[ 7 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked 
 [us]
 Post subject: Mushroom Kingdom: Shadow of the Past (Forum RPG)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:39 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
MUSHROOM KINGDOM\
Shadow of the Past

In modern times, the Mushroom Kingdom is mostly an idyllic nation, frequent kidnappings notwithstanding. But centuries into the feudalistic past, things were a bit more... complicated.

To the far north were the vile badlands which the Koopas called home. Despite its high latitude, the wasteland was hot and dry due to the region's high volcanic activity. Water and food were scarce, pressuring the Koopas into a living that would earn them the enmity and prejudice of surrounding nations.

Then one day, a Koopa sorcerer was crowned king of this nigh-uninhabitable wasteland. Wielding dark powers greater than any magician who had ever lived, and seeking vengeance against his kingdom's neighbors, he made armies out of his people, bent on world domination.

Years had passed. The kingdom had become an Empire of Shadows, with its emperor proclaiming himself the Great King of Shadows. The Mushroom Kingdom was one of the few nations still free (albeit stripped of land), serving as a place of refuge for those who had run from the advancing empire. Even so, imminent doom was on the horizon, the empire growing ever larger.

The Mushroom Kingdom inhabitants wished and prayed unto the stars, hoping for salvation.

Sages in the kingdom's court were given a prophecy: out of the citizens and refugees in the kingdom, no more than eight in the castle town would be gifted by the Star Spirits to repel the imperial forces and defeat the dark sorcerer. But since the prophecy did not reveal the chosen ones nor give a means for finding them, the king now had to discern the chosen ones on his own.

So a tournament was announced. Perhaps your character is a man like you and me, or a Toad, a Yoshi far away from home, or even a Koopa defector. Regardless of your personality or backstory, you're currently a resident of the Mushroom Kingdom castle town, and you've shown interest in joining the tournament...

This is a role-playing forum game. That is, you star in a great adventure to save the world, or whatever. In this case, you're in Mushroom Kingdom's past, hundreds of years before Mario, Peach, or Bowser were even born. It is an era of swords and sorcery, drawing some inspiration from games like Final Fantasy, Dungeons & Dragons, and Dwarf Fortress, but it mostly has to do with a war between the Mushroom Kingdom and the Empire of Shadows. It has been prophesied that a team of up to 8 heroes will save the kingdom, and you just might happen to be one of those people. Whether as a citizen, a traveler, a refugee, or a defector, you have taken residence in the castle town, and you show interest in entering the local tournament. But first, let's go over the basics. Please read the post in its entirety, as I don't want people trying to play without knowing what they're supposed to be doing.

Character stats
Spoiler:

Character-building
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

How do I sign up?
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
 Post subject: Re: Mushroom Kingdom: Shadow of the Past (Forum RPG)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:03 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Are you sure this forum game will gain a lot of attention when your other one already died?
That's like 8 pages of text (literally, I checked) to read for a forum game. I don't really see the point of playing such a complex game in a forum, especially when it makes already slow RPGs even slower.

But hey, that's just my two cents on the matter. I might be wrong and lots of people will show interest, Idk.

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:07 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
If people do not show interest, I will simply take it elsewhere. The people on Fusion Gameworks loved stuff like this.

EDIT: if less than 4 people post after 48 hours, I'll have this topic locked and the RP moved to Forum Gameworks.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:02 am 
Waka waka waka
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I gotta agree, it's unlikely a game as complex as this will survive when much simpler games have failed. Though now I really want to do some sort of Nintendo based DnD campaign. C'mon let's do it guys you know you wanna

Still, I'll throw my hat in in hopes enough people sign up.

Spoiler:

Grumble Volcano - Mario Kart Wii

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:06 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Here is my entry. First time doing something like this. Four people posted, Me, Coco, You, and Fox
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:15 pm 
Resident Ninnyhammer
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
@ wariowareaditct556: I'm afraid you're mistaken. What I meant was "four people interested in playing the game", which I thought could be inferred by context.

And since that didn't happen in 48 hours as I hoped, I will keep true to my word's intent and have this topic locked, with my RP business taken elsewhere.

@ DJ Coco: There are some people who actually enjoy forum RPGs like this, believe it or not. The thing you can do that you can't do in a video game RPG is actual role playing, or acting out your character. In a pen-and-paper tabletop RPG, chatroom RPG, or a forum RPG, you can. While a forum RPG is indeed slower than all of the above, it also doesn't require everyone to be present at the same time.

But I guess MFGG isn't into that kind of stuff, and that's fine. Perhaps someone else in the future might have better success, or perhaps not.

User page at mfgg.net

[at]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:20 pm 
Cliax Codec X Splatoon
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Good luck taking this elsewhere

Cliax Codec is a combination of top-down and third-person shooter. The gameplay will blend platforming, puzzle and shmup elements together to create a unique gameplay experience. You will take control of four playable characters which rise against a team that seemingly wants to take over the world - but are their motives really that cliché, or are there deeper motives behind their actions?

Currently designing Chapter 1-6, 5%

GOTM titles
Spoiler:
Fan Art
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 7 posts ]  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.Forum locked