Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 119 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [au]
 Post subject: Re: just make mit admin jesus christ
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DreiDreiDesert wrote:
Mit clearly is the only person who is putting in the effort like an admin should. Like, do you read what we say at all? Do you need a new bifocal prescription?

You say "clearly" but haven't actually shown me anything. Standing up and saying "I'm for the people! A vote for Mit is a vote for awesome!" isn't really enough is it?

And again you back up your post with a jerky dig at me for no reason, once again showing that you truly are a quality member worth listening to, it's a bit boring by this point.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:27 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Pedigree wrote:
Magnemania wrote:
Have any of the topics you've posted been really related to Mario, fan games, or galaxies? I am not averse to memeposting in the correct context, but you seem to be judging on Minus World standards, not MFGG standards.

:think:

Right, MFGG standards.
There isn't a rule like "only talk about Mario or banned" anyways. Everyone can talk about whatever they want in general chat.

[zw]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:28 pm 
[*]
[*]
Mors wrote:
There isn't a rule like "only talk about Mario or banned" anyways. Everyone can talk about whatever they want in general chat.

except me, zelma and wtl apparently

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 pm 
[*]
Yeah, Coco is banning threads that belong in the same forum as that image, with reasonings that it isn't serious or relevant to the board.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:29 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Kritter wrote:
DreiDreiDesert wrote:
Mit clearly is the only person who is putting in the effort like an admin should. Like, do you read what we say at all? Do you need a new bifocal prescription?

You say "clearly" but haven't actually shown me anything. Standing up and saying "I'm for the people! A vote for Mit is a vote for awesome!" isn't really enough is it?

And again you back up your post with a jerky dig at me for no reason, once again showing that you truly are a quality member worth listening to, it's a bit boring by this point.

i'll point you in the direction of the CFP thread then, whose design doc got vandalized and i'm trying to get it sorted out as best i can.

on another note, i still don't understand why zelma's threads were locked. if the only reason was "they're joke threads" or something, then that doesn't break any rules. don't lock a thread unless it breaks rules. simple.

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:34 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
on another note, i still don't understand why zelma's threads were locked. if the only reason was "they're joke threads" or something, then that doesn't break any rules. don't lock a thread unless it breaks rules. simple.

On a normal day, threads like Zelma's may not have been locked but threads are like Hydra. When members are angry, you cut the head off one thread and two more will take its place and it can easily get out of hand and then everyone is left flustered and angry including the admins.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:35 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
okay. but did they break any rules?

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:36 pm 
[*]
Maybe don't lock threads that aren't breaking the rules and people won't be mad? This must be why you were ejected from modship; you really don't get how it works.

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:36 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Mit wrote:

On a normal day, threads like Zelma's may not have been locked but threads are like Hydra. When members are angry, you cut the head off one thread and two more will take its place and it can easily get out of hand and then everyone is left flustered and angry including the admins.

I think zelma is just trying to figure out what's an acceptable thread, scary that no one on the staff wants to help him out. He really is doing his best

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:38 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
For the record, Zelma made more threads after asking what threads were allowed. He made them Mario related, he was trying.

All locked by DJ Coco without an explanation beyond "stop ****posting" in a warning.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:40 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
okay. but did they break any rules?

Well that's up to personal viewpoints really. Some posts I'd say would've made for fine discussion in normal circumstances, others were what I'd call "too spammy for General Chat" but then that's just my view. Other admins and members have different views.

There's no denying that there was a slew of posts that we normally don't see in General Chat though and you can view them as General Posting but when it's out of character for how the forums have run lately then as an admin you have to make a call on what to do and whoever locked them probably thought it was the best choice at the time.

It's easy to say you'd do things differently in retrospect or when you're watching it from a distance but you have humans behind the wheel who are trying to do the best with the basic ruleset they're given and you absolutely can't please everyone despite what you might think.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:41 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
it shouldn't be up to viewpoints. we need concrete, distinct rules that cannot be skewed in any way. this is a message board, not a court.

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:42 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
nah, I'd definitely deal with things differently and I'm sure others who have moderation experience would feel the same. And the thing about making moderation mistakes? It's not the end of the world, just apologize, own up to it, and promise the community you'll do better next time.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:43 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I can't really trust the viewpoints of mods when allegedly some mods leave stuff they personally find amusing open but act against other, similar threads. It has to have a clear definition and be enforced consistently across the board. No favoritism or exceptions.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:43 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
it shouldn't be up to viewpoints. we need concrete, distinct rules that cannot be skewed in any way. this is a message board, not a court.

Hey good luck with that! MFGG has only been trying for over 10 years to get a concrete set of rules that everyone can follow like robots. Thought we had it at one point but clearly not, but surely you're the man for the job!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:44 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Mit wrote:

Hey good luck with that! MFGG has only been trying for over 10 years to get a concrete set of rules that everyone can follow like robots. Thought we had it at one point but clearly not, but surely you're the man for the job!

There are many forums out there not as opposed to change that have great rulesets and manage to enforce them well.

How long has it been since the rules here saw an update???

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:45 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Mit wrote:

I don't think MFGG has really been trying much at all, tbh. Surely doesn't seem like it when it can't make much progress in 10 years!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
If you have 10 moderators there should be no excuse why you can't come to a consensus on a solid set of rules, unless that is, that the problem lies in the moderators you do have.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Kritter wrote:
Mit wrote:

the answer is simple.

use less rules, and make the ones we do keep more concrete. i've touched upon each and every one of the big ones in the past. no discrimination, no flaming, only joke at another user's expense if they're cool with it, deal with things on a per-report basis. don't work off hunches.

[tr]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:46 pm 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
we need a new rule
Quote:
  • The moderators and admins can lock any thread they didn't like. Don't expect them to give any reasonable answer though!

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 119 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic