Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 151 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Mariovania, Mario game in metroidvania style
 [pl]
 Post subject: Re: Mariovania
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
New Mario sprites look so cool, that I made this fancy fx to make some of them even more cool :cool:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:23 pm 
I really love your project. I would love to do an intro animated commercial for it that you can release on youtube for the final game. Check out my portfolio animation samples: https://youtu.be/0n7zqtWBf-o

PM me if you like the idea!

EDIT: Is there a reason why I can't select any of the options on the main title? I can move up and down but cnanot press enter.

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:31 pm 
[*]
The new Mario sprites are a massive improvement over the old ones. Lanky SMB3 Mario was a deal-breaker for me before. I'll have to check this out now.

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:34 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
UPDATED!
1.2.4 changelog:
-new sprites for Mario (some might change), Koopa Troopas, Para-Goombas, "Goomba boss" and Goomba sage
-Shadow Suit and Boo Garb got cool new effects
-Boo Garb looks so cool now, that it was buffed from 1/5 to 1/3
-fixed a bug, where Mario rotated in wrong direction after cape jump (a side effect of direction changes introduced few versions ago)
-you will now be able to play the game even if your graphic card doesn't support shaders (one person had this problem)

xcyper33 wrote:
EDIT: Is there a reason why I can't select any of the options on the main title? I can move up and down but cnanot press enter.
Jump button is used to accept (defaults to Left Control, see readme)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:14 pm 
[*]
I'm sorry, that I did not say it correctly. I meant that it would be more Mario esque to use flower instead of magic, because it is the method used in Paper Mario 1 and 2, Flower points instead of magic points. (You can see on the screen that it says FP) I didn't mean that Mario actually used flowers, sorry.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:13 am 
When I get into the castle at the beginning th egame lags something awful --WHy?

Also, there is NO sound. Why is this game so bugged for me?!

[pl]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:49 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
xcyper33 wrote:
I really love your project. I would love to do an intro animated commercial for it that you can release on youtube for the final game.
If you'd love to make this, I can't stop you, right? >_>
Wouldn't it be better to make a trailer that shows the actual game, tho? If you make the commercial anyways, I'll surely use it and credit you properly.

Rocky wrote:
<flowers>
That makes more sense, but still, it would require me to replace "mana" in every instance to "flower points" or something. Also, flower points in Paper Mario don't have a visual bar AFAIK, unlike the mana.
The magic would probably still be called magic, because what would be the other name? Flower power? Special moves?

xcyper33 wrote:
When I get into the castle at the beginning th egame lags something awful --WHy?
This might be the bug that happens for some people. It has something to do with graphic cards and OpenGL, I don't really know what causes it, sorry. It's not really common though, so you can try different PC if you have one.

xcyper33 wrote:
Also, there is NO sound. Why is this game so bugged for me?!
First time hear of this. Check the sound mixer to see if Mariovania isn't muted for some reason. If it's not this, then I don't know :<

btw, Life Suit was replaced with Doctor's Apron:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:11 am 
I need some help here, i'v been trying to progress in the weapons factory but i just can't seem to move on any further... i can't seem to run up the ramp by the firebro and run up the wall... How am i supposed to use it? Am i missing a relic? if so, where do i go to get it? i'v covered the map top to bottom and can't find a way to get past this...

[pl]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:34 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
^
You are supposed to backtrack at the factory. There's a relic next to the warp pipe, which allows you to get another relic. Then you can go into new sub-area and new area, where you eventually get Cape to explore factory further.
First go to Entrance to the starting room next to castle wall and use double jump there.
Wall jump allows you to access higher areas of the garden.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:11 pm 
Well, i have reviewed the game, currently it awaits moderator approval. But there was two things i forgot to mention in the review so i thought i would quickly mention them here:

-I'v noticed some spelling mistakes here and there. Such as Snifits being called Snifts. Just a minor thing but i thought i'd let you know.

-The game could REALLY use some invincibility frames..

It's been a long and fun ride!

[pl]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:55 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
KooplissKoopa wrote:
Snifits being called Snifts.
:huh:

Apparently, I was wrong this whole time ;_;
(if you remember some more obvious spelling "mistakes", you could write them here, so I can fix it)

KooplissKoopa wrote:
-The game could REALLY use some invincibility frames..
There ARE invincibility frames. You get 30 frames from most enemies, but this value may vary. Though that might be not enough, as it's probably less than for landing on ground from knockback.
I didn't see a problem with it, but an item increasing iframes might be an option here.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:40 am 
I can't really remember any more spelling mistakes at the moment.

About the Iframes thing, that would be great. I cannot even count the amount of times an enemy has backed me into a corner and killed me because i couldn't move due to constant damage. This is mainly a problem with fast enemies like the spiny cheep-cheep and Ninjis.. also it appears that with this, in one of the rooms in the abyss you can be hit for at least 200 or so damage by lil'sparkies while your still coming out of a pipe. The Iframes are a serious problem for me. So either an increase of them, or an item that can increase them would be amazing.

[pl]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:50 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sooo, update! (1.2.5)
-Tweaks to Athlete Suit, Magic Armor and Thor's Cloak
-Life Suit was replaced by Doctor's Apron (visually)
-new sprites for Titan, Panzer Bettle, Buzzy Beetle, Rex, Cheep-Cheep, Chain-Cheep and Spiny Cheep-Cheep
-added filter when loading images, so auto-generated files, like thumbs.db, won't crash the game now
-renamed Snifts to Snifits
-added an item increasing iframes

That item replaces one of the coins in Distorted Pipeline.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:15 pm 
Quick Question, is there any easy way of killing Titans? I only ask as i'v noticed they have a drop but... i kinda can't farm it considering it took me 30 or so minutes to kill just one (Via jumping and Clock)

[pl]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:30 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
KooplissKoopa wrote:
Quick Question, is there any easy way of killing Titans?
Yes, there's a special weapon specifically to kill them. It's part of a "sidequest" for ultimate weapons.
The "quest chain" unlocks when you encounter a blurry, flying enemy. A poster appears in the shop to give you a hint what to do. It used to be much more obscure, but I added few hints. You probably missed it somehow (since Clock is a part of this).

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 pm 
I have already defeated the "Blurry enemy" and the poster has just kinda disappeared... i was expecting toad to do some dialogue or something but nothing. the poster just kinda disappeared and that was it.

[pl]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:58 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
If it really was like that, then it's a bug. Toad is supposed to give you a hint about a golden enemy, which is found somewhere at Goomba Halls.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 am 
[*]
I am having the same problem as Koopliss. Also, I went to grab the life mushroom next to the star expansion in the library and I got attack by two eerie walls coming at me from both sides.

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Ok, so... >_>
I checked this poster again and it should work. When you have the proper entry in the bestiary, just approach the Shop Toad and a dialogue will start.
If you are absolutely sure it didn't happen, maybe give me your save files and I will investigate. They are in "%USERPROFILE%/.mygames/mariovania".

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:28 pm 
Whelp, my review is finally out. i really enjoyed reviewing it, playing it and talking with ya. Until the next update.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 151 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic