Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 77 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic 
1 month PPP trial., with another name and other rules.

How about it?
I'm against doing this. 56%  56%  [ 14 ]
I'm in favor. 44%  44%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 25

[us]
 Post subject: Re: 1 month PPP trial.
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:43 pm 
SnoPINGAS usually Icee
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
Thatgamerguy2234 wrote:
Kritter wrote:
I only call bad ideas bad. If it has a chance of benefiting the board or site I offer my support.

What does PPP benefit to this? What does PPP add that every other forum does?

A possible chance of increasing activity around the boards, adding a section that could be seen as more "fun" than other board sections and allowing people to blow off steam in a way that other forum sections simply won't allow. Of course these are all theories and maybe none of that will happen, but that's the whole point of trials.

Mit wrote:
the difference is that the PPP requires self control so threads asking genuine questions aren't derailed. the excuse of "its the ppp, there are no rules!!" should be phased out- but i don't think moderation is the answer. if anything, maybe some extremely general rules are in order (don't derail, don't call people out) to keep things from turning into utter chaos.

In the past these were all rules for the entire forum anyway so I think it still applies to the proposed PPP.

Technoflops wrote:
No, I don't want people to take their works of the boards, I meant that posts with less structure than General Chat posts belong more on an instant-messaging platform.

Instant messengers and forums have totally separate dynamics and can't really be compared. I'd wager nothing BELONGS on an instant messenger.

Touche. Well, don't forum games exist?

GOTTA GO FAST IN SONIC THE WEBSITE!
CHECK OUT MY OTHER ACCOUNTS!

Deviantart: TheVideoGameFanatic2234 http://thatgamerguy2234.deviantart.com

Furaffinity: ThatGamerGuy2234 http://www.furaffinity.net/user/thatgamerguy2234

InkBunny: ThatGamerGuy2234 https://inkbunny.net/ThatGamerguy2234

Spongebob Community: Spemgeburb https://www.thesbcommunity.com/profile/3722-spemgeburb/

[us]
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm 
Is that a jojoke?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
EVen if they do have different "dynamics", a PPP would work better on an instant messaging platform because it's not worthwhile enough to be kept for multiple days.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:55 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I was never a part of the PPP, or CCC, or Lounge. Either I didn't meet the requirements to be allowed into them, or I wasn't around at the time. But it seems to me that a lot of creativity came from users being allowed to post stupid stuff like "Look At My Goomba Sprites". Isn't that where Waligie came from? Some dumb PPP topics?

Honestly it would be really cool if we could innovate in the way of modern forum usage. We do compete with Facebook and the like for our users' attention. If we can come up with some features that'll keep users engaged for more than "here let me check MFGG for the day", that would be amazing.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:02 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i think i've mentioned it a few times that a real time board could be interesting. i think just having notifications would function better though so as to avoid flooding.

it'd be cool if forum games had more actual games and not just "do x about the poster y you". those kinds of games could be in the PPP, while more involved stuff like kira game and mario madness could go in forum games.

[au]
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:06 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Technoflops wrote:
EVen if they do have different "dynamics", a PPP would work better on an instant messaging platform because it's not worthwhile enough to be kept for multiple days.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:25 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Technoflops wrote:

PPP can have good threads worth keeping. Like LAMGS.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:34 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Hey, do you remember this topic?

Nah, of course you don't lol. But I think it makes a perfect example of what could go in the board. It's unimportant and unnecessary, but nobody said stuff like "is this new PPP?" in it. In fact, you guys didn't got annoyed with it at all, while also posting funny replies such as these:

Kritter wrote:
Nah it's really my uncle who works at Nintendo and is Miyamoto's drinking buddy and gets me every game that Nintendo ever made and says Waluigi will be playable in Super Mario Odyssey.

At least it's about as true as this.

Mors wrote:
VinnyVideo wrote:
Fun Fact: Someone using the same e-mail address as "Nintendo" apparently submitted this review in 2008.
It's Miyamoto. He typed 6-bit accidentally because Japanese keyboards have 3000 keys.

Looks like it is possible to post "fun but totally unimportant" stuff in a non-random way, as seen here.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:35 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mr. Saltman wrote:
Mors wrote:
VinnyVideo wrote:
Fun Fact: Someone using the same e-mail address as "Nintendo" apparently submitted this review in 2008.
It's Miyamoto. He typed 6-bit accidentally because Japanese keyboards have 3000 keys.

Looks like it is possible to post "fun but totally unimportant" stuff in a non-random way, as seen here.

I'm going to make this post even more meta and reply to the review that Vinny linked to in a post from another thread that you quoted him being quoted on:

Gone are the days where "One of the best games iv'e seen on the sight yet and probably on the internet!" is a statement that can fly for a fan-made minigame, a la Braid, which came out the year this review did lol.

On-subject: yeah this is kinda my vision for the PPP.

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 am 
MEME LOL
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Forum Games sucks, it's the bible camp version of the PPP. That said since this topic comes up all the damn time, you can't fight the PPP. The **** thing is that someone has to clean it up.

[au]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 am 
MEME LOL
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Though I gotta say Mr Saltman, your weegee thread made me cringe harder than anything else on the internet has in a long time, great job.

[us]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:08 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

jas wrote:
Forum Games sucks, it's the bible camp version of the PPP.

I'm floored at how true this is

Image Image

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
i tried participating in forum games when i came back, since it was instated between my absence and return, and umm... yeah it's not particularly great at all, to put it lightly

it really is just a wholesome, more restricted version of a spam forum, with a focus on making posts towards a certain theme but the truth is it's pretty awful and not good and the few times i have contributed to a forum game since, it was mostly for the sake of a bad joke (and apparently recently i broke the game's rules accidentally by posting an entire parody rather than just a verse, oops)

i don't even really come here that much anymore but from what i've seen lately at the very least forum games should be deprecated

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:02 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Sorry for disrupting this wonderful conversation, but couldn't you guys continue it here?

jas wrote:
Though I gotta say Mr Saltman, your weegee thread made me cringe harder than anything else on the internet has in a long time, great job.

That wasn't my fault! It was Weegee's!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:52 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
Sorry for disrupting this wonderful conversation, but couldn't you guys continue it here?

was a second thread for this even necessary though?

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:56 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

They are 2 completely different threads. One discusses if we should allow a new PPP/CCC/Lounge trial, while the other discusses if we should replace the forum games with a new PPP/CCC/Lounge. I made the latter because many people seem to hate the Forum Games board and are open to scrapping it. Some did suggest to replace it wth the new PPP here.

Last edited by Mr. Saltman on Mon May 22, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:57 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Mr. Saltman wrote:
They are 2 completely different threads. One discusses if we should allow a new PPP/CCC/Lounge trial, while the other discusses if we should replace the forum games with a new PPP/CCC/Lounge. I made the latter because many people seems to hate the Forum Games board and are open to scrapping it.

we can easily discuss the latter here as well because it's still discussing the fate of the PPP.

[zz]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

But even then this one discusses the future of the PPP exclusively, while the other one is supposed to discuss the fate of both. The other one has also got a different poll with different results.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 77 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic