Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 151 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Mariovania, Mario game in metroidvania style
 [pl]
 Post subject: Re: Mariovania
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:25 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Timmaaaa wrote:
Hi, really interested in playing this game but I cannot seem to get Joy2Key to work for movement.
Did you try to assign controller keys directly? AFAIK, the library I use supports gamepads, so you should be able to set you controls in the config without 3rd party software. (I didn't test it personally, tho)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:11 pm 
Great Time Champion
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Timmaaaa wrote:
Hi, really interested in playing this game but I cannot seem to get Joy2Key to work for movement. All the other actions work but movement. I have tried assigning movement to keys other than the arrow keys (WASD for example).

Has anyone else had a similar problem or know a work around?

Try changing "keyboard emulation mode" from default to alternate 2.

Image | Image | Image | Image
Profiles
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image | Image

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 pm 
Ulquiorra wrote:
Timmaaaa wrote:
Hi, really interested in playing this game but I cannot seem to get Joy2Key to work for movement.
Did you try to assign controller keys directly? AFAIK, the library I use supports gamepads, so you should be able to set you controls in the config without 3rd party software. (I didn't test it personally, tho)

Whoops, you're right, the native gamepad support works in-game (not for the title screen menu though?)

Anyways the game is really great, with some nice humor thrown in. Great little love letter to Mario and Igavania fans.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

-Tim

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:49 pm 
YouTube Entertainer
I think I accidentally softlocked the controls, how do I reset them?

What happened was I set the Jump Button to a button on my xbox360 controller, when I tried to change it to another button it kept glitching so I closed the game out to restart, since it wouldn't even let me out of the config screen. On reset I found I could not press a single button or key to start the game, the arrow keys still worked but now I cant get past the title screen.
If I could reset the controls to default I think that would fix it, I've tried
[*]Reinstalling the game fresh
[*]Deleting temp data for the game
[*]placing the game in a different directory
[*]searching the registry for the game to edit the values

The config for the game's controls and even saves are in a bizarre place I cant seem to locate.

HELP!

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:24 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Save files and config are located at "%USERPROFILE%/.mygames/mariovania". Keep in mind that config file holds information whether you unlocked bonus modes, so if you completed the game, you can't reset controls without losing progress (you are safe if you still didn't complete it, though completing it again on old save should fix it too). I know it's stupid, I'll have to change it for next release. I'm also going to add a better gamepad support, but I need a gamepad to test it, so you'd have to wait.

Also, sorry for lack of updates in last months, but bigpotato didn't send me any more sprites since the last one, so I don't really have anything to add there :/

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
...and he'd like you to know he feels really bad about that. MFGG, if you see me making any unrelated sprites before I fulfill my commitment to Ulquiorra, please yell at me until I stop. Thank you.

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:52 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Aaand the update has arrived!

1.2.8:
-game has now native gamepad support
-config file doesn't contain your progress now
-Bloody Boots description tweak
-Barret looks muuuuuch better now
-fixed an exploit with Swap that allowed you to get infinite rewards in Boss Rush
-updated Ruby and libraries

Some notes:
Gamepad support was poor before this version. There were some hard-coded buttons that couldn't be changed in options. Now everything uses your defined keys, expect one instance. When you run the game, the "Press Enter" text appears as before, but also, you have an option to press Start on your gamepad. This will activate a separate control scheme, which is configured for gamepads. You can change schemes every time you enter main menu (so the Press Enter text shows), and modifying controls in options will modify the currently selected scheme.

The gamepad scheme was created with XBox controller. I have no idea how the game behaves with other type of controllers, if the buttons are mapped in the same way etc. Because of this, button names in options are quite cryptic. If someone confirms that non-XBox gamepads have the same controls, I can change that to actual names.

Default controls go like this:
Jump - A
Magic (legacy Run) - B
Weapon - X
Spin Jump - Y
Menu - Start
Map - Select
Run - L2
Swap - R2
(L2/R2 are also used as PageUp/PageDown in bestiary, which isn't stated in game, because PgUp/Dn are bitmaps and I'm lazy)

Another important change is that now config and progress (save-independent, like unlocked boss rush) are stored in separate files. Upon first load, game will import your old config and convert it to the new format (you might want to backup it, I take no responsibility if it fails xd). You can then safely delete config file to restore default config (or delete progress to reset your progress, lol). Remember that they are stored in "%USERPROFILE%/.mygames/mariovania" on Windows.

From technical side, Ruby and used libraries were updated, which means that game might run smoother or something. I'm not sure if Integer class existed before, so Linux/Mac users might need to update their Ruby to 2.4.

Well, that's it. Please report any issues with this update (including proposed changes to gamepad defaults, if any).

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:00 pm 
YouTube Entertainer
Ulquiorra wrote:
Aaand the update has arrived!

1.2.8:
-game has now native gamepad support
-config file doesn't contain your progress now
-Bloody Boots description tweak
-Barret looks muuuuuch better now
-fixed an exploit with Swap that allowed you to get infinite rewards in Boss Rush
-updated Ruby and libraries

Some notes:
Gamepad support was poor before this version. There were some hard-coded buttons that couldn't be changed in options. Now everything uses your defined keys, expect one instance. When you run the game, the "Press Enter" text appears as before, but also, you have an option to press Start on your gamepad. This will activate a separate control scheme, which is configured for gamepads. You can change schemes every time you enter main menu (so the Press Enter text shows), and modifying controls in options will modify the currently selected scheme.

The gamepad scheme was created with XBox controller. I have no idea how the game behaves with other type of controllers, if the buttons are mapped in the same way etc. Because of this, button names in options are quite cryptic. If someone confirms that non-XBox gamepads have the same controls, I can change that to actual names.

Default controls go like this:
Jump - A
Magic (legacy Run) - B
Weapon - X
Spin Jump - Y
Menu - Start
Map - Select
Run - L2
Swap - R2
(L2/R2 are also used as PageUp/PageDown in bestiary, which isn't stated in game, because PgUp/Dn are bitmaps and I'm lazy)

Another important change is that now config and progress (save-independent, like unlocked boss rush) are stored in separate files. Upon first load, game will import your old config and convert it to the new format (you might want to backup it, I take no responsibility if it fails xd). You can then safely delete config file to restore default config (or delete progress to reset your progress, lol). Remember that they are stored in "%USERPROFILE%/.mygames/mariovania" on Windows.

From technical side, Ruby and used libraries were updated, which means that game might run smoother or something. I'm not sure if Integer class existed before, so Linux/Mac users might need to update their Ruby to 2.4.

Well, that's it. Please report any issues with this update (including proposed changes to gamepad defaults, if any).

Thank you, I'm happy to see this update came through. I think I may do some playthroughs of this game for my YouTube channel.
One question, :confused: Is the updated game in the true download link on page one of this thread?

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
CCtheComedicCommentator wrote:
One question, :confused: Is the updated game in the true download link on page one of this thread?
Sorry, I didn't notice that question. Yes, every time I update the game, you can download the new version from the same link on first page.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 pm 
YouTube Entertainer
Great game, I love it. Just one problem. When I close out of the game I get this error message:
(I cant show a screenshot because none of the stlye buttons will work and I've tried, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox)
"rubyw.exe - Fail Fast Exception
A fail fast exception occured. Exception handlers will not be invoked
and the process will be termined immediately."

That error also occurs within 2 hours of gameplay without warning, causing unsaved data to be lost. I was planning of featuring your game on my YouTube channel but until this is fixed I can't simply because this error makes if difficult to record gameplay due to the fact the game could crash at a moments notice.

Specs:
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU Dual Core 1.90Ghz
RAM: 6GB (5.88GB Usable)
Virtual memory: 75GB

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:59 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Uh, first time I see this. Did a crash log.txt appear? What is your graphic card? (not that it helps, because seems like system error or something)

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 151 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic