Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 86 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [us]
 Post subject: Re: add some kind of anti-discrimination rules
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:15 am 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mit wrote:
it'd be really cool if someone cleaned up the LGBT thread because letting psid get away with no warning for that is definitely a bad idea!

Psid was warned before and after this topic was posted. Another example of people who are not the staff claiming to know how the staff should do their jobs with minimal information. I left around the time he really got goin but I assure you I would've handled it beyond that initial warn had I been seeing l around.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 pm 
[*]
[*]
So... Is it necessary to talk about Waluigi so he does not feel discriminated against?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:56 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
No Name wrote:
So... Is it necessary to talk about Waluigi so he does not feel discriminated against?

What even is your point?

Are you saying you're in favor of banning lgbt content?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:00 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Waluigi should not feel attacked, here. This is a safe place.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:01 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Magnemania wrote:

:nope:

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:10 pm 
[*]
[*]
No Name wrote:

Magnemania wrote:

so are you guys both twelve years old or are you just bad people

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:13 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Comparing lgbt discrimination such as displayed in the lgbt thread to excluding a fictional character, I don't even know what you think it is you're doing.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:35 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Don't you get it? They're just joking around.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm 
[*]
And that isn't appropriate when discussing harassment? Like, it's childish and shows that they don't take the matter seriously when people do kill themselves over the kind of harassment that has happened on MFGG, past and present.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:58 pm 
I'll see you all at 3:15!
[*]
[*]
[*]
This identity politics crap reminds me of why I don't miss MW, rofl

[zw]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:05 pm 
[*]
[*]
BullockDS wrote:

yeah it's so much better to be on a forum where you can demand that gay people stop being gay but you can't make jokes about fan games

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:05 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
BullockDS wrote:

And we certainly don't miss your bigoted, misguided views on life either. Good riddance. It's not ****ing "politics". These are human beings you're ****ing talking about. I hope karma kicks your ass, to be quite honest.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Please please please please please don't let this topic devolve into another shouting contest

I'm all for clarifying in the rules that language relating to bashing someone for their sex or race or orientation is bad and should not be tolerated, especially when it's done to get a rise out of people

Having said that, violently lashing out at said offensive people should also be frowned upon. Civil debates, sure, but when it gets down to a screaming match both sides are making the problem. The best option is to put yourself above those offensive people, realise that their mind probably isn't gonna be changed on a Mario forum of all places, and ignore them. Add them to your foes lists so you can't see their posts and move on.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:10 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Sorry but when your mods won't do anything until hours later and all a bigoted troll gets is a slap on the wrist, it's a bit much to ask the targeted to quiet down and watch their tone.

I do not agree with this sentiment. Get your act together first and then we can talk about "let's all just get along" platitudes.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Could you at least try getting along instead of being so confrontational? I'm voicing an opinion, not speaking for the mods or anything like that. All you're doing now is alienating those who would be on your side, which includes me.

Like, I agree that the whole event was a fiasco and should have been handled better. But I'm trying to at least be calm and rational about it rather than bite people's heads off just because they're not a hundred percent in lockstep with what I think.

Last edited by Zero Kirby on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:13 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm confrontational because I, and others, was gaybashed on a Mario forum of all places and everyone keeps telling me to quiet down and accept it. This is not okay.

If you choose to alienate yourself from me, that's your decision and not my problem.

User page at mfgg.net

[zw]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:15 pm 
[*]
[*]
Zero Kirby wrote:
Having said that, violently lashing out at said offensive people should also be frowned upon. Civil debates, sure, but when it gets down to a screaming match both sides are making the problem. The best option is to put yourself above those offensive people, realise that their mind probably isn't gonna be changed on a Mario forum of all places, and ignore them. Add them to your foes lists so you can't see their posts and move on.

in what universe does "stop being gay" prompt a civil debate

no matter how little you care about lgbt rights, you at least need to acknowledge this: members of this site logged on for a day and were so repulsed seeing the staff allow flagrant homophobia that they don't ever want to come here or post their work here again. that's no way to run a functional website, especially a site about ****ing mario fan games.

i do agree though, this thread is no place for a debate about anything other than what the anti-discrimination rule should consist of. i'm going to report off-topic posts from this point onward.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:18 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pedigree wrote:
I'm confrontational because I, and others, was gaybashed on a Mario forum of all places and everyone keeps telling me to quiet down and accept it. This is not okay.

If you choose to alienate yourself from me, that's your decision and not my problem.

I'm not one of the ones telling you to quiet down and accept it, I'm telling you to calm down and be civil about it. Being super angry in tone and confrontational only confirms and biases against you that people may already have and damages the strength of your point.

Like I said, what happened was wrong, you have every right to be upset and in the moment of the topic, I get it. But making near every post of yours an attack on other people, whether they deserve it or not, and in a topic literally trying to fix the problem, does not gain you any empathy

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:30 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Look, you can't tell me to be calm in a thread where someone seriously suggested that LGBT content be banned and that people keep illegitimizing my concerns by making jokes that Waluigi is being discriminated against while some other member claims this is all just identity politics on MW, especially not after I was harassed in an LGBT support thread (or what was supposed to be) for hours by a troll before moderators did a single thing to address it.

Reminder that someone was banned for posting gifs faster than this blatant discrimination "for the lulz" was dealt with.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:32 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
You keep saying I'm not being civil, when in reality the other side never was being civil in this thread in the first place.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 86 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic