PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:12 am 
aka: bigmariofan1.0
[*]
[*]
[*]
LINKS:
MFGG
YoYo Games

For those who remember some of those ancient mini game competitions on MFGG's forums, you might remember that I (previously joined under user name "bigmariofan1.0") made this monstrosity for it. Well Tanooki Mario Winter 2.0 is the all-new, completely redone version of that same game. As it turns out, 5-6 years of Game Maker gives you a little bit of experience, and I've been able to make "Tanooki Mario Winter" a game that exceeds its original expectations.

I've created a more efficient "Orb" system to help control Mario with (aka: abilities), as opposed to those awkward boxes you placed in the first game. I also added three features to unlock by collecting large amounts of points. (Music, an Item and a Stage) Perhaps the hardest move for me artistically was having to go back on that "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga" Tanooki Mario sprite and having to downgrade it to "Super Mario World" styled graphics, but it seemed more fitting.

Overall, when remaking this game I knew I wanted a "Mario Bros." feeling to the game. Having said that, I decided to continue using the "enemies come out of pipes and Mario has to get rid of them" mentality. If I were to make the comparison, this is more like the "Mario Bros." remake that came out with the "Super Mario Advance" series. However, I don't feel that this game is a total mirror of that, especially with the certain differences, changes and extra features it has.

So to finish up, be sure to read the game info before playing!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 1 post ]  Reply to topicPost new topic