PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 pm 
Dairy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pretty good question, right?

Why do you like playing games about a fat italian american spaghetti eating plumber with a high pitched voice who has to get coins out of shining metal boxes with question marks, stomp living turds and anthropomorphic winged yellow turtles with boots and rescue a woman and her deformed mushroom headed subjects from a giant fire breathing lizard?

I haven't been able to find a coherent answer yet, now have you? It's probably simply because I grew my whole childhood playing its games, but I still can't figure it out.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
 Post subject: Re: Why do you like Mario?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:21 pm 
Lawful Evil
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Fun video games.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 pm 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

He has fun games with cute visuals

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:26 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
I like Mario for myself because it's the kind of game series that's easy to pick up and play but has plenty of challenge if you want it, and it's also a good quick-fire game series. Aside from the RPG's (with the exception of Colour Splash), most Mario games can be played in small 15-30 minute stints. It's fun, bright, cheerful for the most part and is just rewarding to play no matter how you look at it.

As a parent, I also like Mario because it's such an easy series for my son to understand. I really enjoyed playing through Colour Splash with him because it was visually easy for him to grasp the story or what was going on because of how the characters were presented and animated, regardless of the heavy text. Plus it was filled with characters he already knew and loved from the normal Mario games. The characters are simple and easy to understand. He loved watching me play the NES Mario games, then SNES and so on, moving into 3D World and even makes his own levels in Mario Maker. The Mario series is so easy to "get" that it's been the perfect introduction to video games for him.

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:31 am 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
It definitely had a positive impact on my life. He's a light-hearted character that fights adverse scenarios and even other characters with dark undertones. He's wholeheartedly a positive character by design, which I really admire design-wise.

Plus the video games are fun, too.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:35 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
My interest in Mario depends on the game, I guess.

Lately, I feel like he's been stagnant/cookie cutter and it's great that Super Mario Odyssey is going to be a vastly different experience than anything we've seen from him in about a decade.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:14 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Mario's fun.

Really all there is to it.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:06 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
He was my hero growing up. A cute strong athletic kind hearted guy. Like a friendly uncle. He's fun to move around in the game world and is open to anything since he has such a positive attitude. He's diverse and strong.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:56 am 
hi hello
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Morrad1991 wrote:
He was my hero growing up. A cute strong athletic kind hearted guy. Like a friendly uncle. He's fun to move around in the game world and is open to anything since he has such a positive attitude. He's diverse and strong.

Yeah, the characters are definitely a reason why I got into Mario as a little kid. While they don't have a ton of depth to them (outside of the RPGs), they're very cute and inviting characters that are fun and easy to play with even if you've never seen them before

Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[au]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:28 am 
Not banned.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
My son has 4 plush characters on his bed that he sleeps with. Mario, 2 Toad's and Wind Waker Link. He calls them his friends :)

Available for ANDROID and IOS

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:51 am 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Adding on to what other people have said, Mario is very much an "everyman" character. While Mario has access to a variety of items that give him superhuman abilities (like flying or throwing fireballs), he's not a traditional superhero archetype. He's not tall, and you can tell that he enjoys eating that tasty Italian food. People can relate to him because he's basically an ordinary guy.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm 
I mean he's not a plumber anymore (I guess) but that doesn't mean most of his games are not addicting and doesn't have some of the best 3D platformers out there. I can always look forward to a main series game or RPG or basically anything from the Mario franchise.

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:24 pm 
Kootie Patootie
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
I like Mario for the fan narratives.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:05 pm 
The first gaming character I loved as a child. The NES will never be forgotten. MOst Mario games ever since the 1980's have remained of high quality standards. Also the characters tied into Mario universe, Luigi, Peach, Goombas, Bowser, Shy Guy, Est, Est all fit into together nicely.

[ca]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:09 pm 
Am a girl
[*]
[*]
His games are consistently fun, as is his character.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 pm 
always have a hot girl as your avatar
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
if i'm being honest? i love mario games because i grew up with them. when i was a little boy, super mario was my hero, and i wanted to be big and strong like him when i was a grown-up. princess peach might have something to do with me having a bit of a thing for classy blondes as a grown man, though i'm digressing in saying that.

pursuant to what kritter was saying about his son, it's also something that i can bond with my niece over. i'm not a father, but my niece is getting to be the age where she can process what's going on when uncle fireball shows her video games. when she was two or so, i showed her the copy of super mario world that her pap (my grandfather; her great-grandpa) bought for me and i remember that she was entranced by it... well, at least until she said "i don't want to watch this one any more." (i guess she thought it was a movie.) now, i know i'm rambling, but for me, having the person who's the closest thing i will ever have to a daughter enjoy something that i do satisfies me deeply as a person.

I don't really use waifu seriously. The very definition of waifu is that you are in love with them and I'm not at the point where I would develop romantic feelings for an anime character. It's only... friendsu with benefitsu ;)

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 16 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic