Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next  [ 885 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [at]
 Post subject: Re: Site Talkback and Suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm 
Real horses don't run into trees
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Rystar wrote:
Also, I feel like MFGG needs an update to it's ever old and aging CMS that's propping up the main site much like some other people have already suggested. If we could find someone who could do that, that would be great :)

I have picked up work on that now. When there's something to show, I'll let you know.

@Pedigree: Nobody stops you (or anyone else) from streaming games. There has also popped up a topic about an MFGG live stream channel where you can probably participate.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:06 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Guinea wrote:
@Pedigree: Nobody stops you (or anyone else) from streaming games. There has also popped up a topic about an MFGG live stream channel where you can probably participate.

I'm not talking about me streaming games.

I'm talking about streaming the queue process from the staff and stuff.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
I'm talking about streaming the queue process from the staff and stuff.

Why do you want that streamed?

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Because it's interesting, and nobody hears any commentary from the staff about what they do or how they feel about the games.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:23 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I think he's talking about how I sometimes stream myself as I play the games. I download them all into a folder before starting so nobody knows who the author is or gets to see the Admin CP. I also pretty much never give out my vote (sometimes it's obvious though if a game pops up on the site right after I play it).

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Ah ok, that works I guess. Either way, streaming is entirely optional in this case. If Elyk for example wants to do it and has the time, fine. But I hope you don't expect it to happen that way on a regular basis, because QC work is already time consuming enough without streaming.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
streaming doesn't consume any more time lol

You do it at the same time.

I actually don't see what's so time consuming about it maybe you just need more help with it.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 pm 
следующая игра скоро будет
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
streaming doesn't consume any more time lol

You do it at the same time.

If you go about it Elyk's way, then yes, it's probably a bit more time consuming.

There's also the matter of setting up the stream, opening the software, etc. I'm not sure how long that would take, being that those are very dependent on what you're using, but you get the idea.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:33 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Nah it does sometimes take more time because there are games that I don't stream completely because I hit a bug and have to stop or it's taking up too much stream time and people are getting bored. I have to go back later and try to check it out.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:36 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
I actually don't see what's so time consuming about it maybe you just need more help with it.

Add to that the fact that not everyone wants to stream their work to the general public. I personally don't want you (or anyone else) to know when and how I do my QC admin work.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Sounds like you've got something to hide or have trust issues. I don't really understand what's so secretive about "I play video games that are submitted and approve or deny them"

User page at mfgg.net

[jp]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm 
Yeah, I don't Even...
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I honestly don't see any issues with Guinea's view point, as its a personal preference.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
There's nothing wrong with my viewpoint either.

If you're really that opposed don't do it, it's no secret that MFGG isn't really about supporting its community anyways so I guess I can understand why you'd find such a suggestion offensive?

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 pm 
No games
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
TBH, streaming as you review a game isn't a BAD thing, in fact you could probably do it anyway

It's just a matter if you want to or not

Refs: ~CaMTenDo~: http://i45.tinypic.com/2cfv0xk.png supernova: http://i50.tinypic.com/16gd4h.png kremling: http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/KiddyKong/ultluigi_zps2612660b.png Mit:http://i.imgur.com/eW2W9zl.png
Dustinvgmaster wrote:
Because I'm over here being a doofus, almost everyone else is cruelly denying and Ult is offering beverages for some reason

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:59 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Guinea wrote:
I wish MFGG would do another spring cleaning. There's still a number of submissions out there that are extremely either outdaded, bad, or contradict the submission criteria etc.

In the last days, a lot of work has been done on the submission queue which is now almost empty again. So we have slightly more time at our hands again. Feel free to report bad submissions which you probably do anyway, right?
Cool, thanks!
And oh, hehe, know that you mention it, I guess I do! :whoops:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:39 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Pedigree wrote:
If you're really that opposed don't do it, it's no secret that MFGG isn't really about the community anyways. It was just a suggestion not something for you to get angry over Guinea.

Do my posts read as if I'm angry? I didn't write them with that intention really.

It's ok for me if Elyk streams the games he plays in his QC assessments, I was only at first concerned that the voting process and Admin CP gets shown on the stream as well, which is not obviously the case as we have established. However, my train of thought is as follows: As Elyk plays the games, you know which games in the queue go through him, and if a game then doesn't show up in the accepted games list, it's quite likely that Elyk declined it. So yes, the voting process is at least partly compromised to the public.

Additionally I'm personally not a big fan of playing the declined works live, as the only reason in my opinion to play the declined games is to get a laugh out of them. If a game is good, it gets accepted anyway, and can then be streamed by somebody who enjoys doing this, even from the staff. Just not everybody of the staff sees streaming as one of their duties or feels comfortable talking on a camera like you do.

EDIT: In case you want to discuss this more, I have to let you wait until tomorrow, as I live in a timezone where it's middle of the night right now and I need my sleep and to wake up early tomorrow.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
"playing declined works live" not once has Elyk ever done this and it's rude of you to suggest it. He gives each game a playthrough and gives them a fair chance even when there are bugs making it more difficult.

He's never even stated what his vote on the games were.

To suggest that this compromises the voting process, what are the consequences for what you're suggesting?

There's also the fact that I find it ridiculous to let a small group of people decide what is good or bad for the site other than the obvious (inappropriate content and unplayable due to bugs or stolen) but that's for another topic.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:40 am 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

To be honest I think a little insight to the actual process of accepting or declining things for the site at large could be beneficial. I don't see how it'd be particularly harmful.

I mean sure the entire process isn't necessary and should be done with fake (but both good and bad) examples, but just a little info on how it works and what we do and why sometimes it takes a while might be a good thing, and who knows - might lead to better overall submissions when people know what we're looking for in a submission beyond the content itself. I've thought about putting together such a presentation myself for an update. (But I obviously haven't and would have to run it by the rest of the staff.)

Just my two cents. I also don't have a problem with Elyk streaming queued games since we DID used to have the Hall of Shame (which was discontinued for good reason, though its aftereffects like the Hall of Shame minigame comp still linger).

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[br]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:02 am 
fka "Doc"
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

TBH this topic almost seems obsolete.
If anything should come up that someone wants to reccomend, a PM should work just fine. A topic for members to beg the staff for events and major changes really isin't beneficial; as it seems that this isint a group decision topic as much as a shoutbox for spitting ideas.

As far as live streams go, if someone wants to record, let them. If not, it'd not a big deal. We haven't for years, so I don't think any more livestream activity would be necessary. But yeah, I guess it would be cool if it were to happen, but I feel as if we should combine the 2 that would exist and make one MFGG livesstream channel.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:06 am 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Doc wrote:
TBH this topic almost seems obsolete.
If anything should come up that someone wants to reccomend, a PM should work just fine. A topic for members to beg the staff for events and major changes really isin't beneficial; as it seems that this isint a group decision topic as much as a shoutbox for spitting ideas.

This is a suggestion for all forum members: Can we please stop doing this?

You guys do this ridiculously often. If you don't think a topic is needed or is a good idea, simply don't post in it. We do not need a bunch of backseat moderators telling us what to do, we've got enough actual mods to do that if there is a problem.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next  [ 885 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic