Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  [ 885 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Site Talkback and Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:07 pm 
[*]
I have a weird question. So you know how everyone publically posts their votes for competitions? I know that a preferred person and unpreferred person is simply the nature of the game, but isn't there a reason that many polls are done without seeing who is on which side and hurting the feelings of friends? I know for me at least, that it would be easier to swallow a loss if it was just posted in general terms rather than knowing exactly who doesn't like my entry.

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:34 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
MFGG has never done polls for voting because of a history of people registering fake accounts to place votes for themselves.

I suppose there could be some kind of limit in place that new users can't vote in polls, but really, knowing you've lost at something shouldn't be that hurtful, it's character building and drives you to improve!

Last edited by Kritter on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:35 pm 
[*]
Kritter wrote:
MFGG has never done polls for voting because of a history of people registering fake accounts to place votes for themselves.

That makes sense. Perhaps people could PM the contest head instead?

[pe]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:33 am 
Mari0:SE is not out yet :(
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
P-Star7 wrote:
I know for me at least, that it would be easier to swallow a loss if it was just posted in general terms rather than knowing exactly who doesn't like my entry.

If they don't vote for you it's not because they don't like your entry, they vote other things because they like them more and think that they are better, and, even if they are, that shouldn't discourage you. It's better to see the competitions as an opportunity to practice and see how good you are at things (music, coding, drawing, etc), a "you either win or you learn" kind of thing. Don't take it personally if you lose, and knowing who voted for who wouldn't matter, because they won't vote based on who is their friend and who isn't, they vote the entry, not the person (except when it's the MFGG Awards, but there they vote for what they do not for who they are).

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:05 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
This thread has been made obsolete by this new Suggestions Forum. If there's anything we haven't responded to in here that you'd like to bring to immediate attention, feel very free to make a topic about it in here!

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  [ 885 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic