Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
 [kp]
 Post subject: Re: The purpose of the QC (and thereby, our resources)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:24 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
With the goal of integrating everything I think "site staff" is pretty ambiguous. It's OK right now since everyone considers the site a separate thing but it'll just be confusing once we combine everything.

Resource Mod isn't really a name I'm Happy with, it's certainly not a very interesting one, but if we name all the moderator positions like that it gives it a bit of consistency.

Resource Mod
Wiki Mod
Forum Mod
Comments Mod
Discord Mod
Backseat Mod
etc.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:26 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Super Mario WTL wrote:
Backseat Mod

The most vital role in the entirety of Mario Fan Games Gallery

But yeah, something like that would work with me

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:26 am 
The Dark Warrior
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
My stance is in line with Pedigree since I did suggest the idea of QC taking a role of content curators on the official MFGG Discord, which i will add on to the idea that curated content should be front page on either a per-monthly basis decided amongst the QC themselves or alternatively you could have users nominate content for the QC to consider for curation like what SMWC does for its SMW hacks which im hoping that the curated content be at the front page for everyone to see assuming the mainsite becomes more like NCFC...being a gallery to showcase what you do.

ATTENTION! I am in need of coders to help fix Mario's physics for Mysterious Islandz. The game as it stands, is quite glitchy. If you are good at GM8 and is capable of reading FDE Exi's code, PM me!

Spoiler:

I am the true darkness. MFGG stands in my way!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

If you want to split hairs, "Site Staff" refers to Quality Control staffers (who can approve and decline queued submissions on the mainsite), comment mods (who can moderate comments on the mainsite), and mainsite admins (who can promote new Site Staff members, add new categories, and change other core settings, besides being able to do everything that QC and comment mods can do).

I agree that the current terminology could be confusing to some people, and there might be a better term for QC staff.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:11 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Super Mario WTL wrote:
Backseat Mod

oh boy

my contributions to the forum will finally be acknowledged

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:46 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
DarkSideStrike wrote:
My stance is in line with Pedigree since I did suggest the idea of QC taking a role of content curators on the official MFGG Discord, which i will add on to the idea that curated content should be front page on either a per-monthly basis decided amongst the QC themselves or alternatively you could have users nominate content for the QC to consider for curation like what SMWC does for its SMW hacks which im hoping that the curated content be at the front page for everyone to see assuming the mainsite becomes more like NCFC...being a gallery to showcase what you do.

That just makes me wish MFGG had SMWC's type of moderation for games in general (with the rejection logs and everything). Nice to see a site where games have to pass a minimum quality standard in terms of game design. Wish the likes of Steam did that.

But yeah, I feel quality control should mostly focus on making sure that the resources are usable. So for games, they should make sure the title:

1. Runs correctly (or at all)
  2. Doesn't constantly run into major bugs and glitches while the player is playing through it
  3. Isn't stolen from someone else.
  4. Has enough content to last someone for at least 10 minutes
  5. Isn't a virus/malware
  6. And in general, has at least some 'fun' to be found in it. Yeah, that's a bit more controversial than the others, but let's face it: something like Mario's Super Quest is probably not going to appeal to anyone, and it's likely a waste of time even hosting it. So obvious examples of unplayable crap should be rejected straight up as well.

As for graphics... I'd say the rules should be as follows:

1. They don't look utterly eye searing (aka, they're not something out of Sonichu, Dontreal Dolphin, Hammer Brother Demo 3 or a 3 year old's Microsoft Paint training.
  2. Again, they're not stolen
  3. That they have enough tiles or frames to be usable. **
  4. Content shouldn't be trivial to rip or create.

** With the rules being:

Enemies: Has at least two frames, assuming it walks or flies.
Characters: Has enough actions for walking/running, jumping and maybe swimming
Tilesets/Objects: Contains tiles for all sides of an object (four corners, four sides, one fill tile), slope tiles (at least going down to the left/right) as well as at least two decorations that can be placed in the level to make it look more interesting.

That should probably cover everything I think.

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:13 am 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
Yeah I want to put extra emphasis on making sure our files are malware free and generally safe. I was talking to someone on another fangame community about MFGG and they told me they remember a download from it giving them a virus years ago and they never looked back. We really want to make sure we don't get a reputation like that!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 27 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic