Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Midas Machine, Regular dev updates
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Midas Machine
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:00 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Did you crash the Microsoft show as promised?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
MarioBrosFan2010 wrote:
Speaking of E3, how was your experience?

I don't want to go too off topic, so I'll just say that it was fun, but something that I don't think I'd want to do again any time soon. The lines were massive so I hardly got to play anything, but the scenery was amazing.

bigpotato wrote:
Did you crash the Microsoft show as promised?

Nah, their conference was earlier than I expected.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:44 pm 
[*]
[*]
Here's hoping that our "E3" will be just as amazing (No long lines means everyone can play the games).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:25 pm 
Is there going to be any kind of post-game content? Bonus worlds, new mode, etc.

Another thing, will there be a customizable resolution in the final game? Hoping so.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It's a bit up in the air on post game content. I want to have a bonus world consisting of mini level based around concepts I couldn't fit in other areas. If nothing else, I have plans for a final level I want to make.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:45 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Gotta say, can't wait for the release date this year. Didn't this project start in 2010/11?

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:13 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
DR. Demon Lizardman wrote:
Gotta say, can't wait for the release date this year. Didn't this project start in 2010/11?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves on the release date thing. That said, I do feel as though the game will be finished this year, but it's a large game, and will require a lot of testing and polish.

That said, I'm down to the final 3 levels (not counting post game stuff I may do, and any little tweaks I have to make to other levels).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Just a heads up, I'm working on a big level (one of the last ones), hence the lack of updates, sorry.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:29 am 
Pretty much the last question/questions I have that I can think of, but these questions kinda mix into each other, so how long will it take to 100% with how the game looks like now and will there be a bonus for it?

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Can't say for sure. It will most likely take some time since theres a lot of gold Mushrooms to collect, although the bulk of the game is designed so you can beat everything in a single run without having to find all of them, so in the end, it just depends on how much you want to do.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:42 am 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I feel like next time a project this big is undertaken, it should be released world-by-world kinda like the Batman Telltale series

[at]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 am 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
^Was already that way, we decided to not do it that way. After the release of "episode 1", we changed almost all of world 1 thanks to feedback we got from that and where's the point in episodic releases if you'd have to replay everything so far?

But you are right, if I was going back to the drawing board, planning a game of this scope, I would go for an episodic format, in particular if the story were the main driver of the game. (Or just make a smaller game to begin with). But ultimately, Midas Machine does not lend itself to the episodic format, since we're not working on it linearly and all the worlds and levels influence each other during development. There are just too many moments when we come up with a great joke or easter egg or gameplay element that would work perfectly in an earlier world, and with episodic releases all of that would be lost.

Comparing the first demo and the last demo (check old youtube videos for example), I'm pretty happy that we abandoned the episodic format. World 1 is objectively much better now. On top of that, even if we had settled for the episodic structure it would have just relocated the problem. You'd have played the first X worlds right now but the last Y worlds would still not be out, and you'd have played inferior versions of these first X worlds so far. Episodic structure only works when the game is designed around that from the beginning.

As for the status of development: I'm on vacation right now (away from my development machine), and there's quite some stuff going on at my job right now, so I don't have much time for Midas Machine. Since my job makes me money, and Midas Machine gets me at best a cease and desist, please understand my priorities in where I put my time first. But it's a desire of mine to get it done, so it will be done. Watch the TV show meanwhile, if you want closure.

Last but not least, thank you all for your continued support and interest. I can't wait to show you the full thing :)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:18 am 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I remember being blown away by world 1 when it was released a few years ago (especially the boss with the music notes) so I'm really excited to see how it's improved!

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:35 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Minor update from me, just finished another level, meaning I'm down to the last... 2 levels I think? Keep in mind, thats not counting small touch ups I want to add in past levels, as well as a post game level I have planned.

User page at mfgg.net

[ie]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:40 am 
thanks, neweegee!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
nice! gasp! does that mean midas machine full game is nearly out?!?

my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pu2NplrfCUbTxE_zyHITQ

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 pm 
No, because testing.

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 am 
Seer of Doom
[*]
I'm so anxious! But I'll wait nonetheless. I know how much testing is needed as the difference between a good game and a better game.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 pm 
12 years god help me
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Poudink wrote:
No, because testing.

TBH I'd prefer it to be released sooner rather than later, with bugfixes released over time

It's not being put on a cartridge or anything so I don't think there's any reason to subject it to extensive bug testing before it can be released

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 am 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Testing in this case is mainly to find any game breaking bugs and stuff like that. Like making sure all doors and warp pipes are connected properly. Sure we can fix little things later one, but we want to make sure major game breaking stuff is out of the way.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:33 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Real update this time. Can't say much about this level, can't even show the BG (because I haven't made it yet, but even if I had made it, I still wouldn't show it due to the nature of it). All I can say is that this level does NOT take place in space, at least, not outer space...

This level focuses on tight platforming. The only real gimmick in this level is the Dopplegreeder that is following the whole time.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next  [ 689 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic