Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next  [ 885 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic 
 [zz]
 Post subject: Re: Site Talkback and Suggestions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:26 pm 
[*]
Oh yes, are competition votes still made by publicly posting? Because I can imagine it feeling bad knowing not only that you're losing but exactly who isn't voting for you as well.

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:36 pm 
He has no file, He has no name!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Kritter wrote:
"It's not the end of the world" isn't a good enough argument to remove the swear filter because the same argument could be had for keeping it. Can't see swearing? What's the harm, it's not the end of the world.

The difference is that one of these options is taking something away from people who want to see what was written, and the other one isnt. It's not going to hurt you in any way if others can see swears if you don't choose to, nor does the hypothetical and honestly unlikely "oh no I have to see a few more series of four asterisks". Right now your only argument is "I dont want other people to swear" which... sorry? That's not yours to police? If someone does so excessively, that's up to the mods to decide what to do, but casual use of swears isn't gonna hurt anyone, and even the argument of "BUT THE CHILDREN" falls apart when you realize (im p sure?) you gotta be 13 to post here anyways? I think teenagers can handle being given the choice of seeing bad words.

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:21 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
MoneyMan wrote:
Stuff written

No my argument is that removal of the swear filter will add incentive for people to swear.

And around and around we go.

And last I checked I was well within my rights to object to a proposal? I'm also not alone in my thinking, so there's that.

If you don't speak up about things, there won't be a dialogue. You might not like my point of view and I don't have to accept yours, but I won't change my mind on this. I'm firm in my belief that removing the swear filter or trying to put a band-aid solution on it offers absolutely nothing positive for this forum.

--------------------------------------------

MOVING ALONG - ON another note, I was thinking about Mit's smileys and thought of a possible compromise to the whole thing.

Most people don't like changes to the smilies because it looks messy. I'm all for larger smilies that offer a bit more personality.

Why not have two sets? One set is a small set that can be used for adding emphasis to sentences, like this :cool:

And the other can be three or four times the size and used to add an impactful reaction. Like this, except with Mario instead of crap emojis:

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:35 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Isn't that essentially what he's proposing? Having them be vectors lets them be scaled to any size so they could act like what you're proposing

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:35 pm 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
that's exactly what i'm proposing.

i said like 3 times that those smilies are sketches, if someone picked them up and made them clean SVGs they'd obviously look fine. i'm mostly looking for concrete issues i can fix, not that "they look messy".

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:21 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
As long as there's a limit on that to avoid abuse. It'd be better if you could choose from pre-set sizes or something.

As for things to fix, the red is the wrong shade of red. It's hard to suggest fixes though if it's just a rough draft.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:24 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I feel like things such as shade of red are a little subjective. It's a little pink right now, but that's about it.

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:32 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
Kirby's Adventure wrote:
I feel like things such as shade of red are a little subjective. It's a little pink right now, but that's about it.

It's my personal feedback.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:36 am 
Huh? What? Huh?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
i mean do people like that general geometric style for smilies or should i make them more cartoony or what.

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:57 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
If you want better feedback you'll probably have to start a topic on it in the Arts Board.

User page at mfgg.net

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:39 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
On the topic of MFGG3 or the future MFGG. Has the developer ever made a site layout for MFGG3? Or is it the current layout?

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:28 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

A Suggestions Board might help to make things more organized, making it easier to discuss individual proposals and mark them as implemented/pending/rejected once a decision has been made.

We've discussed added a system for post liking/reactions for New MFGG's forums and/or mainsite, at least on a trial basis. There are some concerns that this system could be abused, although post-liking is less likely to be problematic than a more complex reputation system.

When the new mainsite is launched, I'd like to add a Prolific Contributor user group. These users would receive a few extra perks, such as expedited approval of new submissions. It's a way to reward and recognize people who keep contributing great submissions, and it would make life easier for the site staff, too. Plus, it would finally give us a reason to use badges like "Super Sprite Submitter" that we've never used.

An achievements system would be fun. If we implement a Tusk Bucks/Coins system, you'll probably get currency each time you unlock an achievement. You'll also receive a notification whenever you earn an achievement - better notifications is something else that HD is working on.

I'm pretty sure that the new mainsite's layout will be slightly different from what we have now, although I wouldn't expect it to be radically altered.

User page at mfgg.net

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:59 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I'd like to see higher resolution version of current emotes. Something like this but more detailed
I used a dumb shader, but you get my point.

[zz]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:29 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
I like the sound of a Suggestions Board. I think it could make things more organized and also make them less likely to be overlooked.

I don't see anything wrong with adding the ability to give likes to posts. I think it could make some people more motivated to help out and comment.

I'd also like to see something like a Prolific Contributor user group get added. It could motivate members to contribute more and better. I'd love to see badges for submitting a lot in a certain category get added, also. We did have a badge for making a lot of reviews, so I don't see why can't we do the same thing for other categories.

HylianDev had posted a link (here) to a preview of MFGG3's layout in the previous page of this thread. I think it looks really great so far.

Parakarry wrote:
This?

-updated Switch icon-

That looks a lot better, Parakarry! I did think the original one that I made was rather bland.

SuperArthurBros wrote:
Now, do the tags have any more function other than to decorate the posts' titles? Why isn't there an option to search posts by tag?

I think the tags also serve to make the topics stand out a bit more. I like the idea of adding an option to search topics and posts by tag.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 am 
もう帰らない
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Like buttons are generally fine as long as there isn't a corresponding "dislike" button, but the one problem with that is it can give false impressions. For example:

Quote:
The Earth is flat. Don't be fooled by the conspiracy to make us think it's round!

+1

Quote:
Yes, there are all kinds of conspiracies going on, like the moon landing, faking Tupac's death, and the illuminati. But a flat Earth isn't one of them.

+0

In this situation, you've got someone saying something that only one person agrees with, and someone else disagreeing with that while also saying other things that no one agrees with. It gives the impression that the belief in a flat Earth has more people supporting it than against it.

[tr]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:43 am 
Thanks DonnieTheGuy!
Administrator
[A]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Good point. I think showing who upvoted that post can fix the problem though.

Quote:
The Earth is flat. Don't be fooled by the conspiracy to make us think it's round!
[Mors likes this]

or
Quote:
Don't forget! Tomorrow is the last day to submit your MFGG Awards nominations. Make your vote count!
[Q-Nova, Kirby's Adventure and 5 other people like this]

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:08 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I've never been fond of the idea of likes outside social media.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:12 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
I like the idea of a likes system to be honest. It works really well on my sites (like Wario Forums). Yes, even with dislike options.

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:21 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
You wouldn't even have to have an equivalent "dislike" button. Since I assume smilies would be utilized as reactions (like Minus World), you could always just react with :nope:, :sick:, or :angry:

In fact, that's pretty much how MW handles it.

[au]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
DJ Coco wrote:
I've never been fond of the idea of likes outside social media.

I like the idea of it if it has a reason as I said before, with different "likes" for different things, like being helpful. Though really I see no downside to simply being able to say you like a post in general.

Say you provide a bit of code to help someone with Game Maker, and a user gives you a "helpful" or "thanks" like, then over time you get a badge or something for having X amount of helpful likes. I think it's a simple incentive to be a helpful part of the community.

I agree there should be no dislike button.

Last edited by Kritter on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next  [ 885 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Post new topic