Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 118 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
Let us talk about Mod revisions, A suggestion for the MFGG staff
 [zw]
 Post subject: Re: Let us talk about Mod revisions
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 pm 
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Lets here a legitimate strategy for user acquisition that doesn't hitch a ride on recent events.

sorry, i can't read your post with all those typos and missing apostrophes, charlatan

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:54 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
BlasterMaster wrote:
Kritter wrote:
Lets here a legitimate strategy for user acquisition that doesn't hitch a ride on recent events.

sorry, i can't read your post with all those typos and missing apostrophes, charlatan

"Wah you made fun of my post, I demand it removed without delay or inquiry because my precious feelings are hurt."

Is that how this goes?

So anyway, my question is legitimate. I want to know what Mit will do to increase user acquisition, seeing as that's his primary focus it seems.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:55 pm 
[*]
Probably ban you.

[ca]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:08 pm 
Am a girl
[*]
[*]
Taking action here and putting myself forwards to be a mod, be it for the forum or the main site or both. I've been on this site since '08(granted mostly lurking) and I would like to see this site change for the better. I really care about MFGG as a community and really hate seeing it going down the path its going. I'm more then qualified to be a moderator too, I already mod another forum and 3 discord servers/irc channels. I also really believe in community involvement, something the current staff sorta lacks but it absolutely needs.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:08 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DreiDreiDesert wrote:
Probably ban you.

Oh you.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:14 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

DreiDreiDessert wrote:
BlasterMaster wrote:
Kritter wrote:

"Wah you made fun of my post, I demand it removed without delay or inquiry because my precious feelings are hurt."

Is that how this goes?

So anyway, my question is legitimate. I want to know what Mit will do to increase user acquisition, seeing as that's his primary focus it seems.
Probably ban you.

Now I think you're being just too damn rude towards him, guys. He just asked what would Mit do, and saying those things sure doesn't help. There's no need of saying such unnecessary things just to make him angry.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 pm 
[*]
People who come here don't give two shits about LGBTQ gender politics. Name me one 14 year old who does.
All newcomers care about is playing lots of free Met... Mario fan games. That, and making their own. Do you know how hard it is to make a sidescrolling platformer if you have absolutely no experience in game programming? It's a steep learning curve, and most of the discussion on this website is targeted at people who have a moderate amount of experience doing it. There ain't no... "Let's making our first Mario fan game" tutorial thread/video for GM noobs. There's nothing to reel in beginners who have no idea where to start. Ripping sprites from sprite sheets, importing tilesets, coding fundamentals, platform engine fundamentals, camera control, Mario's physics... If any site should have such a thing, it's MFGG. Or at least have an index of helpful tutorials for beginners. But there ain't no such thing. Newcomers come in, glue together some choppy **** engine, post screenshots of it, and get unenthusiastic responses along with a "get gud". No one's happy.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:29 pm 
I hate yellow balls of consumption.
[S]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I just want to make things clear.

We are not discriminating against users because of where they came from. Whether a member came from Minus World or MFGG is irrelevant to how we handle things. It's the members and what they're doing that we need to crack down on.

I do not agree with the ban that Zelma has received. In hindsight, it should have been temporary, so things are being done to undo the damage. For what it's worth, I undid a previous ban of his due to a mistake. A miscommunication. I have already apologized for this.

Communication has been an absolute mess for numerous reasons. If the staff left a topic untouched, people would complain about proper action not being taken (or even the wrong steps being taken entirely). If we did lock the topic, reports would appear saying that we're killing the fun. There is really no middle ground for any of this.

If a member is causing trouble, report their post and leave it alone. It's our job to take care of troublemakers. Making more topics about the same issue at hand was not what should have been done.

For those expecting me to step down, sorry to disappoint, but not happening.

Faults have been made on a lot of people's behalves, and we will take full responsibility for the parts that were us. But blaming the entire staff for something the members did? Are you kidding me?

We're going to take action now, and we're all ears. I ask that we all drop it and move on. We will take care of what needs to be done. Any toxic posts made from this point onwards, whatever they may be, will no longer be tolerated.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:35 pm 
you're about to get owned
Yoshin wrote:
DreiDreiDesert wrote:
People to promote: Mit, Yoshin.

People to maybe promote: ZeroKirby, Kirby's Adventure

People to keep: Miles, Vinny.

People to retrain: HylianDev, Gato.

People to remove: Cruise, Coco, and probably the rest of the forum staff.

This is a perfectly fine list but I do say that uh, maybe add the rest of staff to retrain. I haven't seen anything too bad from them.

Good posts. It's actually stunning the administration is so resistant to promoting Mit when it's clear the Mit is one of the few who, in the words of Oracular, Loves The Forum.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:36 pm 
[*]
Do not Speak Her name in these tainted lands unless you wish to Bring Her to breath upon these Lands a New Beginning.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:36 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Cruise steps in and everything is instantly okay. The next 24 hours look optimistic, tbh.

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:37 pm 
[*]
[*]
Quote:
If the staff left a topic untouched, people would complain about proper action not being taken (or even the wrong steps being taken entirely).

literally all you need to do to tell if a topic should be locked is
1) read the forum rules
2) read the thread
3) figure out if the thread breaks any forum rules

anyone who openly breaks the forum rules is clearly in the wrong, anyone who doesn't break the forum rules is clearly doin OK

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:40 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
BlasterMaster wrote:
anyone who openly breaks the forum rules is clearly in the wrong, anyone who doesn't break the forum rules is clearly doin OK

All day people have been talking about why the forum rules are vague and why they can't be enforced.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:45 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
The fact that I decided to be an ***hole, but is there any reason that this issue needed to be overblown?

I never got the fact that people from the Minus World suddenly complained about the current mod team and it's practices. Sure, they tried to fix the issue. But is there any reason to complain to the current mod saying that they need to get replaced and change the rules?

I dunno, but if it's just me or that only people who are from Minus World suddenly decided to attack MFGG and trying to "convert" MFGG.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Psid wrote:
I dunno, but if it's just me or that only people who are from Minus World suddenly decided to attack MFGG and trying to "convert" MFGG.

Yrr came here to genuinely check up on the place and was planning on remaking an old fan game but wasn't happy with what she saw. She pointed it out to some others and it kind of became an intervention. The fact that several MFGG only members have jumped on board should be enough evidence that this isn't some disguised attack.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Elyk wrote:
Yrr came here to genuinely check up on the place and was planning on remaking an old fan game but wasn't happy with what she saw. She pointed it out to some others and it kind of became an intervention. The fact that several MFGG only members have jumped on board should be enough evidence that this isn't some disguised attack.

Well that makes sense, but I feel like the Minus world members shouldn't have made the issue blown up by their frequent topics complaining **** in a short time. Again, I think this would've gone less worse if they didn't complain so loudly and made ****load of topics.

Funnily enough, this is the only time that MFGG got so much of activity. :confused:

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:18 pm 
[*]
Well, it was complained about because issues were apparent and didn't stop happening. You can't really police people to not do something when the problem is actively going on without thought to fixing it, at least presented.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:19 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Why do people, who are guilty of actions like this, keep blaming the victims for not reacting properly? This is a really weird ideology to have especially when Psid was fishing for said reactions.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  [ 118 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic