PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yes, Kira Game would qualify under the 'social' contributions aspect of things. Missed that.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion: Stop Blaming Minus World For Your Problems
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Yoshin wrote:
As staff from another forum, I will say the way the staff here are handling things have been real poor. You all have been fairly secretive, and in general feeling like you have some bad feelings about Minus World. As a moderator there let me make it clear that everyone involved legitimately just wanted to post on MFGG. On the topic of the LGBT stuff, it was just a thread made by someone who is part of that community to converse with other LGBT members, and the way you as the staff dealt with it is really concerning, as is the viewpoint of a good portion of this community. Concerning shitposts and if they should be allowed or not, thats a no brainer, you can't reasonably define a ****post. It is also appalling that a member got banned not once but twice just for posting a lot, for posting things fully within the rules of the site. Go back a page and you can find similar style threads. Not being able to handle yourselves in a situation that is in all reality pretty light is a sad sight, for a lot of places all thats been going on has would have been considered not too bad.

All in all I think you need to have a serious staff reform, and a major rules reform. A PPP-like forum would also be super benificial, if you really want to push your "GC is only for serious posts" deal.

This got paged pretty quickly.

[us]
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
killer queen has already touched the "reply" button

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:50 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Look, Technoflops, if all you're going to do is make posts about how the discussion is still going on, you're not helping. If you're tired of the discussion stop reading the topic.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:45 pm 
Am a girl
[*]
[*]
Yoshin wrote:
As staff from another forum, I will say the way the staff here are handling things have been real poor. You all have been fairly secretive, and in general feeling like you have some bad feelings about Minus World. As a moderator there let me make it clear that everyone involved legitimately just wanted to post on MFGG. On the topic of the LGBT stuff, it was just a thread made by someone who is part of that community to converse with other LGBT members, and the way you as the staff dealt with it is really concerning, as is the viewpoint of a good portion of this community. Concerning shitposts and if they should be allowed or not, thats a no brainer, you can't reasonably define a ****post. It is also appalling that a member got banned not once but twice just for posting a lot, for posting things fully within the rules of the site. Go back a page and you can find similar style threads. Not being able to handle yourselves in a situation that is in all reality pretty light is a sad sight, for a lot of places all thats been going on has would have been considered not too bad.

All in all I think you need to have a serious staff reform, and a major rules reform. A PPP-like forum would also be super benificial, if you really want to push your "GC is only for serious posts" deal(which it isn't if you go back a page and look anyways).

I would also like to put a reminder that users new and old have abandoned the site because of all this, and that should definitely be something for the staff to talk about.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:28 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Click the spoiler for my longpost on this that got paged as well.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
Quote:
The MWers joined en masse

We didn't. We all had accounts. A couple members at most joined

That's a pedantic distinction. Those accounts were inactive prior to this. It doesn't matter when they were technically created.

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
I think the subject of this thread is really simple:

If a group of people join and some of them don't mesh well with the rules or the culture or whatever, it's really easy to blame the entire group for this. Easy isn't right or good for anyone in the long run though, so that kind of attitude is pretty detrimental to the forum at large.

I've joined quite a few communities alongside a group of friends and in nearly every instance we've become a scapegoat. It's a real problem.

It's not that difficult of a problem to solve- talk to the people you think are causing issues; maybe they just need to be set on the right path. Not everyone is going to understand your forum culture right outside of the box, and those set on the right path may become some of your most valuable members.

Otherwise, you end up mistreating people's friends and then being shocked when they get upset that their friends are being mistreated- pretty obvious what's going to go down there.

Anything else up for discussion should be in its own thread so people who don't want to read about minus world don't have to bother.

That's it, topic solved, let's lock this and discuss some more important suggestions (maybe unlock some other threads too)

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:19 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
Pedigree wrote:
Quote:
The MWers joined en masse

We didn't. We all had accounts. A couple members at most joined

That's a pedantic distinction. Those accounts were inactive prior to this. It doesn't matter when they were technically created.

For the record, yes it does.

This distinction is important when you guys keep pushing the "raid" narrative and spreading misinformation to pass the buck.

It doesn't matter if the accounts were inactive either, it's not like there's a rule stating that your accounts are pruned after a period of time, nor are there rules that state that you can't post if you haven't in a while. Stop clinging to who's active, an mfgg member, to blame or who's not and derailing the point of the entire discussion. It's no wonder why progress is slow when you keep making every excuse you possibly can not to make any changes.

I agree with Mario's post, coincidentally.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 91 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic