Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 151 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Mariovania, Mario game in metroidvania style
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: Mariovania
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:02 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, regarding the Goombfalloon: you said it's supposed to be fought later in the game, right? Well, it was the next one available to me this run, when the last boss I fought was P-cus Ultimatus. So yeah, you should probably block that off.

[pl]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
UPDATE!
-music Boss A renamed to original name: Decisive Battle
-fixed Sound Test which (possibly) didn't show the original game name on case-sensitive systems
-Goombfaloon is blocked until later in game
-Orobunagi's max speed now depends on its current hp
-"quest line" for ultimate weapons got more dialogues, to make it less... obscure
-Hyper and Ultra Mushroom names swapped
-fixed a bug that occured when you sold last item from the list
-star talizman is more obvious to get
-Necrokoopa is now stronger later in game (well, it was already, but now has bigger numbers too)
-^also, his projectiles are now slower with weaker version, and they home for shorter time
-Koopa Giant description changed slightly
-a sound now plays if you try to access an entry for enemy you didn't yet kill

No new sprites this time :( (I actually should've uploaded this long ago)

I thought about adding a laser sight for Sniper Koopas, but then I realized that their crosshair always appears on their position, so you can see which direction it comes from. I'm still not sure about it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:28 pm 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Quote:
-Orobunagi's max speed now depends on its current hp

Great, that should make it much better.

Now, I really think you might want to consider tweaking the Twomp Destroyer. You don't need to change it fundamentally, but it shoots too many different kinds of projectiles at once. I think either some kinds of projectiles should be removed, or their use should be more compartmentalized.

Personally, if I were you, I would just get rid of every weapon that isn't the laser weapon. It would be just as menacing without the annoyance of difficult to dodge projectiles while you're trying to run away from the Destroyer itself.

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:34 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I gave it a go today, and from what I've played so far, it seemed interesting and kind of entertaining. I like the music and how there is an enemy index in it. However though, it seems that I have encountered a very bad bug in the game. When I tried to load my save file, the game will just crash and erase my save file, therefore I would have to then start over from the beginning. I hope you'll be able to fix this, since I'd like to see more, and I'm not sure if I could be able to complete the entire game in just one sitting, considering how long the game seems to be after looking at some of the comments made on this topic.

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:34 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
^
Did a file named "crash log.txt" appear? If so, sending it would help to fix the issue.

Also, did you save in Save Room or via suspend option? There's no way to delete a save file, other than deleting it from save menu or manually, so no idea how would that happen.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:01 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yes, a file did appear. Here's what's inside it (a few words are changed, but they shouldn't really matter):

Quote:
Permission denied @ unlink_internal - data/save0s
C:/Mariovania/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:21:in `delete'
C:/Mariovania/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:21:in `initialize'
C:/Mariovania/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:1845:in `new'
C:/Mariovania/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:1845:in `update'
C:/Users/---/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr1153.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:34:in `update'
C:/Users/---/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr1153.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/---/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr1153.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/---/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr1153.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:71:in `<main>'

I saved with the suspend option.

User page at mfgg.net

[pl]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
You placed the game on C:/Mariovania. Directories on C:/ have restricted access (I think since Windows 8 or so), that applies especially to deleting.
To fix this, either place the game inside your user directory (can be desktop or documents etc.) or run as admin.

For more details on the bug, suspend is and option to interrupt your gameplay. You can save only in save rooms, but you might have an urgent need to close the game, and if you are far from save, you'd lose your progress. That's why you can suspend the game to continue it later where you had to exit.
Now, suspended save is temporary. It gets deleted when you continue the game. However, in your case, you didn't have system privileges to delete the file, so the game crashed. Inside the main save file, there's an internal information if there was a saved session (now that I think of it, it wasn't needed). This information gets deleted before the file, which means, that your save still exists, but the game lost information about it's existence. To restore such file, first locate it (data/save0s in your case), make a copy and suspend game again. Replace the new session file with the old one and load session to restore it (this is a way to cheat btw).

From my side, all I can do is moving save files to separate folder in user directory. Or at least preserve the session information if file doesn't get deleted. But it's such a rare and harmless (main save file is safe) case, this is not really needed.

Well, that's how it looks. You could ignore everything after first paragraph, because you don't have to be interested about it :v

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:28 am 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Quote:
From my side, all I can do is moving save files to separate folder in user directory.

That would probably be a good idea. Other than this, it would also mean you can upgrade the game without having to remember to keep the save files intact.

I'd suggest choosing a directory that begins with a ".", e.g. ".mariovania", or better yet making it a sub-directory of ".config" (after creating that if necessary), so ".config/mariovania". That's a useful thing to do because such directories are hidden on Unix-like systems (Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, etc), and it doesn't hurt anything on Windows.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:58 am 
first, i am sorry my english is not good.

i played this game and completed it about 60%.
this game is one of the greatest game i have ever played.

but i met a bug so i cannot go through goombfalloon.
when i get the 1-up mushroom goombfalloon dropped, game always crashes.

this is the crash log. my OS is windows 7.

undefined method `delete_if' for nil:NilClass
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/system.rb:1322:in `delete_item'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/objects.rb:34:in `update'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:112:in `block in update'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:112:in `each'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:112:in `update'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr90C2.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:34:in `update'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr90C2.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr90C2.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr90C2.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:71:in `<main>'

[pl]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:17 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
^
This bug appeared when I added item marks for map. Apparently, 1-UP Mushroom gets marked on the map, but falls one square below, and when collected, it tries to remove itself from map square where it didn't exist D:

Anyways, here's the patch that fixes this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc4c9x9e9 ... _Patch.zip
(just unzip into game's dir)

This patch also includes changes to save files. They are now stored in "<user>/.mygames/mariovania". Old saves are automatically transferred there.

Main file will be patched in 15 minutes (uploading right now).

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:55 pm 
a new bug occured. cannot execute the game .exe file. it crashes.

uninitialized constant MainMenu::FileUtils
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:1681:in `initialize'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/system.rb:956:in `new'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/system.rb:956:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8DD.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:48:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8DD.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8DD.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr8DD.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:71:in `<main>'

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:53 pm 
when loading quick save file, game crashed. before kamek.

uninitialized constant Game::HOME
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:26:in `initialize'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:1814:in `new'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:1814:in `update'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr3083.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:34:in `update'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr3083.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr3083.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-AppData/Local/Temp/ocr3083.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:71:in `<main>'

[pl]
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:11 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Sorry ;_;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc4c9x9e9 ... _Patch.zip

(I forgot to update the exe, after I added utility for new save features)
(second bug was caused by save changes too, hopefully it won't happen again)

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:03 am 
thank you for removing bugs

here is new bug. wizard necklace doesn't work.

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:10 am 
new bug

undefined method `delete_if' for nil:NilClass
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/system.rb:1341:in `delete_item'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/objects.rb:526:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:423:in `block (2 levels) in draw'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:423:in `each'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:423:in `block in draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrF81E.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:124:in `translate'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrF81E.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:124:in `block (2 levels) in <class:Window>'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:422:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrF81E.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:48:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrF81E.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrF81E.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocrF81E.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:71:in `<main>'

[pl]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:22 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
zaza wrote:
thank you for removing bugs
Thanks for reporting then ;)

zaza wrote:
here is new bug. wizard necklace doesn't work.
Fixed for next patch.

However, I can't seem to reproduce your second bug. Which room did it happen in exactly?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I think I fixed it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bc4c9x9e9 ... _Patch.zip
If it still happens though, tell me in which room.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:54 pm 
>>However, I can't seem to reproduce your second bug. Which room did it happen in exactly?

the distortion dimension where breakable walls exist before the core

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:19 am 
when breaking second the breakable block, the game crashed.

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:12 am 
selecting a warp point, the game crashed.

undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/objects.rb:288:in `block in draw'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/objects.rb:288:in `each'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/objects.rb:288:in `find'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/objects.rb:288:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:421:in `block (2 levels) in draw'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:421:in `each'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:421:in `block in draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr65EA.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:124:in `translate'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr65EA.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:124:in `block (2 levels) in <class:Window>'
C:/Users/-/Downloads/Mariovania/data/scripts/game.rb:420:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr65EA.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:48:in `draw'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr65EA.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr65EA.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/gosu-0.10.7-x86-mingw32/lib/gosu/patches.rb:135:in `tick'
C:/Users/-/AppData/Local/Temp/ocr65EA.tmp/src/mariovania-win32.rb:71:in `<main>'

[zz]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:09 pm 
new bug:damage of magic rainb'o doesnt vary. it is constantly 20.

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 151 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic