Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY, OMG SUEPRM ARIO ODDYESEY
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:41 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Real 3D Mario as in open world areas. Sunshine was the last of its kind and even Nintendo admitted to that.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:50 pm 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This is pure beauty. The only thing that worries me is the anthropomorphic hat...

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 pm 
* Incredible nightmare ensues *
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Why would you be worried about the hat? I don't think it'd talk a lot like Navi or someone, since Mario games don't usually have much talking so kids who can't read yet can play without getting stuck.

BUT, I am kinda worried that the hat may be the 2-player part of the game. I mean naturally, I'm hoping for split-screen Mario and Luigi co-op like Mario 64 was going to have.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm 
Lucario and/or Braixen = best avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Image Image

:^)

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:
Image Image Image Image Image

These are my Smashers of choice:

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:49 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Prepare for a DMCA

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:53 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
So I have a bit of a theory on the levels in this game. I'm thinking that each level will be more like a "world", and will be able to expand into separate areas, like levels, that you can walk between freely. So basically, each level will most likely consist of 2-3 segments, each following the general theme, but each with their own quirks.

For example, theres that Mexican town level, and we can assume that the rest of the desert areas we've seen are in the same level. Well, my idea is that at the start, you'd be limited to the town, and it's immediate surrounding area, but a specific mission (or doing something in general) will expand things, granting you access to the open desert area with the lion you can ride said area comes with additional missions), and then when you cause the upside down pyramid to rise from the ground, it becomes a new level, possibly with the boss of the "world" at the end (and additional missions).

This would explain why we saw so many areas in the trailer that looked similar, but fairly different from each other (Calm City/Rainy Rooftop, Normal Forest/Overgrown Factory, Mexican Town/Desert Ruins). It would also explain the checkpoint flags we saw. In the Mexican Town, we see a flag just past where Mario starts from, so I'm thinking these work as markers for where your ship can land, so once you get to a new area, you can find the flag which allows you to start from that area at any time, without having to run all over to get back to it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:11 pm 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Leaked box art

:laugh:

I'm so sorry.

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:14 am 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This is an overhyped lackluster project that is only popular because it's the first good Mario platformer Nintendo has ever made.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:33 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Willsaber wrote:
This is an overhyped lackluster project that is only popular because it's the first good Mario platformer Nintendo has ever made.

Top-tier jokes in this topic

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:34 am 
Lucario and/or Braixen = best avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Zero Kirby wrote:
Top-tier jokes in this topic

If you think that's bad then check this one out

Spoiler:

But real talk i can't really say that which hasn't already been said, but I gotta say it anyway :y This looks like the Mario game that we (or at least I personally) have been asking for for the last 5+ years. Mario 64-esque world/gameplay with lots of unique lands to explore and tons of room to run around and do random stuff in, etc. The graphics look stunning as ever and i'm personally very impressed with the details such as the individual hair fibers on mario's head and mustache. It's gonna be a long wait til this next holiday season lol

Spoiler:

Fangame(s) I support:
Spoiler:

You can find me on:
Image Image Image Image Image

These are my Smashers of choice:

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:44 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
smbmaster99 wrote:
Image Image

:^)

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Chaoxys wrote:
(Calm City/Rainy Rooftop, Normal Forest/Overgrown Factory, Mexican Town/Desert Ruins)

This made me think - is it possible that the game has a time/weather system? We've seen the city in daytime and nighttime, as well as raining, and we've seen the desert area in daytime and nighttime too. Maybe I'm overthinking things and these are just different missions, but it would be a cool feature (and also something that has been done before in a ROM hack...).

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:33 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'd say it's mission-specific like Pianta Village in Sunshine. Would make more sense to me, because that epic boss battle scene on top of the tower would be a lot less epic without rain and in broad daylight instead.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:19 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Enchlore wrote:
Chaoxys wrote:
(Calm City/Rainy Rooftop, Normal Forest/Overgrown Factory, Mexican Town/Desert Ruins)

This made me think - is it possible that the game has a time/weather system? We've seen the city in daytime and nighttime, as well as raining, and we've seen the desert area in daytime and nighttime too. Maybe I'm overthinking things and these are just different missions, but it would be a cool feature (and also something that has been done before in a ROM hack...).

If my theory is correct, the rainy night time city is is a separate area from the normal city we see at the start of the trailer.

It's also worth mentioning that we've seen two areas from the food world. The first being the crystaly fruit level, and later the cheese level.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Something that'd be nice is if each world was a large open area and you weren't automatically kicked back to a hub when you got a star (assuming that's what you have to collect in this game) like in Banjo Kazooie.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Something that'd be nice is if each world was a large open area and you weren't automatically kicked back to a hub when you got a star (assuming that's what you have to collect in this game) like in Banjo Kazooie.
As for SM64 that'd make sense, but in Sunshine there was a little story tied to each shine sprite -- I assume they go that route again, so you'll probably have to restart from the beginning each time. Plus, more playtime that way.

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:26 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

This looks like it's going to be my favorite (non-paper) Mario game since Sunshine! It looks so creative and fun, and it looks very gorgeous as well.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:31 pm 
He has no file, He has no name!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm really hoping for the fleshed out, real feeling and mini-plot driven worlds of Sunshine, but with more of them and without the rest of the game feeling rushed. If they can pull that off this'll prob end up my favorite 3D Mario, if not my favorite Mario period.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:43 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I loved how Sunshine's world felt a bit more "real", I spent hours just exploring nooks and crannies or goofing off when it first came out.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:32 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Oh jeeze, speaking of Sunshine, lets hope the Blue Coins don't return.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic