Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 

Which suit should be Marisa's "Fire Flower"-typed Super Item?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Reimu (Attack: SWR Fantasy Orb) 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Yuki from TH5 (Attack: her final spell card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oCUsvqPtDI (11:05)) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

[zz]
 Post subject: Re: Super Marisa World FUSION (working title)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:43 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Thank you very much.
It really means a lot to me, if I get feedback from people, who are longer in that fangame creating schtick than I am.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:44 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
Bad news.
It seems that the NCFC staff was completely incompetent, because the entry did NOT linked to the booth I have created, and thus, nobody could download it.
Also, I'm thinking about putting this game into hiatus, because I cannot contact any of my spriters, and it seems that nobody f***ing cares about this game anyway, since I saw absolutely NOBODY, who had commented about the demo or has left feedback.
That's all I have to say right now!

I noticed it on the beginning of NCFC, but I thought you were still busy with the booth and therefore wanted to prevent us from accessing it yet. That's horrible from the staff, I expected them to check content better than that. I did play this game though and it's pretty good, I don't think you should put it on hiatus, because we do care about your game!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:02 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
WreckingGoomba wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Bad news.
It seems that the NCFC staff was completely incompetent, because the entry did NOT linked to the booth I have created, and thus, nobody could download it.
Also, I'm thinking about putting this game into hiatus, because I cannot contact any of my spriters, and it seems that nobody f***ing cares about this game anyway, since I saw absolutely NOBODY, who had commented about the demo or has left feedback.

I noticed it on the beginning of NCFC, but I thought you were still busy with the booth and therefore wanted to prevent us from accessing it yet. That's horrible from the staff, I expected them to check content better than that. I did play this game though and it's pretty good, I don't think you should put it on hiatus, because we do care about your game!

Ah, thanks to let me know that.
However, my game cannot progress much anyway, since I cannot contact any of my spriters, sadly.
For those, who are interested: They are EvilMariobot and Kirbio, both from Fusion Gameworks, from where I was permabanned because I have left honest feedback.
Since I cannot contact them through that forum, I have sent Cap'n Coconuts a PM, where I ask him for the e-mail address of the two, but I still didn't got a response, sadly...

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:11 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Have you tried creating a new account?

Spoiler:

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:12 pm 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Have you tried creating a new account?

Um, do not encourage him to do so. Most forums have a rule set by their respective staff members forbidding duplicate accounts.

TrinitroMan wrote:
WreckingGoomba wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
Bad news.

Ah, thanks to let me know that.
However, my game cannot progress much anyway, since I cannot contact any of my spriters, sadly.
For those, who are interested: They are EvilMariobot and Kirbio, both from Fusion Gameworks, from where I was permabanned because I have left honest feedback.
Since I cannot contact them through that forum, I have sent Cap'n Coconuts a PM, where I ask him for the e-mail address of the two, but I still didn't got a response, sadly...

On the subject of your booth, its not the staff, its you. Don't go blaming the staff for your incompetence unless you have sufficient evidence that the staff acted in an incompetent way. They have been more than ready to answer your questions if you took the time to approach them with your problem. The problem is easily fixable as you should have used the NCFC Designer option which sends you to a list of fields to fill out, which also includes the option to externally link your submission. Also on the point regarding your inability to contact your spriters, when you are banned, most of the time, its your fault. Due to your track record there on Fusion Gameworks, they have every reason to ban you because of the way you deliver your message across. Live with the consequences of your actions on Fusion Gameworks and your inaction on NCFC and move on from there. You might as well find a new spriter to go bother if those people you mentioned aren't either active on here or even members of this forum.

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:36 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
DarkSideStrike wrote:
On the subject of your booth, its not the staff, its you.

Sorry, but you are wrong.
I filled in all the needed empty spaces (description, download, screenshots, yadda yadda), and then I clicked on "Submit Booth".
However, when I did that, nothing happened, but when I checked out the "My submissions" page, it said that my booth was indeed accepted.
So yeah, if it's not my fault, then it is the fault of my browser (FireFox), but even then: I thought the staff would make sure that the booth submission would work on most browsers...
If the booth submission wouldn't work in FireFox, they should have at least WARNED everyone about it.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:17 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Ok, I played it again. And I just think it feels a lot like a Hello Clone. Really, when I first played this I had big exceptions. But after finishing the second level, I just closed it and said, "Well, it's just a Hello Clone.". But today, I understand it's actually not.
First of all, the title screen is very empty and feels extremely similar to BuzznBen's Super Mario 20XX games, just like rest of the game. You should add some stuff and change the file selection box (to feel different than other Hello Clones). The graphics are also not appealing at all, they are SMB3 graphics without any decorations. For an example:
Imageyour screenshot lol
You used two different types of ground tiles, and a bad edit of SMB3 blocks. Notice there are no decorations.
Well, these are actually SMB1 tiles but the level looks very familiar, maybe because we have seen these tiles 200000 times.
Do you really think these pixelated blocks look good? Also I died once because of that note block. :blank:
And also level design is a very big problem. Levels are made of some different parts, thats something usually done by people new to level designing.

However I loved that fireflower idea, hud, story, messageboxes and some sprites. And yeah, it's actually promising!

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to differentiate my game from the other Hello Clones as mcuh as possible.
Mors wrote:
First of all, the title screen is very empty and feels extremely similar to BuzznBen's Super Mario 20XX games, just like rest of the game. You should add some stuff and change the file selection box (to feel different than other Hello Clones). The graphics are also not appealing at all, they are SMB3 graphics without any decorations. For an example:
Imageyour screenshot lol
You used two different types of ground tiles, and a bad edit of SMB3 blocks. Notice there are no decorations.

Eh, that really was just a lame excuse to use these rectangular boxes, since they wouldn't look that good on the grassy uneven ground (lots of holes). But yeah, I have replaced the wooden ground with and edit of an other ground, which blends well with the main grassy ground.
Also, by all means, while I do try to find more original graphics, I also want the graphic style to be as SMB3 as possible while also following the most recent designs, because SMB3 is my favorite graphics style for Jump'n'Runs (M&L-style sprites are more fitting for M&L-styled games and SSB-esque games).
I will also take the titlescreen feedback in mind, although the whole thing there is in a very early state (the title itself, scrolling text instead of showing the text in the style of the Touhou Hisouten intro, file selection only). In the final game, I also plan on adding minigames, and some of them would be then also selectable from the title screen (such as Coincentration, oh, and by the way, Coincentration is now confirmed).
Mors wrote:
Well, these are actually SMB1 tiles but the level looks very familiar, maybe because we have seen these tiles 200000 times.

Yep, that level really looks familiar, but it's not because of the sprites, but because I really took inspirations from the original SMB underground levels (not only 1-2), while still trying to be its own thing, since from what it looks like, I guess this level would be the only one to use these SMB1 tiles.
Mors wrote:
Do you really think these pixelated blocks look good? Also I died once because of that note block. :blank:

I originally didn't saw any problems, but I can see now, where you're going at. Updated.
And about the noteblock...man, I have no idea, why I made them invisible, so I just made them visible again. I hope that would decrease the amount of accidental deaths...
Mors wrote:
And also level design is a very big problem. Levels are made of some different parts, thats something usually done by people new to level designing.

Uhm...what do you mean with different parts?
Well, most Mario levels also consist of more than one room, if it's that what you mean.
Mors wrote:
However I loved that fireflower idea, hud, story, messageboxes and some sprites. And yeah, it's actually promising!

Thanks, glad that you liked it. Regarding the sprites, it's a big mix up.
The Marisa sprites and the sprites of the first Touhou boss (I wont spoil the name just yet) were sprited by EvilMariobot from Fusion Fangaming. The fairy sprites and Sphere Doomer sprites were done by Kirbio, also from Fusion Fangaming.
Those two are also one of the reasons why development became more slow: I cannot contact them anymore, since I'm permabanned from Fusion Fangaming because of my honest feedback, and Cap'n Coconuts sadly is ignoring my PM at MFGG...
However, some SMB3 edits were done by SuperArthurBros, Squishy Rex, and even by me.
That Lakitu and Spiney edit, for example, is my own edit, because Lakitu&Spiney were one of the very few cases, where their SMB sprites did not looked that good.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:54 am 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I think what he meant by "different parts" is that you're using different kind of round tiles in a single level; one of the screens above show green grass and wood tiles in the same screen.

I yhink you should work a bit on the graphics too. They are unedited Hello Engine tileset and background graphics.
It clashes a bit with the edited ones, look at the coin sprites and the rest.

Spoiler:

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:34 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
I think what he meant by "different parts" is that you're using different kind of round tiles in a single level; one of the screens above show green grass and wood tiles in the same screen.

I yhink you should work a bit on the graphics too. They are unedited Hello Engine tileset and background graphics.
It clashes a bit with the edited ones, look at the coin sprites and the rest.

Actually, not everything is unedited. There are some edited tiles as well.
Also, I made sure that everything is at least in the style of Super Mario All-Star Edition (the official game on SNES, not the fangame).

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:56 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Exactly. Level 3 is a perfect example, it starts like a level based on Nipper Plants then changes to a sky level.
TrinitroMan wrote:
Also, I made sure that everything is at least in the style of Super Mario All-Star Edition (the official game on SNES, not the fangame).

TrinitroMan wrote:
Super Mario All-Star Edition
What?

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:07 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
he means super mario all stars

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:48 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
LuigiM9 wrote:
he means super mario all stars

Yup. Exactly.
Mors wrote:
SuperArthurBros wrote:
Exactly. Level 3 is a perfect example, it starts like a level based on Nipper Plants then changes to a sky level.

Oh, you meant that.
Well, that was basically me running out of ideas, but I guess I can change it like that so even the skies aren't safe from Nipper Plants.
EDIT: Aaand I replaced all Spinies in that level with Wandering Nipper Plants and also added additional Wandering Nipper Plants.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:18 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
So, this is probably a stupid question... but where can I find the link to download the latest demo of this game? I saw the release candidate on the other page, but you said the full one was posted in some convention booth. Which is obviously inacessible because the staff didn't list it on the website properly.

I tried a bunch of possible booth IDs, but no, haven't found it. So if you can post the finished demo link, that'd be great, since I'd love to try it out.

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:34 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
CM30 wrote:
So, this is probably a stupid question... but where can I find the link to download the latest demo of this game? I saw the release candidate on the other page, but you said the full one was posted in some convention booth. Which is obviously inacessible because the staff didn't list it on the website properly.

I tried a bunch of possible booth IDs, but no, haven't found it. So if you can post the finished demo link, that'd be great, since I'd love to try it out.

I normally would have redirected to the page with the link, but since I have updated the demo anyway:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qv1y8p

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:26 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Holy necro-bumping Christmas, Batman.
Welp, I've got good news: Kirbio, who is also a spriter in this game, has let me know that he will be able to be more active again after his exams.
More importantly, though: Thanks to that message, I finally know that I have thankfully still contact with him.
So yeah, see you until Spring/Summer 2015, where we'll come back with new SMB3ish Touhou goodness!

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:34 pm 
Hip hop, Koopas pop
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
TrinitroMan is here once again, presenting you the rebirth of an old fangame of mine:

What was your old fan game named?

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:00 pm 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Dim_Yimma_H wrote:
TrinitroMan wrote:
TrinitroMan is here once again, presenting you the rebirth of an old fangame of mine:

What was your old fan game named?

Well, the name wasn't able to change yet.
Yup, it's the first demo, and I'm STILL using the project title for it, since I still have to come up with a Touhou-esque subtitle, which fits this game and its story, and a possible number, so it gives you the illusion of being an official Touhou game.
However, if you go even further into the past, then you might find out that this is, infact, NOT my first fangame.
My first fangame was called Super Mario Cave Story, and it was being made in Hello Engine 4, until I have realized that I broke more than I fixed it, down to the point, that almost NONE of the music functioned (especially not those that was ripped from Youtube videos).
That was also the very first game, where I tried to fool around with the Subspace Emmisary idea, although back then, it was more of a mix between Super Mario Bros 2USA and Super Smash Bros Brawl (complete a Subspace Emmisary theme from Brawl).
SMCS is currently on hiatus, because I ended up having way too many problems with Hello Engine 4, and because Super Marisa World FUSION happened instead, and I will only go back to SMCS after I have finished Super Marisa World FUSION, because SMCS will actually be BIGGER, and the game I'm currently working on is a bit like a training ground for me.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:06 am 
I, Papyrus, am awesome!
[*]
[*]
[*]
Bad news: Super Marisa World FUSION is cancelled.
Reason: CatezeeY gave me an instant perma-ban in his forum.
Why? Because I did the exact same thing like in Fusion Gameworks.
And that's really bad, because that's the only way for me to have contact with Kirbio.
Man, why do so many admins try their best so I will never finish my fangames?!
First JudgeSpear, and now CatezeeY.

What I also support:
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[nl]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:39 pm 
Wreck 'n get stomped
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
TrinitroMan wrote:
Bad news: Super Marisa World FUSION is cancelled.
Reason: CatezeeY gave me an instant perma-ban in his forum.
Why? Because I did the exact same thing like in Fusion Gameworks.
And that's really bad, because that's the only way for me to have contact with Kirbio.
Man, why do so many admins try their best so I will never finish my fangames?!
First JudgeSpear, and now CatezeeY.

That sucks, seems like you're out of luck :/ is it worth scrapping the game because of it though? There are plenty of forums out there that will accept your opinions, and whatever forum doesn't isn't worth your time. I am sure there are quite some people who really like this game!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 98 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic