Not a bird
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
Tell here about the most amusing game glitches that you've had the luck of finding by yourself in accident! And by yourself only.

(Bonus appreciation if you've got screenshots or a list of requirements to perform the glitches)

One I remember I had loaded a lot in The Sims but I soon realized that the game was for some reason considering the only child in the family an adult; meaning it could do whatever only adult Sims could. And the game didn't look broken at all when I put this child Sim to interact with adults-only furniture, but eventually this child Sim suddenly grew a random adult body yet kept the child head, like a Frankestein monster. :huh: Going out and back into this lot fixed the glitch but now I wish I knew how to do it again. Too bad I didn't get any video or screenshot of that andI don't know what could've triggered it.

Spoiler:

[ie]
 Post subject: Re: Game Glitches
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:06 am 
thanks, neweegee!
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
believe it or not, i found the infinite coin glitch in nsmbw by myself. so, you go to W4-Castle with an ice flower/ penguin suit, go to the really big fence with koopas on it, grab the fence, then QUICKLY jump, shoot an iceball at a koopa, and turn the fence. now the (frozen?) koopa will spew endless coins to max out your points and lives. if the coins are left alone, THIS WILL LAG THE GAME ALOT.

my youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Pu2NplrfCUbTxE_zyHITQ

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:03 pm 
[*]
[*]
Fire Nuclear Crocodile Killer (FiNCK) has a clock object that decreases your gravity, jump height and maximum speed while you're holding it. The gravity and jump height decreases cancel each other out to a normal jump height, and it just gives the illusion that you're slowed down in time.
But it seems the effects only come into play a frame or two after you grab it, which leaves you just enough time to jump at regular height- not adjusted for low gravity- and have the low gravity applied while you're in midair.
Spoiler:

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:35 pm 
Always have a Shy-Guy in your avatar
Administrator
[A]
[S]
[W]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Back when Yoshi's Island was still pretty new, I was playing World 2-1 and got to the point right after Poochy where you use one of those bouncy spring things to bounce on up to the next part of the level. There's a wall that splits the area in two. One time I clipped through the wall and got sent to an empty room. I tried hovering as far as I could, but eventually I fell into a pit.

Since then, I've heard of other people experiencing this glitch, but I've never been able to repeat it.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:55 am 
SMRPG Fanatic
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
Back when I played SMRPG, I found Mario's Factory... Just kidding this never happened!

I have two glitches, the first in Kirby Super Star and the other in Donkey Kong Country 2.

When I played KSS on an emulator back in the day, I was casually playing through Great Cave Offensive until... MARX appeared!?! Apparently, from my knowledge, it was a sprite glitch on the emulator I was using, ZSNES, where it simply loaded the wrong sprite index. It's happened to multiple people as well, there are even videos on YT.

In DKC2 I was playing on the console when I saw a strange enemy swimming... A palette glitch of the Floatsam enemy. It wasn't even a palette that worked on it either, it was just weird.

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:30 pm 
Why so serious?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Near the beginning of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Jack is supposed to open a few doors for me. Here he is just walking back to where I first met him, forcing me to pull off a grenade jump to get around the door he didn't open.
phpBB [video]

THIS IS THE PUN TAX! PAY THE PUN TAX! - Proton Jon

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:41 am 
:3c
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Behold, the double glitch! In which the audio for the video gets corrupted, while I'm capturing the physics bug.

My signature is very empty now that I've removed the advertising. :(

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:35 pm 
The plot thickens
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
My favorite glitch is in one of the train levels in the first Wario Land. You duck jump onto the checkpoint statue, then stand up, this will result in your head going through the ceiling. If you jump from there, you will enter some sort of glitchy debug room. I found this when I was only 4 or 5, and for the longest time, I thought it was some sort of secret area, so I'd spend hours in the room, trying to find whatever treasure it held.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

I like the one from Ocarina of Time where you can overwrite another C-item with a Bottle. I usually end up doing it with the Claim Check after I've already gotten the Biggoron Sword even though I'm so good at the game I honestly don't need bottled fairies.

I also often do the one right at the start of Metroid Prime 2 that lets you get the Missile Launcher twice, giving you an extra five Missiles and ending the game with 101%. Still works in the Trilogy release too, which is cool.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image
Mario's Sticker Stage - Finished adding Jump Stickers!, 26%

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:24 pm 
soverygrin
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]

Although it's a fairly well known glitch, I was surprised when accidentally finding it for the first time. So performing long jump into a snowball as small toad causes him to slide backwards.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:36 pm 
Always have Jason Voorhees in your sig
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

The only glitch I can honestly say I've found on my own is in Super Mario Bros 2.

The best place to do this is in 1-3. You get the star from the cherries, then you go inside the potion-door with the star. The star theme should still be playing. Whether or not you get the mushroom does not affect the glitch, as far as I can remember. As the star theme starts to end, exit the door at just the right time. If you did the glitch correctly, it should cause the theme that should play inside the door to play in the overworld.

Image Image
Bibby Team | MFGG3 Github

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:52 pm 
I'll be your 1-Up boy.
Social Media Manager
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
My favorite glitch is Tails in Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure. It's fun to run around in stages you shouldn't be.

User page at mfgg.net

[ca]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:25 pm 
Silly guy
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
There were a few glitches in the Metroid Prime games I was interested in trying out a decade ago. Besides that no I don't do glitches.

Edit: wait a minute I did get out of Avon Wastes into the clouds to look around once. That was fun. Metroid Prime 2 > all the others

Last edited by Morrad1991 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:17 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Pedigree wrote:
My favorite glitch is Tails in Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure. It's fun to run around in stages you shouldn't be.

Oooh, yeah, that is a good one. I think there's ways to do it with Knuckles and Amy, too.

Another is shooting out of bounds in the Chao Garden in SA2, floating around, then coming back to find all your Chao have sunken into the ground.

Falcon Punch is the result of the Sun heating fists. It drives the Blue Falcon. Heating causes destruction of water into the pain, where it then hurts, creating rain. Rain creates flowing water in tears, which can then be converted into other forms through more pain.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[fi]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:03 am 
Why so serious?
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
Got a few more:

In Just Cause 3 I tried to make these two towers collapse, but my wires ended up getting glitched instead.
phpBB [video]

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, the camera locked to a campfire.
phpBB [video]

Here I'm playing with a mattress in Amnesia: TDD and it ends up absolutely destroying the frame rate. It stretches throughout the whole map and interacts with every physics object.
phpBB [video]

In Far Cry 4 this member of the Golden Path tried to walk through this helicopter, and ends up hovering over it.
phpBB [video]

In Just Cause 2 I exited a vehicle too close to a building and ended up clipping inside with no way out but death.
phpBB [video]

Here a Badass Corrosive Skag from Borderlands 2 desides to dance.
phpBB [video]

And here my FOV (field of view) gets all screwed up.
phpBB [video]

Here a Beheaded Kamikaze from Serious Sam 3 inhaled some helium.
phpBB [video]

In Blade Kitten you can defy gravity by sliding on the ceiling.
phpBB [video]

I also figured out a very consistent and easy method for the Gunzerk glitch in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, but it's been patched.

Last edited by Ultramario on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THIS IS THE PUN TAX! PAY THE PUN TAX! - Proton Jon

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 pm 
Your local psychic.
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Ah dang how could I forget about Wectoring, one of the greatest things about early Smash 3DS. Seeing Wario gaily gliding was greatly gratifying once mastered.

Of course they removed it and vectoring in general by returning to the classic style of directional influence. But still, we'll never forget those wonderful moments where our opponents thought they had us, began to gloat, only to see us return, from the brink of the blast line and then some, to continue the good fight.

scaled image

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:47 am 
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]

Once of the glitchiest games out there is Wipeout the Game on the Wii. I would show some screenshots and/or videos on how many glitches can be in the game, but I'm posting this at around 2:45 AM my time, so I can't really take any quick videos or screenshots right now. Plus I don't have a capture device so they're not going to be very good quality

I might come back to this later once I remember with screenshots or videos, but for now just find videos on Youtube about glitches in it (don't know how much you'll find though, never done a search for it)

EDIT:
Spoiler:

Took a GIF from a video on youtube, if you think that is weird, then just see if there is any other places on the internet that show glitches off. (It is very obvious that this game isn't very good :P)

(11/28/2020) Looking back at most of the things I did here many years ago makes me feel embarrassed :p But hey, we all started somewhere on the internet I guess. This site is basically the only remains of how I was years ago, and I can't look back at what me from over 5 years ago thought was "comedy" without cringing haha

I don't know if I'll return here some day, but I thank you all for the memories coming back to me after looking through my old posts. (which I advise you not to look through if you want to stay sane) If I do return, I do know of the new forum's existence, I just felt like looking back at posts here instead since I was more active on this one.

May the holidays go good if you are reading this around the time I am putting this text in my signature.

User page at mfgg.net

[gb]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 pm 
[*]
[*]
[*]
Favourite glitch you've found yourself eh?

Hmm, that's pretty difficult. I guess landing on top of the hollow planet in the third mission of the Freezeflame Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy was pretty neat:

(obviously video isn't by me, since my original video and the one someone else made for me have both long been and gone by this point).

Since then, I've found bugs in Luigi's Mansion 2, the Mario & Luigi series and Zelda Breath of the Wild, with my favourite in the latter being a bug that lets you clip inside Hyrule Castle by standing where a Guardian Turret will appear prior to a Blood Moon:

Alas, I'm not known for that one. I'm known for being the guy who figured you could permanently lose the Thunder Helm, the one who gets (wrongly) assumed to have found the reset glitch or the person who nearly crashed the game by putting boxes where Kilton's shop will appear.

https://gamingreinvented.com/

Also, for Wario fans, check out Wario Forums today!

User page at mfgg.net

[us]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:09 pm 
¿
Good At French
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
In super Mario galaxy, I found a place where you can fall for forever and never die. In the haunted galaxy when racing the boo if you take the launch star but don't grab the pull star you'll fall forever (I'll try to get a screen shot if possible)

User page at mfgg.net

« Previous topic | Next topic »
 [ 19 posts ]  Reply to topicPost new topic