PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:54 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Let's have a talk about obscure games.

I recommend Actraiser. Even though the village building stages probably haven't aged really well, the level design, bosses, and soundtrack are all pretty cool. It's also an interesting way of seeing how Nintendo can sometimes accept religious references in their games (God, Satan, Cupids and other stuff).

Now it's your turn guys. Do you know any good obscure games I should play? It's hard for me to find some because... well... they're obscure, So It would be great if you guys could suggest me to play one or two.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
 Post subject: Re: Good obscure games?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:29 pm 
Oops! All Berries
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Rivals of Aether. It's quite a fun Smash Bros. clone on its own, but it is also quite a bit more than that. It's mainly inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay, where aerial attacks have little landing lag, and you can perform "wavedashing". It has a great retro-esque soundtrack, a story mode, online play with ranked and un-ranked matchmaking, and even custom fighter colours.

The roster of 8 + 3 DLC characters does seem a little small, but as a result each character feels more fleshed out and unique than your typical Smash fighter. Some fighters have completely original ideas like Orcane's puddle mechanic where you can place one on the stage, and your recovery has you teleporting to the puddle, or Forsburn being able to create a clone of himself. You can also play as Ori from Ori and the Blind Forest. Need I say more?

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:38 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Bushido Blade 1 and 2 on PS1.

They're not the greatest games of all time, but they're really fun in my opinion.

Basically, you select a character and play through a series of sword fights (mostly) in a barebones story mode.

The first one is pretty basic, and there aren't that many characters. The second one has lots of unlockable characters, as well as more game modes.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Mario Odyssey

Wait what?

I always liked Buck Bumble for N64. You're a floating bee with a gun. Go around shooting other big bugs. It's just cute to see the world from the eyes of a technologically advanced warrior bug.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:53 pm 
¿
Good At French
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Armillo

It's about an armadillo who rolls around planets in search for his brother, who was kidnapped by aliens
I reminds me of Super Mario galaxy and Sonic

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:58 pm 
sluuuuurp
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

an untitled story

one of my favourite metroidvania games ever, with a super charming artsyle

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:47 pm 
Watashi Wa
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
You should play Khimera: Destroy all Monster Girls

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm 
Here we go.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Ristar

Don't remember much, honestly, but it's fun and the ideas presented are creative and artistic.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:48 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Phantom 2040 for the Super Nintendo.

A little bit of Metroid, a little bit of Mega Man, with branching paths, multiple endings, and a way better grapple gun that you get from step one and can upgrade.

Also you can grab robots and use them as shields while running and gunning how is that not the best thing ever.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:57 pm 
:3c
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Rochard for Windows and PS3 I think.

It's a 2D platforming game with the gravity gun from Half-Life 2. It also has a pretty good soundtrack.

My signature is very empty now that I've removed the advertising. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[tw]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:13 pm 
福瑞退化者
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Digger (Windmill Software), it is a very similar game to Dig Dug made in 1983. I played this years ago.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:28 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Syaxamaphone wrote:
You should play Khimera: Destroy all Monster Girls

It's downloaded.

Anyway, play Headphone Holidays. We all know how obscure that game will be when it comes out

Also Battle Tanks for the original Gameboy was pretty fun.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 am 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

YoshiEgos wrote:
Ristar

Don't remember much, honestly, but it's fun and the ideas presented are creative and artistic.

Yeah this

The Genesis library has some good stuff that nobody talks about anymore

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:52 pm 
* Incredible nightmare ensues *
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Great my favorite topic!

All 3 Kururin games
They're cute action-puzzle games made by Eighting but sorta owned by Nintendo, it's about a bird inside of a spinning stick that has to move through a level without hitting walls, but they're way more fun than it sounds, especially if you like getting the fastest time in short levels. The first game, Kuru Kuru Kururin, was released in the US on Wii U's GBA Virtual Console, and it's sequels, Kururin Paradise and Kururin Squash(on the GameCube!!!), are even better but are Japan-only(still easily playable without being able to read Japanese, though).

Alien on the Run is also a good game deep in the depths of 3DS eShop. You play as a captured alien trying to to escape a ship made by... alien-er aliens(?) and the gameplay is mostly you diving into spotlights and posing, it's weird but still very fun, if a little lacking in content. Same deal as Kururin as it's about getting the fastest time, too.

Beetle Adventure Racing is obviously a racing game on Nintendo 64. It's definitely worth a try even if you're not a big fan of Volkswagen Beetles(because that's the only thing you drive!) and probably one of the most original arcade-y racing games ever made. There's only 6 race tracks iirc so the main game is overall short, but the tracks are extremely long and there's many alternate routes(not so much shortcuts) to the point where it's almost like a Sonic the Hedgehog level, along with collectibles to find while racing. There's also a Mario Kart-ish battle mode but I'm not sure how much fun I'd say it is. The game also has crazy sound effects to the point where it's almost like WarioWare

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 14 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic