Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 86 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: add some kind of anti-discrimination rules
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:41 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to be angry and want to defend themselves after getting attacked. Not understanding this has always been a flaw in MFGG's moderation.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

That is true, but you could also just realize that the person is a jerk and isn't worth your time. In my opinion if someone is being bigoted or rude in any way, you should correct them in a civil way, and if they respond rudely again then ignore them.

That said if someone does respond angrily to a rude person, I don't think they should be the ones to get into trouble as it was a normal reaction. But you should try not to act that way if possible. This is the internet, so you could easily ignore anyone you want to.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:57 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
in a different situation i would agree, but this was in an LGBT thread started by LGBT users for other LGBT users and was basically thrown off the rails as a sick joke. there's entirely valid reason to be mad.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:59 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mit wrote:
in a different situation i would agree, but this was in an LGBT thread started by LGBT users for other LGBT users and was basically thrown off the rails as a sick joke. there's entirely valid reason to be mad.

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:02 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
is LGBT really controversial on a Mario forum when Mario is LGBT???

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:03 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Super Mario WTL wrote:

*Cough* several things wrong with this post *cough*.

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:05 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
if some people here are really that against LGBT people being themselves here then rather than kick them out you can just not click on applicable threads and save everyone the trouble.

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:14 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
Super Mario WTL wrote:

*Cough* several things wrong with this post *cough*.

I agree, unbelievable what I'm seeing happen to an LGBT icon on pride month

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:18 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm still trying to understand how one or more users carrying a "just better not be gay than having problems for it" moral causes so much discussion in here. :confused:

Spoiler:

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 pm 
Marle's my waifu
[*]
[*]
[*]
SuperArthurBros wrote:
I'm still trying to understand how one or more users carrying a "just better not be gay than having problems for it" moral causes so much discussion in here. :confused:

MFGG is pretty gay, I guess.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:25 pm 
hell
just going to say that i'm in support of anti-discrimination rules actually being enforced around here. people shouldn't have to feel unsafe on a mario forum of all things

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
moogle wrote:
just going to say that i'm in support of anti-discrimination rules actually being enforced around here. people shouldn't have to feel unsafe on a mario forum of all things

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:54 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I have no clue if this means anything to y'all from me but here goes

This will absolutely be better enforced. I'm personally not going to accept that kind of thing happening again. You should feel safe to post on a Mario forum of all places. Just try to be a tad less upset when things don't happen super immediately. I'm sure you folks have reasonably thick skins - when people try to push awful and hurtful narratives or post otherwise discriminatory things, you should just report them and move on. It's not worth getting bent out of shape over some jerk's misguided view, or in this recent case a flat out rise-getter. Nor is it worth trying to reason with them or discuss it. They aren't exactly the type that would budge on this issue, no?

SuperArthurBros wrote:
It was not even remotely that simple. In the case of that thread, it was used to pretty much bash LGBT folks and also to get a rise out of them. This cannot happen again.

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:04 pm 
[*]
[*]
thank you for your support miles, it's good to see people who want a positive future for the site.
earlier i suggested added this to the current ruleset: "No Discrimination. Do not post content that is discriminatory against marginalized groups (race, religion, gender, sexuality, etc.) MFGG is to be an open and welcoming forum."
would you approve of this or something like it being added to the rules?

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:32 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

What Miles said is literally what I said earlier

Why people be calling me out but saying he's cool

Legitimately kind of upset right now

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:36 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Zero Kirby wrote:
What Miles said is literally what I said earlier

Why people be calling me out but saying he's cool

Legitimately kind of upset right now

I was confused about that too.

Anyway I agree with what Miles (and Zero Kirby) said, and it's nice to see that this issue is being taken seriously.

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:39 pm 
[*]
Well, one, you're tone policing as an equal, and he is an administrator partially giving what we want.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This is exactly why people call LGBT advocates babies. Y'all are acting like a bunch of total pansies who can't tolerate any dissent on something you care about. Mit makes a good point about the LGBT thread being a unique case where people deliberately derailed a thread with malicious intent, but if somebody makes a separate innocuous thread in General Chat with an anti-LGBT topic, you shouldn't throw a hissy fit and try to get the modmins to censor everybody.

Plenty of MFGGers have s h i t o p i n i o n s and plenty of MFGGers think my opinions are poopy (particularly those who don't like Zone Runners), but we don't start flame wars over people disagreeing about music bands. I know that disagreeing about politics is almost as sensitive as disagreeing about ponies, but this is the Internet for god's sake. Grow a spine or get off line.

I don't go crying to the admins trying to ban people from saying Sticker Star is a bad game just because I disagree with it.

User page at mfgg.net

[kp]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm 
I'm number 1!
[*]
[*]
Willsaber wrote:
This is exactly why people call LGBT advocates babies. Y'all are acting like a bunch of total pansies who can't tolerate any dissent on something you care about. Mit makes a good point about the LGBT thread being a unique case where people deliberately derailed a thread with malicious intent, but if somebody makes a separate innocuous thread in General Chat with an anti-LGBT topic, you shouldn't throw a hissy fit and try to get the modmins to censor everybody.

Plenty of MFGGers have s h i t o p i n i o n s and plenty of MFGGers think my opinions are poopy (particularly those who don't like Zone Runners), but we don't start flame wars over people disagreeing about music bands. I know that disagreeing about politics is almost as sensitive as disagreeing about ponies, but this is the Internet for god's sake. Grow a spine or get off line.

I don't go crying to the admins trying to ban people from saying Sticker Star is a bad game just because I disagree with it.

great example of why a rule like this is necessary, thank you!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:19 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Super Mario WTL wrote:
Willsaber wrote:

great example of why a rule like this is necessary, thank you!

Agreed, Super Mario!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 86 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic