys can add thorny Piranha Plants when you don't want them to be easily killed. One of the main things about Wario is that the fun part about playing him is destroying everything! Otherwise his charge doesn't make up for his otherwise gimped stats. Likewise, I might even argue he should be able to kill Bullet Bills too.
-Waluigi should be able to enter pipes above him when in thin mode. It gets pretty annoying having to time your up command right otherwise.
-Even less levels in the third world in this demo? :( Unless I'm missing something letting me get past the first level...
-Otherwise, the game is still great and lives up to its reputation as a love letter to Mario gaming!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
CouchTomato wrote:
Final thoughts after finishing the Demo (well maybe I have a few random levels and extra paths left, especially in the desert)...

-Yes, the swimming is still weird. The momentum feels way too strong, not only to the sides, but from gravity.

I can't say much on this because thats Guinea's field, but since we've seen so much feedback on the subject, I wouldn't be surprised to see some change.
Quote:
-Wario should be able to kill piranha plants by charge. Canonically, he only gets hurt by clear spikes. Maybe you guys can add thorny Piranha Plants when you don't want them to be easily killed. One of the main things about Wario is that the fun part about playing him is destroying everything! Otherwise his charge doesn't make up for his otherwise gimped stats. Likewise, I might even argue he should be able to kill Bullet Bills too.

I can see where you are coming from. I may have to disagree with Bullet Bills since tackling a bullet general doesn't make much sense. As for the Piranha Plant though, I can agree with that.
Quote:
-Waluigi should be able to enter pipes above him when in thin mode. It gets pretty annoying having to time your up command right otherwise.

I believe that one is actually on the to do list.
Quote:
-Even less levels in the third world in this demo? :( Unless I'm missing something letting me get past the first level...

The main point of the demo was to show some of the changes we've made, not to let you progress even further. Honestly, I wasn't even aware that 3-1 was going to be in the game to begin with (Wish I had known, I would have finished up the new BG for it). Of course Guinea probably told me it would be and I just wasn't paying attention.
Quote:
-Otherwise, the game is still great and lives up to its reputation as a love letter to Mario gaming!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:58 pm 
D:
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Also tell Guinea to please, please fix the Wario charge into Paratrooper thing. I don't know why, but that bugs me more than anything else I mentioned :P

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:42 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I've already made mention of it and I'm sure he's seen/is seeing it in this topic so It'll most likely make it's way on to the to do list.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:47 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Also tell Guinea to please, please fix the Wario charge into Paratrooper thing. I don't know why, but that bugs me more than anything else I mentioned :P

Duly noted :)
As for the other issues mentioned, I think Chaoxys answered those. Swimming is one of the things that I'm myself not happy with, so that will be reworked, definitely.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:45 pm 
gold mario forever
Hello everybody!! i'm new in the forum, and i like it so much the site. There are amazing fangames here.Keep it up the great work on this project. I don't know i have posted on the correct thread, move it please. Greetings!!! :)

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic