Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
1 month PPP trial., with another name and other rules.

How about it?
I'm against doing this. 56%  56%  [ 14 ]
I'm in favor. 44%  44%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 25

[au]
 Post subject: Re: 1 month PPP trial.
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Does it really matter what goes there? If a topic isn't good it'll get pushed off the page in favour of better topics. As long as it's moderated it doesn't really matter.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:17 pm 
[*]
If I understand correctly, the PPP is an unmoderated board where people dump their meme trash? Why would people need a dedicated board for that? Just show some restraint and tastefully do it in other topics.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
If I understand correctly, the PPP is an unmoderated board where people dump their meme trash? Why would people need a dedicated board for that? Just show some restraint and tastefully do it in other topics.

That's what it becomes because a certain group of users show a lack of self-control every time it comes back.

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:23 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
DragonDePlatino wrote:

The idea is that the new PPP would be somehow not-that, unlike the old one.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i think the PPP will start as that, its just a matter of balancing it out, rather than scorning eachother and pushing away. i agree with what kritter said as well.

EDIT: also, in case this got paged

Mit wrote:
i think getting people to agree on humor is a pointless endeavor at this point, not only because of the drama it's caused in off-topic MFGG related settings like chatrooms, but also because i'd rather have newbies form their own in-jokes and community than thrust what baggage us oldbies have onto them. it shouldn't ultimately be about "is this spam" or not, it should be "do i, personally, find this funny" and leaving it at that. because that's where most of my personal worry comes from- the potential hypocrisy that can come from regarding a joke one dislikes as spam, and shutting it down for that very reason, even though not everyone agrees. i think the idea of a joke being "spam" should be disregarded entirely in the context of a PPP especially.

in a way, i wanna go back on what i said and say a PPP could work and let people do what they want with it, purely so they can do what they want with it and make up their own new things. at the same time, i still think that this kind of thing would diminish the value of other posts retroactively, much like forum games. i would like to, rather than point them in one direction or another in terms of "what is funny", have them think a bit harder about what they're doing and have an actual punchline and goal with these jokes. the karnov thread had a structure and theme in mind, and i think it worked out pretty well.

also worth noting is that, with the new site revisions geared towards accessibility, the userbase SHOULD be younger as it becomes easier to use. they won't dominate, as they never really have, but they'll have more of a presence than they do now.

[br]
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:35 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I'm voting against the return of PPP. It would completely drive the focus of members away from MFGG's purpose, and what I want the most now is to have MFGG more productive, not the opposite. And if you don't use it to dump memes, whatever you have to say that doesn't have a set direction or seriousness fits in the General Chat.

Spoiler:

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:26 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I agree with SAB, as the newbies have other sites to do their own thing rather than infesting MFGG with unwanted content that isn't related to the site's goal.

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:01 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The Forum Games board isn't related to MFGG's main goal, and the General Chat isn't either. You saying it would be a problem to have this board just because it would not be related to fangaming?

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:56 pm 
Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Forum Games already drive focus away from MFGG's goal, the PPP would just add to it. The general chat however does have some importance or productivity to it, what I meant by "MFGG's goal" is to be productive or helpful, not necessarily only about fangaming.

Spoiler:

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:27 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Well, I don't think it'd be THAT bad if we brought it back. It's not like all MFGGers would stop driving focus on their fangames and start posting in the new PPP without anything else in mind. A PPP was made before, along with a ton of f**kposts for it, but still, many fangames were made as well. That means that some people who were posting in that PPP back in the day were also making fangames, too. They were being productive, while still posting crap. I'm not saying that we should post crap. I'm just saying that a PPP isn't the most distracting thing ever.

I think we all forgot we are trying to make a brand new, modified PPP here.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I'm honestly totally surprised at the results of this poll and the amount of people against the idea of a new PPP.

The notion that it'll affect productivity here though is really business-minded and a bit of a downer to be honest. MFGG isn't a fangame factory, it's a community and a community likes to have fun together.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:10 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

MFGG - the forums, mainsite, and wiki - reached its peak level of activity back when we still had a PPP/CCC. The presence or absence of an off-topic board is not the only factor affecting the level of fangaming activity.

Having an off-topic forum can promote the kind of spontaneous creativity that encourages people to make fangames. Over the years, lots of games (including some good ones) were inspired by things that people joked about in the PPP/CCC. Having an off-topic board can attract new members and encourage them to stick around. On the other hand, one of the biggest problems with the old CCC is that MFGG had a large percentage of members with very little interest in playing or making fangames. However, getting rid of the CCC at the end of 2009 didn't exactly fix that problem.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:29 am 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
the biggest question to ask isn't "what should go there" but rather "what shouldn't go there". should we still disallow things like the discussion of other users, or other controversial topics? stuff like that.

[au]
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:09 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Stuff like that generally was never allowed anyway.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:40 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I tell you, though. Judging from how many here think the PPP is so distracting, if the Forum Games did not exist and I made a poll asking "Should we make a Forum games board?", many would have voted "I'm against doing this" too. Take a look at these quotes:

Willsaber wrote:
I voted Nay, but I'd be okay with it if it just replaced Forum Games.

Syaxamaphone wrote:
MFGG can't even make a quality forum game section. I don't think we can handle a PPP.

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Sat May 13, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:44 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
I tell you, though. Judging from how many here think the PPP is so distracting, if the Forum Games did not exist and I made a poll asking "Should we make a Forum games board?", many would have voted "I'm against doing this" too.

Actually, many people were for making a Forum Games board (myself included), to keep them from clogging the General Chat.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Well yeah, but I don't see why wouldn't people call it as "distracting" as this new PPP. I mean, I should respect their opinions, but they're both non-fangaming forums made to "distract", right? Why is one better than the other if that's the case?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:31 pm 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
What if this becomes a spam central?

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[zz]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:38 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

It will not be a spam central. That's the idea: To make a new PPP with a new name and different rules that turn it into a board that's not a f**kposting mess.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:46 pm 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
It will not be a spam central. That's the idea: To make a new PPP with a new name and different rules that turn it into a board that's not a f**kposting mess.

Wish them luck, then.

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 77 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic